Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also, Ernie, what happened to your meta on Gulag that he wouldn't replace out as scum? Does that change your list at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

Also, Ernie, what happened to your meta on Gulag that he wouldn't replace out as scum? Does that change your list at all?

gulag would replace out of games he thinks are stupid or not worth his time, or when the people in the game are either of those two things

juanito is on my list because he's a question mark i.e. he hasn't done anything to make me think he's particularly town; not because i actually think he's scum

however, i have so many town reads that unless i want to run away with suggestions like 'chaoslord bussed hal when he didn't really have to so he could coast' then my few remaining neutral-scummy reads are by a process of elimination more likely scum than town

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

for what it's worth

i'd probably say

MG (because hal's interaction with him seems like a hal thing to do when distancing) is more likely scum than CCKeane (because he spent half a day pretending to not want to play and then the rest of the game pretending like he's really cornered me as a 3p - he did the same thing in France 42) who is more likely scum than Juanito who is more likely to be scum than chaoslord

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ernie. posted:

gulag would replace out of games he thinks are stupid or not worth his time, or when the people in the game are either of those two things

juanito is on my list because he's a question mark i.e. he hasn't done anything to make me think he's particularly town; not because i actually think he's scum

however, i have so many town reads that unless i want to run away with suggestions like 'chaoslord bussed hal when he didn't really have to so he could coast' then my few remaining neutral-scummy reads are by a process of elimination more likely scum than town

Why is kumba town though?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i don't get the feeling that kumba is scum, at least scum would have no special interest in appearing like they had the 'right' read on me when i vigged a townie early on

the interesting thought i had about kumba is if the scum really did fail their night-kill n1 (because pmom didn't and there wasn't a second one) then kumba had to know i might be the serial killer (because hey i had vigged someone that day) and yet defended me! scum would've been afraid after the knowledge of the existence of an SK and would've been looking for them

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i think there's value in both our jailers (who i think are 90% likely to both be town) claiming in order who they jailed

and us going through the entire list of people to try and figure out the scum's motivations at every single step of the way

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ernie. posted:

i think there's value in both our jailers (who i think are 90% likely to both be town) claiming in order who they jailed

and us going through the entire list of people to try and figure out the scum's motivations at every single step of the way

I will think Capps is 3p until proven otherwise

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

I will think Capps is 3p until proven otherwise

he's at least not scum because confirmed scum hal had a vested interest in our conversations suspecting capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
tt i am going to claim survivor
here i am survivor
i am not lying

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
woah scum we can win this game right now, hurry claim and i will vote with you!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lynch all liars ##vote capps

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
please just kill me i cant be in this game anymore, how can you read those posts by ernie and not want to kill him

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

uranus posted:

please just kill me i cant be in this game anymore, how can you read those posts by ernie and not want to kill him

I'll kill him derp, it's okay, I just have to edge you a bit longer. It's why I get paid the big bucks. Or something.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

It's why I get paid the big bucks. Or something.

we both know that's not true

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ernie. posted:

we both know that's not true

:negative:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also, really, i'm the only one putting effort into the game

so if that's your decision then welp

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Ernie. posted:

also, really, i'm the only one putting effort into the game

so if that's your decision then welp

But you will side with scum if you get the chance, I know you will. I mean, if you wanted us to feel like we should give you a chance because you're helping town you shouldn't have shot Meinberg.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
he actually is scum, i dont even believe the survivor thing

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

and what if i cut you a deal? an ernie-to-ixt deal that you can trust?

also i needed to give myself the chance to survive (which i have); realistically meinberg was the worst player to kill, if i really was playing a pro-scum game i could have taken out capps or mills

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

uranus posted:

hoi didn't you give up or something?

crawl back under a rock

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

What's the deal, Ernest?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ixtlilton posted:

What's the deal, Ernest?

even if the scum ask me to side with them at the expense of town, i won't

you have nothing but my word for this obviously, but this guarantees that my existence is worthless for scum because they won't have a majority vote until the day it was supposed to be if i were town

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ern this is what I think of every time you mention the townkill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNg8oT-k28E

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mind: i'm cutting you this deal knowing the scum could full-well nk me at night, but i doubt it will matter when we have two jailers on the job

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I refuse to believe in a setup with two town jailers

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Meta is as important to you as it is to me, so I will consider this deal. Also, TT does seem kind of obsessed with 3p which really reminds of the time he was scum and convinced Sandwolf was 3p. Am I wrong about you TT?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

Meta is as important to you as it is to me, so I will consider this deal. Also, TT does seem kind of obsessed with 3p which really reminds of the time he was scum and convinced Sandwolf was 3p. Am I wrong about you TT?

I am always obsessed about 3p because they are the best

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tremendous Taste posted:

I am always obsessed about 3p because they are the best

So it's just jealousy? You wish you could relive the SK win I think you had unless I'm misremembering?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

uranus posted:

I will vote ernie if you will vote dugong tomorrow.

Dugong goes to jail? No night kill. Dugong not in jail? Night kill. Maybe he's just unlucky, but that plus "My action failed" three nights in a row? Sounds like new scum to me.

Also I'm just going to full claim now because my second power broke so I'm vanilla town for all intents and purposes. If yall will remember earlier, when I told everyone that P Mom was SK, I said I had two powers but something bad might happen. My forensic broke after the first shot.

My other ability was cop. I managed to get NOT SCUM results on BN, Capps, and Magnus, so do with that what you will.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

So it's just jealousy? You wish you could relive the SK win I think you had unless I'm misremembering?

While I indeed had one of those, I think 3P are in general the most fun for what I like about mafia and I tend to view the game through that lens

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

chaoslord posted:

Dugong goes to jail? No night kill. Dugong not in jail? Night kill. Maybe he's just unlucky, but that plus "My action failed" three nights in a row? Sounds like new scum to me.

Also I'm just going to full claim now because my second power broke so I'm vanilla town for all intents and purposes. If yall will remember earlier, when I told everyone that P Mom was SK, I said I had two powers but something bad might happen. My forensic broke after the first shot.

My other ability was cop. I managed to get NOT SCUM results on BN, Capps, and Magnus, so do with that what you will.

Nice. I'm not sure about Dugong really, he should claim today.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i believe chaoslord, especially because hal was pretty much the godfather on his team

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

chaoslord posted:

ok deal. pr sure scum are gunna no lynch their way to victory with all these votesteals though ughghghghg

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

uranus posted:

ok deal. pr sure scum are gunna no lynch their way to victory with all these votesteals though ughghghghg

yeah clearly two town jailers is reasonable but town votestealer is not

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
one of each makes sense i guess. capps is town so i guess we could kill ix. im having a hard time caring when everything i say or do has no effect on anything. ##kill self

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i guess i shouldnt fake day actions

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i will accept the burden of knowing the scum but having no one listen, like that one person in that one story who was cursed to always tell the truth but always be percieved as lying

me poasting:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

uranus posted:

i will accept the burden of knowing the scum but having no one listen, like that one person in that one story who was cursed to always tell the truth but always be percieved as lying

me poasting:

cpig, just make all of uranus' dreams come true
let him be in charge of his own vote

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Nah Uranus should die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Neither Ernie nor I are scum, derp. You are a crazy person.

• Locked thread