Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:henget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Haha, I really thought someone else would have picked this, but top choice confirmed!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

In an alternate universe where I didn't get my first choice, #2 on my list!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD36ZhpHPpE

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

OMFG. I can't believe I forgot this. I've been watching it with my son. Did you know they put out a brand new second season last year??

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Meinberg posted:

I was not aware of that. I will have to check it out!

We are just about to finish season 1 and start season 2, just from checking it out before I bought the blu-ray though, know that the animation is beautiful, but unfortunately the voice actors are pretty much all different since it has been like 30 years. :(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jon Joe posted:

post some good modern cartoons (produced in the last 5~ years)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSyaXG5XsN0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtlX1pujSr4

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

Gravity falls~

haha, great minds.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

mr.capps posted:

i knew i should have went with jackie chan from jackie chan adventures

oh man i could have been sherlock holmes in sherlock holmes in the future or whatever that show is loving called

Even though we've only played like a few minutes of this game, I want to keep replaying it so I can pick other people. Someone should run this perpetually!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Say more than that

Haha, this is you trying to end the game as quickly as possible before you go to PAX. Don't mess up our fun times! :)

##vote Asiina

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

I'm going to dragoncon. are you going to vote me next, racist

As long as you don't throw any games we are in together before you leave, I'm good. I'm just jealous. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Rarity (3): GulagDolls, Ernie., chaoslord
Big Nothing (3): Asiina, Pinterest Mom, Kumbamontu
Asiina (2): Propaganda Machine, King Burgundy
Ernie. (1): Jon Joe, Tremendous Taste, Jon Joe
Ixtlilton (1): Jon Joe
mr.capps (1): Asiina, Asiina, Rarity
Tremendous Taste (0): Ernie., GulagDolls, Asiina, mr.capps, Asiina, GulagDolls, Ernie., mr.capps
GulagDolls (0): Asiina, Asiina

Not Voting (8): Big Nothing, Dugong, Ixtlilton, Magnus Gallant, Mills, mr.capps, Panoctagon, uranus

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 28th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT

1 day left! I think Asiina still wants to be puppy cuddled. She's too busy with PAX to pursue her scum activities anyway. Plus she used her ability twice on the same person even though it didn't work the first time. Who does that? Was it some kind of maybe he was one shot chomp-proof gambit? Craziness. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

KB is way too nice and sincere, would vote.

I'm only not nice when people are being lurker assholes or downplaying my awesome thread contributions. I'm sure we'll get there eventually. :)

Asiina posted:

No he's right I'm a monster vote me.

!!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

i say kill, and also murder, when referring to lynch.

I've been enlightened by Ernie in another thread so now I'm trying to say puppy cuddle, although it is tremendously awkward so I'll probably also use words like kill.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I am going to do this every game from now on to make me immortal this is bullshit!

It seems like a valid strategy. Maybe I'll try that next game too. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

A winner is found. If you don't get a pm you didn't win.

:qq:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Big Nothing (3): Asiina, Pinterest Mom, Kumbamontu, Asiina, chaoslord
Rarity (2): GulagDolls, Ernie., chaoslord, chaoslord
Asiina (2): Propaganda Machine, King Burgundy, Jon Joe, Propaganda Machine
Ernie. (1): Jon Joe, Tremendous Taste, Jon Joe
Mills (1): Asiina
mr.capps (1): Asiina, Asiina, Rarity
Ixtlilton (0): Jon Joe, Jon Joe
Tremendous Taste (0): Ernie., GulagDolls, Asiina, mr.capps, Asiina, GulagDolls, Ernie., mr.capps

Not Voting (9): Big Nothing, Dugong, Ixtlilton, Magnus Gallant, Mills, mr.capps, Panoctagon, Propaganda Machine, uranus

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 28th, 2014 at 11 p.m. EDT

-----

Hi! Just a reminder, deadline tonight, still a lot of non voters up in this thing. What are you folks thinking?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think, regardless of whatever role she has, she went into this game expecting to be dead by the end of day 1 due to her vacation/trip which she has been talking about for ages.

I think her eagerness to get voted is completely transparent and you are all being really weird. :)

Having said that, if you'd rather she just cling on inactive until at least next Tuesday and/or get modkilled because you think she's town, then that is totally fine.

---

On another topic, I think it is weird how people are making assumptions about arch enemies with expected arch enemy flavor. Remember that we chose our own cartoons, how likely is it that someone picked he-man and another person picked skeletor(for example) from every cartoon that people were interested in. If people do have hunters or the like, I suspect it is unrelated to the same cartoon they are from. Like if I had picked Captain Caveman, there is no chance at all someone would have picked a captain caveman villain(my god, did he even have any? I think it was more like Scooby doo).

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I'm not voting Asii based on her asking to be killed. She's been talking about this trip in the discussion thread for ages.

You seemed eager to comply with her needs when she signed up. :)

Asiina posted:

I will take the spot if I can guarantee I die at the end of D1 because I'm leaving tomorrow.

Rarity posted:

Turbo turbo turbo!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Panoctagon posted:

Is Magnus Gallant still in this game? He hasn't posted once yet.

Some pretty hardcore lurking if so?

You haven't weighed in on anything yet and are one of the non voters. What are your thoughts on the game? Who are you wanting to vote before the deadline and why?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

has anyone else realised the derp is mod confirmed town

Seriously? Show me. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is only true for you. the rest of us have no idea if you're telling the truth about your role or not.

It also assumes he is really for sure Powdered Toast Man and his power is giving toast, which we have to take his word for. Also, I'm not sure Mills breakdown is really as cut and dried as he thinks it is. It is certainly something to keep in mind as other things are revealed but it isn't mod confirmed town from most of our perspectives.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Ernie. (5): Jon Joe, Tremendous Taste, Jon Joe, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, uranus, Magnus Gallant, Big Nothing, Rarity
Big Nothing (4): Asiina, Pinterest Mom, Kumbamontu, Asiina, chaoslord, Propaganda Machine, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant
Asiina (2): Propaganda Machine, King Burgundy, Jon Joe, Propaganda Machine
Ixtlilton (1): Jon Joe, Jon Joe, Dugong
uranus (1): Ernie.
Rarity (1): GulagDolls, Ernie., chaoslord, chaoslord, Ernie.
Mills (1): Asiina, Big Nothing, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Big Nothing
mr.capps (0): Asiina, Asiina, Rarity, Rarity

Not Voting (4): Ixtlilton, Mills, mr.capps, Panoctagon

----

Bout an hour and a half left.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills, why aren't you voting?

Ix/Pan, are you two going to benefit us with your presence?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

I voted Ernie like 3 days ago so I'm not sure why I'm not voting

You must be thinking of the other game. This game you only voted meinberg.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

what the hell is this post?

how can a mod even say this?

What on earth are you talking about?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

nvm i am tired and confused king burgundy with dbd because survivor, and this thread with another

oops

:glomp:

Hey Ernie, if you are town, don't vote for yourself. That is counterproductive.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

we should probably lynch burgundy, he knows too much about this game and is taking it too seriously to be genuine town hiveminder

##vote kb

Huh?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

wait
holy poo poo
i think we can all agree
##vote panoctagon

I was leaning Ixt or Pan based mostly on inactivity. I could be down with this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

come on that is the most transparent scum case ever. please tell me this isnt his first game so you guys dont vote him on BS technicality

I looked him up on votefinder and it looks like it is his first game after all. Unless he played prevotefinder. I'd rather not puppy cuddle a brand new guy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

I'm not feeling the Ernie lynch though. What are the options?

I'm still happy on Asiina, but I'll also switch to Capps, Ixt, or BN. I'm not feeling anyone else tonight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mills posted:

Anyone who does not vote JJ is a big dumb gently caress

there i said it

Well poo poo, I don't want to be a dumb gently caress.

##vote JJ

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Cpig I have to write up a post and it will take longer than 10 minutes so don't close the thread while I'm writing this post. This day took a huge turn to the lovely and I need to tell you all.

:(

JJ is at -4 and we are about an hour from deadline, you have some time.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Okay so I get to Toronto and to the gate no problem. Then oh no my flight is delayed. So half an hour late the flight takes off. I'm worried I'll miss my connection because we only had an hour and now it'll be 30 minutes. We ask the flight attendants and they say they've radioed in and someone will be there to golf cart us through the airport to make our connection. There's me and 2 other people in this predicament.

But when we get on the ground a guy is all yeah no you need a minimum of 90 minutes to make this connection to go through customs. The system locks you out 60 minutes before. So we've booked you on a new flight 5 hours from now. You'll have to go get your luggage and recheck in. When we say that we never would have had 90 minutes because even if the flight was on time it was 60 minutes he's all oh yeah nobody ever makes this connection. THEN WHY IS IT AN OPTION?!

So nothing to do now they've discharged our bags. So we go to the baggage claim and our bags are not there. We ask and they say we have to wait for them to come out of special handling. 20 minutes later we ask again and apparently they are now stuck in baggage limbo between the first airline the original connecting airline and the new connecting airline.

We were assured they would be tagged properly but who the gently caress knows.

Now I'm sitting here eating burger king looking at the rockies and contemplating my lovely life.

This is really really lovely. :(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Jon Joe (8): Mills, Pinterest Mom, Ernie., King Burgundy, Big Nothing, Magnus Gallant, chaoslord, Kumbamontu
Ernie. (4): Jon Joe, Tremendous Taste, Jon Joe, Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste, uranus, Magnus Gallant, Big Nothing, Rarity, Ernie., Panoctagon, Ernie., Big Nothing, Magnus Gallant
Mills (2): Asiina, Big Nothing, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Big Nothing, Jon Joe, mr.capps, Asiina, Asiina, mr.capps
Ixtlilton (1): Jon Joe, Jon Joe, Dugong
Rarity (1): GulagDolls, Ernie., chaoslord, chaoslord, Ernie.
Big Nothing (1): Asiina, Pinterest Mom, Kumbamontu, Asiina, chaoslord, Propaganda Machine, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Pinterest Mom, chaoslord, Kumbamontu
uranus (0): Ernie., Ernie.
Panoctagon (0): Mills, Mills
King Burgundy (0): Mills, Mills
Asiina (0): Propaganda Machine, King Burgundy, Jon Joe, Propaganda Machine, King Burgundy, Jon Joe
mr.capps (0): Asiina, Asiina, Rarity, Rarity

Not Voting (2): Ixtlilton, mr.capps

---

Like 25 minutes left.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sounds believable. Looking like we'll no lynch then.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hey JJ, why was that your favorite character/character you most wanted to play?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Well, 5 minutes left, is there even a 10th vote?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If you guys still want him gone, I'm willing to go with the majority.

He hasn't actually said he is town. And nothing about his role is inherently towny in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

gently caress it then, I'll put it back.

##vote JJ

• Locked thread