Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i miss mewtwo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Video Viddy Games posted:

ive never played smash bros of any kind and i have this inkling that that is a good thing. much like the fact i have never played an moba

its not

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Omally posted:

i miss mewtwo

for real lucario needs to gtfo and who cares about a ninja frog jesus christ

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Omally posted:

i miss mewtwo

the leaker says mewtwo is in.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

ive never played smash bros of any kind and i have this inkling that that is a good thing. much like the fact i have never played an moba

get friends nerd

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Cyra posted:

for real lucario needs to gtfo and who cares about a ninja frog jesus christ
:stare:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Welp people were right with the whole Koopa kids sharing the clown face.

Also Shulk is confirmed and there's a metric loving truckload of Mother 1 trophies that have been rebranded into Earthbound.

But lets be clear, they're promoting Xenoblade on the same level that Fire Emblem is.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

romanowski posted:

get friends nerd

pls teach me how

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

mabels big day posted:

is that character select screen fake then or what

don't play with my emotions like this

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

pls teach me how

If you post in the imp zone you are a friend of mine.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
freakin sweet louis, peter griffin swoops in to battle!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

pls teach me how

Leave your dorm room door open while playing g smash bros

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

No Such Thing posted:

If you post in the imp zone you are a friend of mine.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

mabels big day posted:

confirmed fake now

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Omally posted:

is that character select screen fake then or what

don't play with my emotions like this

supposedly the character select screen is not complete. The shots were taken from the video that the ESRB received to rate the game, and in those screens the all star mode is not unlocked (or oddly absent) which implies that there are still a few more characters.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
where is master chief

Grakdesh
Jul 21, 2005

High-functioning otaku.

romanowski posted:

can't wait to tear that dog a new one i'm not even gonna lie

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The video in the OP has died

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

we've got people dissing some fairly loving epic vidcon characters because they think "hurrr anime is for pedophiles", the opinion of your average gbs retard. disgusting

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Dwight Evans posted:

we've got people dissing some fairly loving epic vidcon characters because they think "hurrr anime is for pedophiles", the opinion of your average gbs retard. disgusting

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

The video in the OP has died

this confirms the leak.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Why the gently caress would they bring Dr. Mario back?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

No Such Thing posted:

Why the gently caress would they bring Dr. Mario back?

i said this in the games thread but the whole deal with Lucina is that she was going to be a marth costume but then they tweaked her stats and had to make her a separate character. the same thing probably happened with Dr Mario and Dark Pit.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

mabels big day posted:

i said this in the games thread but the whole deal with Lucina is that she was going to be a marth costume but then they tweaked her stats and had to make her a separate character. the same thing probably happened with Dr Mario and Dark Pit.

That kinda makes sense, but given that one of the focuses they've had making the new smash bros has been lots of alt skins and in-game character stat and move customizations, making straight up clones like these seems kinda... off?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

No Such Thing posted:

That kinda makes sense, but given that one of the focuses they've had making the new smash bros has been lots of alt skins and in-game character stat and move customizations, making straight up clones like these seems kinda... off?

the thing with move customization is that stuff is for single player and games with friends only, not online. if, say, dr mario could only be associated with a custom moveset mario, then you couldn't use him online. that being said, there's no reason for Dark Pit to have changed stats, that's all sakurai wanting him to be different.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Add these chars, Nintendo

Ocelot (goony Snake Eater version)

Giovanni as a replacement for Pokemon trainer

Mog from FF6. His dance moves could be like capoeira attacks.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
poo poo is getting real

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Where the gently caress is Shyguy? Or Birdo, or even (god forbid) Waluigi. Nintendo I understand that you're still sitting on a million copies of Animal Crossing New Leaf that you really want to get rid of, but that doesn't make putting in the blank Animal Crossing character as a fighter a respectable decision. There are way better fits. I'm not even particularly invested in Smash Brothers and even I find this lame.

Well, whatever. Maybe the final roster will redeem this stuff.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

Where the gently caress is Shyguy? Or Birdo, or even (god forbid) Waluigi. Nintendo I understand that you're still sitting on a million copies of Animal Crossing New Leaf that you really want to get rid of, but that doesn't make putting in the blank Animal Crossing character as a fighter a respectable decision. There are way better fits. I'm not even particularly invested in Smash Brothers and even I find this lame.

Well, whatever. Maybe the final roster will redeem this stuff.

neogaf? /v/?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

My own spergy mind that spent way too many evenings with friends and weed with the first two.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait so you're not trolling and that's a sincere post

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
lol retard

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Hey now, we've all got our dumb spergy sides for different things, it's shameful but I've come to accept mine. Y'all got some too. If I were you Endorph I wouldn't pull that thread.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
As the one person in the world who likes Bowser Jr., I'm cool with this news.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gimbal lock posted:

Hey now, we've all got our dumb spergy sides for different things, it's shameful but I've come to accept mine. Y'all got some too. If I were you Endorph I wouldn't pull that thread.
yeah but at least i never got mad about the villager being in smash brothers over a loving shy guy

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Mega64 posted:

As the one person in the world who likes Bowser Jr., I'm cool with this news.

i will add this poster to my collection of oddities

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Endorph posted:

yeah but at least i never got mad about the villager being in smash brothers over a loving shy guy

look i identify with the shy guy and have a hard time playing as a character who is outgoing and has a lot of friends

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Putty posted:

i will add this poster to my collection of oddities

Look at the first New Super Mario Bros, Bowser loving dies in the first loving world because he's so pathetic. Mario just straight-up murders him. Bowser Jr., meanwhile, fights Mario over and over and over, eventually bringing his father back from the loving dead using voodoo magic or whatever.

Basically, Bowser doesn't loving bother to do anything besides the last world or whatever, while Bowser Jr. keeps fighting Mario over and over because he's not a loving coward like his dad.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Look at the first New Super Mario Bros, Bowser loving dies in the first loving world because he's so pathetic. Mario just straight-up murders him. Bowser Jr., meanwhile, fights Mario over and over and over, eventually bringing his father back from the loving dead using voodoo magic or whatever.

Basically, Bowser doesn't loving bother to do anything besides the last world or whatever, while Bowser Jr. keeps fighting Mario over and over because he's not a loving coward like his dad.

he has the power of youth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Endorph posted:

The villager really is a lovely character regardless of which game you put him in. They'd be better off replacing that thing with Miis in everything, including Animal Crossing.

• Locked thread