Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hulkamatt please change my nameto Hustle Booty Temp Tats Super Model

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

D Lambent posted:

God forbid they do a vignette for a few weeks like they did with Triple H when he was coming back from his knee surgery. I would have been more excited if they would have just shown him working out, getting stronger, etc. and then having him show up a week before NOC and have a faceoff with Lesnar or some poo poo.

But nope, let's go ahead and have him squash the whole roster for a month.

Cena should be in a frame-by-frame remake of the Rocky IV montage.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Y'all complain about Cena no selling but next week Bray Wyatt's gonna say something dumb and spooky like he wasn't just clawing the ground as he was dragged back for a further beating.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Paul Heyman challenging God almost made up for tonight.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Never underestimate the Bay Area/So Cal rivalry
Yeah I forgot how bloodthirsty In State rivals can be, I mean its why I'll never go to Philly, but then again what's there to do in Philly that I can't do in Pittsburgh? I mean I can at least say my NFL and NHL teams won a championship in the last 5 years.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Sorry, but the insatiable beast that is John Cena must be fed promising young talent lest he feast upon Vince's soul.
But Cena doesn't want to be fed, he wants to hunt!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

John Cena did not take a curb stomp through cinder blocks. He was physically dominated in a match for 15 minutes and made to look like a helpless child. He was not stretchered out he just looked helpless. He took a week off. That's plenty.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Also did I mention that the rusev heat scares the gently caress out of me because it does. Little children screaming USA just freaks me right out.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

In all seriousness y'all as terrible as that main was, I don't honestly believe Cena's winning at NOC. I'm just irritated they sacrificed the Wyatts when they should've just cut the Slater Gator/Matadores tag and have him annihilate Heath Brock-style instead.

TBH giving Lesnar a one month reign and then having Cena vs. Reigns as the WM main event would be a pretty WWE thing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Squashing Heath means nothing.

It should've been Orton even though Orton is great.

Hey good point, Orton wasn't even on the show so why the gently caress not

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Suben posted:

TBH giving Lesnar a one month reign and then having Cena vs. Reigns as the WM main event would be a pretty WWE thing.

With Reigns eliminating Bryan last to win the Rumble along the way.

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014
Know what I would have rather seen? Cena and Wyatt have a normal match, Heyman shows up on the top of the ramp, Cena distracted, loses, then demolishes Bray afterwards. Or Wyatt completely destroys Cena, then Cena snaps afterwards. Or Cena loses to Wyatt and we spend weeks questioning whether he'll ever be the same and actually puts up a decent fight in like a 20 minute brawl against Lesnar. Or gently caress, have Cena win in a normal match and just talk about how he looks motivated or some poo poo.

Anything but "Let's have him squash one of the only intimidating characters we have left"

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ABout to watch the Dean Ambrose eulogy. I can't believe he's really dead.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah I forgot how bloodthirsty In State rivals can be, I mean its why I'll never go to Philly, but then again what's there to do in Philly that I can't do in Pittsburgh? I mean I can at least say my NFL and NHL teams won a championship in the last 5 years.

Not only that, even outside of sports California is just really divided between its sections.

And on that note gently caress LA :colbert:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Action Shakespeare posted:

Also did I mention that the rusev heat scares the gently caress out of me because it does. Little children screaming USA just freaks me right out.

Were you shaking?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

I wonder what Bray did to piss off management, did Vince see him wear that Shinsuke shirt?

I think it's more that they needed to feed a prominent heel to Cena and he was top of the list. They're hurting for good ones nowadays.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Anime Device posted:

Seth Rollins is a murderer, and I don't know how to accept that.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I can't believe they didn't have Cena with the DDP rib tape or something to sell the beating.

Not that he would have anyway...

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Anime Device posted:

Died how he lived. Face down in filth.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Anime Device posted:

quit while you're ahead

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014

Maxwell Lord posted:

I think it's more that they needed to feed a prominent heel to Cena and he was top of the list. They're hurting for good ones nowadays.

Booking Problem #12837: They have this giant rear end roster and have roughly two to three formidable heels on and two to three formidable faces. The rest are either stuck in mid-card hell or jobbers.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm laughing my rear end off just from the OP so RAW has to be amazing to watch.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

D Lambent posted:

Booking Problem #12837: They have this giant rear end roster and have roughly two to three formidable heels on and two to three formidable faces. The rest are either stuck in mid-card hell or jobbers.

That sounds good. Three main antagonists, three main protagonists. This is good. This is not the problem.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Action Shakespeare posted:

Man you must've hated hogan vs slaughter at wrestlemania vii

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Cena owned all your faves.

He hasn't beat Rusev!!!

..yet :smith:

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Maxwell Lord posted:

They're hurting for good ones nowadays.

Can't imagine why.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

D Lambent posted:

Yeah, and it's a circular thing since as long as heels get fed to the top face they will never has as much heat as they should.

Of course it would have been salvageable if it were just Harper or Rowan eating the pin, without that stupid "drag Bray into the ring" spot.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Smoking Crow posted:

He wouldn't be the only one.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I thought they were going to have Lesnar go on this tear and Dean Ambrose or Daniel Bryan or Roman Reigns would be the one to stop him but now I think John Cena might do it at Night of Champions.

I hope that's not the case. It'd be fantastic for the rematch to be an even worse beating on John Cena.

Burt Buckle fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 26, 2014

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Sorry, but the insatiable beast that is John Cena must be fed promising young talent lest he feast upon Vince's soul.

The saddest thing is Bray Wyatt is literally the second youngest talent on the roster. Only his brother Bo is younger. So instead lets use him to elevate Hulk Cena.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Man, I sure do hope the Star Gold Bros. get to be champions soon.

D Lambent
Jul 28, 2014

RacistGuidingLight posted:

That sounds good. Three main antagonists, three main protagonists. This is good. This is not the problem.

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if they were used correctly, but the fact that there's so few top names and they're all being used like loving poo poo (minus Ambrose/Rollins if you consider them in that tier) makes it completely useless.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Heyman: Brock, I've got a totally new strategy after watching John Cena on Raw. Check this out.

*17 German Suplexes*

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I thought it was uncalled for when Natalya discus clotheslined Paige after the match. Why? What did Paige do? Makes me mad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Vince McMahon!

Only 69. He could theoretically do this poo poo for at least 30 more years!!

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Smoking Crow posted:

At least Rusev and swagger put on more interesting matches. I think the most disappointing thing is that Mark Henry didn't show up to continue his feud? This whole show felt so weird and wrong.

The Bo-tch was kinda great though.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Anime Device posted:

Man, I sure do hope the Star Gold Bros. get to be champions soon.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

important to note that upon wishing him a happy birthday Vince McMahon immediately texted Jim Ross that he squatted 500 lbs

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Lid posted:

The saddest thing is Bray Wyatt is literally the second youngest talent on the roster. Only his brother Bo is younger. So instead lets use him to elevate Hulk Cena.

How many years do you guys think Cena has before he literally cannot do it anymore?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Vince McMahon Sr. died @69. What do the cards hold for his handsome son?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Lid posted:

Well yeah, he is young so he has plenty of time to get over it, duh.

• Locked thread