Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

NineWheels posted:

This CAN'T be happening, yet somehow it is...

And I promise it will keep happening. It's been a bit longer than I'd like between first and second uploads, but you can expect Chapter 2 later today, and Chapter 3 in just a few days. It's awesome to see people getting excited about this!

Awesome! Eternal Darkness is one of those games that I've heard a lot about but never played for myself, so I'm looking forward to following this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Kurieg posted:

It doesn't help that health is a Chattur'gha spell. He's not exactly a friendly dude.

Can you say that about ANY of them though?

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Not being familiar with all the sanity effects in this game (I haven't played it for myself), I thought the part where the character model was sunk underneath the floor was a graphical bug at first. :monocle:

Hope to see more cool surprises like that as the LP goes on, I really enjoy your minimalistic commentary for this game.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

NineWheels posted:

Fourth update is ready to go, but my current internet connection and/or YouTube are/is being stupid, and it's not uploading properly. Soon.

Have you considered splitting up videos into smaller episodes? I like the length they're at right now, but if you're having trouble uploading or editing large episodes all together, that might be something to help keep them coming out on a regular schedule.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Serifina posted:

I love how everyone is just getting screwed, though. This is a game about how everything sucks and nobody wins and it comes through very well. Rocks fall, everybody dies.

Poor Karim just wanted to prove himself and look what he got. Zombies up the rear end and probably magically cursed now like Anthony.

That mention of recurring locations really makes me nervous because I'd hate to what becomes of him when we come back. :ohdear:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
I can see why everyone was saying this was their favorite chapter now. It just oozed atmosphere the entire way through, and Max's voice acting is the best in the game so far. :golfclap:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

JackNapier posted:

So, I have to ask the thread, who is familiar with Lovecraft's works? Maximillian's level is based on one of his short stories "The Rats In The Walls". If NineWheels doesn't mind, and anybody is interested, I'll post a link to the story, it's a very good companion piece after this level

I'm pretty sure all of Lovecraft's stuff is public domain, I've never read that one myself so I'd love it if you could post a good link. :dance:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Mr. Highway posted:

It sure as hell wasn't his writing that made him famous. As much as I enjoy this brand of horror and appreciate Lovecraft basically creating it, he was such a bad writer. His prose is clunky and heavily expositional. It's like reading an instructional manual with polysyllabic words.

Yeah a lot of his work can be a bit dry and dense to get through, kind of reminds me of reading Melville in that sense.

Doesn't mean that his stories can't still be effective horror though, The Colour out of Space made me stare at the ceiling for quite a long time trying to get some sleep after I finished it.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Makes sense that the cult would be picking off Franciscan monks that wind up at the cathedral, their monastic order was founded specifically to create reform within the Church, so they would probably be the ones to uncover the Ancients worship corrupting the hierarchy. :catholic:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

EdibleBodyParts posted:

I kept wanting Paul to yell, "Snake!" Paul Eiding, his voice actor is also Colonel Campbell, as well as the narrator from Diablo and Diablo 2.

Oh man, I KNEW his voice sounded familiar. Thanks for pointing that out.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
How hard is the Guardian boss fight if you don't have that magic pool running? Like if it was a first-time blind run and you didn't have access to abusing the magic system? Looks more tedious than actually challenging once you figure out the pattern though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

NineWheels posted:

Here's the video for the Ulyaoth run!

Expect the Chattur'gha run video, the epilogue video, and the complete sanity effects collection video all between Christmas and New Years Eve.

Thanks for getting all these videos out for us! Can't wait to see the rest of the content.

• Locked thread