Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NienNunb posted:

Who cares anymore?

I only care when Daniel Bryan's around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

if last year is any indication cena and lesnar will continue to feud for the next three months and there will not be another satisfying finish

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Johanns Molemann posted:

if last year is any indication cena and lesnar will continue to feud for the next three months and there will not be another satisfying finish

This way they can at least hide the fact that they have nobody loving else to fight Brock after Cena until at least the Rumble

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

I only care when Daniel Bryan's around.

you loving narcissist

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

Johanns Molemann posted:

Can't wait for the Cena/Lesnar Match that ends with big show punching them and the crowd booing.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Cardboard Box posted:

you loving narcissist

Bryan could never slam Yokozuna he's too small

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Cardboard Box posted:

you loving narcissist

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

I think there's some significance in Cena saying he doesn't want to beat Brock, just beat his rear end. I think it'll be the reverse of the 2012 match: Cena will aggressively beat up Lesnar but Lesnar will retain.

Oh poo poo I bet you're right.

I would actually be fine with this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really enjoyed that the Usos got booed during the match then they try to turn the Dust Brothers heel and instead they get face pops.

They seem so tone deaf to fans for like 90 of their booking.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the usos are generally over and have always had the ability to get good reactions from crowds who came in not caring about them though

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

usos have been more over than their push for a while

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So they're pushing Cena as being changed and a super monster in league with Lesnar via burying an entire stable, one of their up and coming stables to boot.

Makes total sense to me. Yep.

And we still got a few more weeks? Can't wait for Super Cena to destroy the entire roster.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Codependent Poster posted:

I really enjoyed that the Usos got booed during the match then they try to turn the Dust Brothers heel and instead they get face pops.

They seem so tone deaf to fans for like 90 of their booking.

So, call an audible on a long-term angle because 50 smarks booed one time? I'm not defending the turn, but that was the first time I heard the Usos get booed ever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

So they're pushing Cena as being changed and a super monster in league with Lesnar via burying an entire stable, one of their up and coming stables to boot.

And we still got a few more weeks? Can't wait for Super Cena to destroy the entire roster.

The fact that Cena did this now worries me less than if he did it on like, the go-home show.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But that's a chickenshit heel finish. Lesnar's ability to cement a new guy like Reigns or Ambrose hinges in him being the only actual monster heel in WWE left that hasn't been booked to poo poo.

If Lesnar sneaks a retention past Cena, Reigns' Mania victory for the title won't mean anything because the entire point of that is he'd be the only guy who could have done it. That doesn't work if we've all seen Cena trounce him on a B show 6 months earlier.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oatgan posted:

the usos are generally over and have always had the ability to get good reactions from crowds who came in not caring about them though

But the problem is they are the John Cena of the tag division. The Wyatts should have won the titles off of them. The crowd has been slowly turning on them since. They played heelish last week. And then they tried to turn a more charismatic team heel against them.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rhodes Brothers are far better equipped the handle a heel turn than the Usos and I'm willing to give them more than two minutes to do something with the angle, I guess. I don't know if it's going to be compelling or not, but this was one of the only segments on the show that felt like they had an actual plan for in the coming weeks.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is why I'm saying Brock's not gonna lose. I hated that last segment but the fact is they needed to do something to plant seeds of doubt (or hope, depending on your perspective) and that segment did that. I'm pretty sure both HHH and Vince's rumored plans for the Mania 31 event both involved Brock, so I still think Brock's winning.

They aren't gonna squash Cena two PPVs in a row. That's actually a dumber business decision than burying Bray probably, to be honest.

I don't want a second Cena squash but I want Brock to break him. Utterly break Cena. Let Cena fight and come close with his inane rapadoo by all means but let Lesnar just destroy him. I would love that. If Lesnar gets pinned they will lose so much of this monster heat he has built all in the name of that preening walking billboard. I hated HHH back in the day (especially with Booker) but at least his running things behind the scenes seemed to fit because ...heel. Now I see this bland guy who tosses out the same promo and matches and I'm expected to cheer him? Ugh. Course I never could stand Hogan either. Hate seeing Bray and the Wyatts fed to this douche. Couldn't they feed Adam Rose or someone who wasn't struggling for credibility to cena? Had a feeling Bray was doomed when they first started the feud way back when. Really liked the guy and gimmick too.

Something else to cleanse the palate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DGDu5UqiZk

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I say break up the Usos and give Jimmy a singles push. The guy can do a corkscrew back elbow from the second rope and that is all the justification I need to declare him the better twin.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Goldust is always one of the most over guys at house shows, like 2nd to Cena at least at the one I was at. Trying to turn a guy who is always over, even if its nostalgia, against two bland dudes is a bad idea.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It will be like the 2012 match with the roles reversed except that Cena will still win.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
When STEEN gets pulled up I hope he has the gimmick from this video

http://youtu.be/BbOAE8qOnbw?t=1m20s

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Why did Stone Cold squirt mustard all over Arn?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Guys I actually like Nikki Bella as a heel and don't think she's as bad of an actor as Brie.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The BIG BRYBOSKI

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

The BIG BRYBOSKI

It's honestly weird just how much better on the mic Bryan gets when he's a heel

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
The main event is about to start. Apparently it's real bad. This show has been real bad. I missed 6 Simpsons episodes because of this lovely Raw. :argh:

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

KungFu Grip posted:

Goldust is always one of the most over guys at house shows, like 2nd to Cena at least at the one I was at. Trying to turn a guy who is always over, even if its nostalgia, against two bland dudes is a bad idea.

Halfway through the show, but I wonder if they don't mind mixed reactions like this as much as they used to. Feel like Cesaro/Sheamus could go in the same direction, too.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cena is fuckin pissed and looking at Lesnar. Holy poo poo at the NoC hypE!!!

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Anime Device posted:

Cena is fuckin pissed and looking at Lesnar. Holy poo poo at the NoC hypE!!!

If only this episode of Raw had ended with Cena pointing at a 12 foot lighted sign of a Jimmy Johns logo, it would have been a 10/10 instead of a 9/10

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Von_Doom posted:

I don't want a second Cena squash but I want Brock to break him. Utterly break Cena. Let Cena fight and come close with his inane rapadoo by all means but let Lesnar just destroy him. I would love that. If Lesnar gets pinned they will lose so much of this monster heat he has built all in the name of that preening walking billboard. I hated HHH back in the day (especially with Booker) but at least his running things behind the scenes seemed to fit because ...heel. Now I see this bland guy who tosses out the same promo and matches and I'm expected to cheer him? Ugh. Course I never could stand Hogan either. Hate seeing Bray and the Wyatts fed to this douche. Couldn't they feed Adam Rose or someone who wasn't struggling for credibility to cena? Had a feeling Bray was doomed when they first started the feud way back when. Really liked the guy and gimmick too.

Good thing that's what's probably gonna happen (I'd consider toxxing on it but I don't wanna just eat a ban and have no idea what to do for any alternate condition, sorry)! And no, much as I hate to see it, whoever mentioned it was right, they couldn't have just fed Rose or Slater or Titus to Cena because it wouldn't have been as impressive then.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

It's honestly weird just how much better on the mic Bryan gets when he's a heel

because he gets better material then Cena B

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Good thing that's what's probably gonna happen (I'd consider toxxing on it but I don't wanna just eat a ban and have no idea what to do for any alternate condition, sorry)! And no, much as I hate to see it, whoever mentioned it was right, they couldn't have just fed Rose or Slater or Titus to Cena because it wouldn't have been as impressive then.

It's hard to call it impressive when Bray has been floundering for awhile.

And I still worry where things will go from here because it's still three more Raws before NoC and you just know they're going to drive the idea that Cena's changed and he's more aggressive down our throats through horribly one-sided matches.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

I think I gotta get into NJPW.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Alteisen posted:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alteisen posted:

Up and coming my foot. They have nothing left to say at this point other than Triple H put them up to it.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Fibby Boy posted:

I think I gotta get into NJPW.

It's a magical place.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Up and coming my foot. They have nothing left to say at this point other than Triple H put them up to it.

They could, though. Wyatt's a great talker and decent worker, Harper's an untapped talent and Rowan is sometimes capable of walking and breathing simultaneously. 2/3 of the group has a ton of potential; their having nothing left to say is no fault of theirs as wrestlers but of the writers/bookers being bad at their jobs.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

CarlCX posted:

They could, though. Wyatt's a great talker and decent worker, Harper's an untapped talent and Rowan is sometimes capable of walking and breathing simultaneously. 2/3 of the group has a ton of potential; their having nothing left to say is no fault of theirs as wrestlers but of the writers/bookers being bad at their jobs.

Honestly the Wyatt family had a pretty short lifespan and Bray never really winning a big one shortened that lifespan immensely. Without some kind of depth to his character there was just nowhere to take it once he started losing. "Eater of Worlds" is an exciting concept, but there hits a point where it becomes the equivalent of "some love me, some hate me but I love this business". We've heard it all before and the words might be somewhat different but in the end it's the same message over and over again repeated ad nauseum with no progression or change.

Don't get me wrong, the Wyatts were exciting during their first year. Now they're just another bunch of midcarders whose job it is to be fed to Cena when he needs a bit of a momentum boost. They might as well stick the US title on Bray so he can become the de facto Jobber To The Stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

CarlCX posted:

Rowan just casually picks up and bodyslams Big Show and Mark Henry and somehow nobody gives a poo poo at all.

• Locked thread