Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
That was a lot of fun. Good games everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theonlypie314SA
Mar 19, 2013

Archive of the tourney is here
http://www.twitch.tv/pbug/b/582242555

It was a fun tourney to watch! Thanks for hosting it Pbug. Maybe I'll join in next time when I'm not garbage tier.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
Congrats to Chickenfrogman, who is the SA P4U champion god-king. Results are as follows:

1st: Chickenfrogman as Minazuki
2nd: Party Bug as Adachi
3rd: jmcrofts as Shadow Kanji

Bracket is here: http://challonge.com/goonp4u

Thanks to everyone for showing up, unless you beat me. If goons are still playing early next month I might do another one of these.

Party Bug fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 27, 2014

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
It was fun. I'll try and actually sharpen up if we do this again. Good games guys.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I got you nerds next time. GGs all!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really wanna play in a tourney, so I'll be practicing till next time

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Highlight of my P4 career:

http://i.imgur.com/tdUAftD.gifv

Shadow Kanji 2 stronk.

(party bug ran it back in the losers bracket and beat me :smith:)

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
So I was told that UK won't be getting any of the DLC?
Is this as big as a crock of poo poo as it sounds like or do ATLUS really hate EU to such an absurd point.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Does anybody play this on pad, and if so how long does it take to get used to it?

I decided to pick it up on ps3, but I will unfortunately not have a stick that's compatible with the ps3 until, hopefully, some time in November or December. I tried doing some of the challenges and the input requirements seem way too precise for me to actually perform on a pad, should I just give up until I get a stick?

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Does anybody play this on pad, and if so how long does it take to get used to it?

I decided to pick it up on ps3, but I will unfortunately not have a stick that's compatible with the ps3 until, hopefully, some time in November or December. I tried doing some of the challenges and the input requirements seem way too precise for me to actually perform on a pad, should I just give up until I get a stick?

I use a pad and the challenges are hard but not impossible. With enough practice I don't have much trouble getting the inputs right. I use a stock PS3 controller, I keep meaning to get the old ps1 style controller with no analog sticks but, yknow, :effort:

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i thought persona was babby mode when it came to inputs. especially compared to Kof13 :shrug:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

stoutfish posted:

i thought persona was babby mode when it came to inputs. especially compared to Kof13 :shrug:

I was comparing it to SSF4, which is much more babby mode. At least it's way easier for me to do double qcf/qcb in that than P4AU.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yukiko, Ken and Shadow Labrys are the worst parts of using a pad, everyone else is perfectly fine and using a pad shouldn't deter you from using those three if you like them.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yukiko, Ken and Shadow Labrys are the worst parts of using a pad, everyone else is perfectly fine and using a pad shouldn't deter you from using those three if you like them.

Yukiko is actually who I was trying to use. I'll just keep trying and see if I get used to it. I know I'm going to end up going back to stick once I get one, but I can at least play through the story mode or something until then.

PrivRyan
Aug 3, 2012

This rock smells like stone.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I was comparing it to SSF4, which is much more babby mode. At least it's way easier for me to do double qcf/qcb in that than P4AU.

u take that back
no really

Worldwide Panther
Jul 20, 2010

Go see the stars!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

yeah, cancels are WAY harder than links

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I'm just saying I remember having less trouble with the inputs in SSF4. :shrug:

Maybe it's because I was playing more fighting games back then and I'm rusty now.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

So I was told that UK won't be getting any of the DLC?
Is this as big as a crock of poo poo as it sounds like or do ATLUS really hate EU to such an absurd point.

Where did you hear this? I haven't heard anything like this.

Party Bug
Mar 13, 2008

SALT BECOMES EMPOWERMENT
I uploaded the P4U tournament on youtube so it won't go away because Twitch sucks.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The_Frag_Man posted:

Where did you hear this? I haven't heard anything like this.

A badly translated document that is currently in the 4Chan Persona General. It's been shortened to NO DLC EVER, but the PR guy says no free launch DLC.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/2kkxot/p4au_eu_dlc_a_clarification/

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
that's doubly awful because the characters and everything else are sitting there on the disc and the only reason they snipped it all out in the first place was to actually turn a profit off a niche fighting game based on a niche jrpg. not giving everyone at least some access to it is hella lovely, don't be like capcom, atlus!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They snipped it all out because it was put there as DLC to begin with.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who wants to friggin game???

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
wake up AoA is the bane of my loving existence

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

wake up AoA is the bane of my loving existence

You caught on though and then wiped me out in 3 straight haha

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I HAVE COME ONLINE

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

I HAVE COME ONLINE

Idk what the hell to do in the corner there, I tried wake up dodging, blocking, anything other than an AoA won't work and now that you anticipate it I just get caught in the corner and hosed on

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Idk what the hell to do in the corner there, I tried wake up dodging, blocking, anything other than an AoA won't work and now that you anticipate it I just get caught in the corner and hosed on

The one thing I really feel I'm good at in fighting games is reading someone after I get a second knockdown, and the part I struggle with is getting to that point in the first place.

I should probably play rushdown characters :v:

Try neutral jumping occasionally. Staying on the ground makes it easier for me to grapple you to death, but random neutral jumps gently caress me up.

edit:I don't know if I'm actually doing Kanji's real wake up game, but the way I see him if I think you'd gonna stay on the ground I have three options. I can attempt to meaty EX throw if I think you're gonna hit a button or block, DP if I think you're gonna hit a button or roll, and try to hitconfirm off one meaty A if I think you're gonna hit a button or AoA. DP seems to cover AoA against labrys, which makes this whole thing evne easier.. Conversely, I have to predict a neutral jump specifically or get owned. My options for that also don't cover other bases like my ground options do.

I might be playing Kanji wrong and this might get you owned by other players, though :shrug:

Pomp fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 1, 2014

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That makes sense. Part of the problem is that I only recently bought a stick for the first time. It helped a ton getting moves to come out over the old PS3 controller I was using but it hosed up my jump ability, and Labrys lives in that air dash state, so I need to get better at that

practice makes perfect I suppose

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dear lord, when I first got a stick my jumps went to poo poo. I had so much trouble with IAD's and not neutral jumping all the time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's seriously miserable. But I think the stick overall is gonna help, as long as I play a lot with it. I like it a lot more than playing with a pad

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Wait, are people fighting? I'm jumping online.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was but now I'm too drunk so I'm playing metal gear solid 3.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Is there a mode where you just continue to play one person over and over other than a private room? Tired of having to do ranked while I practice and lobby matches disconnect after one too

Chaotic Flame fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 4, 2014

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

You can always play with one of us, granted we have a decent connection.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I don't know if I'm good enough. :ohdear:

I'm still just trying to get used Yukiko's gameplan.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
If any Europeans are interested in picking up the game but haven't already done so, I'm willing to pitch in 15EURO if you order from Rice Digital and send me the t-shirt :v:

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Got some time, so I'm hanging out online tonight. Fight me!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Margaret v Kanji is the most painful matchup as a grappler I've ever played outside of Hugo. The spear and fullscreen low make all of your anti-zoning tools an outright stupid idea to use, so approaching from the ground is impossible without prescient rolls. Once you do get in, if she tags you with anything you're back at fullscreen.

edit:ggs i got really salty really fast after I got a loving charge instead of air throw, and then my next air throw threaded the loving needle

I can normally command throw overheads on reaction but I couldn't do it loving once tonight I want to die

Pomp fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Sorry Pomp, that was really late for me so I went to bed right after we got done fighting. Ggs. Wasn't sure if you wanted to keep trying the Margaret match or not, so I decided to try some of my other characters.

• Locked thread