Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Vampire and Werewolves and the Girl They Love
Twilight-ish Not-Mafia

Look at this girl. Look at her! You all love her. Well, almost all of you. Bella is the best, the perfect woman, and if she were to *gasp* die, so would almost all of you immortal beasts. You have two goals in unlife; win Bella's heart and destroy your worst personal rival. Do either of these, and you win. Fail to do either, and you lose.

This is not a game of Mafia. This is not balanced. This was built in 20 minutes from the ground up, and will hopefully be hilarious to play in but will not be the usual Mafia experience. You've been warned.

Rules
  • Don't be a dick. Don't try to play outside of the usual Mafia rules: no TOXXing, no Truth or Dare, the usual. No talking OOC unless permitted by your actions.
  • There will be 24 hour days and 24 hour nights (roughly), during which you may take any actions you have available. You'll also vote every day for one person to protect at night; the election is plurality, and in the event of a tie the protected person will be whomever got their last active vote first.
  • If Bella dies, the game is over. If Bella publicly proclaims her love in the thread for any other player, that player wins and the game runs for one final day/night cycle.
  • Bella has special powers and win conditions.
  • You are being hunted, shitheads; giving away your identity might be a bad idea. Even Bella.
  • Stakes kill vampires, silver bullets kill werewolves, both kill Bella.
  • Bella and her hunter have different win conditions from the rest of you. Those conditions are hidden.
  • As long as Bella is in the game, dead/removed players identities will not be revealed publicly.
The game is for 10 players, first come, first served. Game will start when we have ten sign-ups.

*Note: I've never read or watched Twilight, my knowledge of it is all based on stupid Team Edward/Team Jacob BK commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Player List
  1. CapitalistPig
  2. EccoRaven
  3. Ernie.
  4. Hal Incandenza
  5. JakeP
  6. Meinberg
  7. MildManeredManikin
  8. mr.capps
  9. Pinterest Mom
  10. uranus

Votefinder

:siren: REMEMBER YOU'RE VOTING FOR SOMEONE TO BE PROTECTED AT NIGHT, AND IT'S PLURALITY! :siren:

Byers2142 fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 26, 2014

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

mr.capps posted:

am i in this game

You are now, if you want. God have mercy on you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

i really, really hope there is no mechanic to stop bella from dying n1

the best possible ending for this game is that it crashes and burns and everyone laughs at it

There is not. it's still possible for some people to win in that case, but if it happens it will be hilarious.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

There's one more slot available with Ecco and MMM in; I'm still writing the roles, but once the final sign-up happens and the roles are written, the trainwreck game will be under way.

mafia edit: Hal's our tenth!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

We're not even started yet, assholes!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I'm not reading that poo poo. Role PMs are going out now, day will open as soon as I reset VoteFinder because of you fucks!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

:siren: Day One has begun! :siren:

In fiction, there are few greater Gothic monsters than the vampires and the werewolf. but in recent times, these monsters have become anti-heroes, and now all pine for hot young virgins not for blood, but for love and understanding.

You are here to allow these new, 21st century misunderstood monsters to find love with a fair maiden, and if you all die horribly doing it the world will be a better place. But first, who will you protect from the killing tonight?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

:siren: Mod screw-up number one! :siren:

Many of you have powers that offer you one of several options. Unless specified, the option chosen is random, but will never repeat. Please let me know if you have question about that, I should have been clearer but rushed the role PM writing.

Carry on!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

JakeP posted:

Byers how do i profess my love to ecco, and will i get mod killed for faking day action
???

I will not modkill for fake day actions. How old are you, that you don't know how to tell someone you love them?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

:siren: Mod Note :siren:

I'm going to be gone for a few hours, don't expect fast response to PMs!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

##stake Pig

:cool: thanks.

Nothing happens.

:siren: Mod Note :siren:

Don't feel obligated to quit posting because of day actions, until I resolve assume they are pending. Day actions will resolve in order to avoid retaliatory attacks.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

:siren: Mod Screw-Up Number Two :siren:

I built the vote to be a plurality, not expecting you all to ever reach a majority. You fuckers surprised me again!

So, the voting is now and forever more majority and ends the day, unless it reaches deadline and then it becomes plurality as stated in the rules.

As the day came to a close, it was decided that one person, Ecco, would be safe from harm for the night. And as the moon rose into the night sky, the monsters hunted, for each other and for the woman that they almost universally loved.

:siren: Day One is over, Ecco is protected.

Night One has begun, submit your night actions. Day Two will start in 24 hours or when all actions are in. :siren:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Also, the thread will stay open. The thread will always be open.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

As a hush falls over the thread and the monsters of the night silently stalk their prey, they are told that night actions, unlike day actions, resolve at the same time. It's possible to be killed by the person you kill.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

uranus posted:

put in your actions already you dingbats i want blood

And you will have it! All actions are in, I just need to figure out what the hell just happened.

Preview: I did not prepare for this possibility.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

The Aftermath: Part One

Horatio Caine walked into the crime scene. "Ok, what have we got?"

A hot woman whose name I won't bother to look up but you know her, she's always on these shows, shook her head sadly. "This one's... bad, Caine. I've never seen anything like this." She pulls a notepad out and reads the details. "Woman who lives here, someone named Bella, called this is. We're testing her for narcotics, because the story she told us is that a binch of werewolves and vampires stormed into her house, all claiming to love her, and then tore each other apart. Literally, in one case." The hot woman pointed Caine into the kitchen. "First body's in there."

The game is over! There is one, and only one winner. Let's walk through the fate of the player's shall we?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

The Aftermath: Part Two

Caine reached the first body. Part of it, at least. There was a torso on the ground, two stakes driven into it, but the rest was in pieces all over. "Someone talk to me."

"This was the first victim, an Edward Cullen. He put up a fight; all of them did." Hot woman pointed at the gun in his hand, then at a blood splatter on the far wall. "Got off one shot, hit someone, but it's not one of our victims.

"He, in turn, had multiple stakes driven directly into his heart, then just to be sure was torn limb from limb. Angle of the stakes suggests that two separate people drove them in, and one of them is likely in the next room. The man who tore Mr. Cullen apart is upstairs, also dead, and he did it with his bare hands."

Caine nodded briefly, taking it all in. "The next room, you say?" He walked on.

Hal (Edward) was killed by MMM, staked by uranus, and staked by JakeP. He has lost the game.

Hal shot Meinberg with a silver bullet. It had no effect.

Byers2142 fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 27, 2014

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

The Aftermath: Part Three

In the next room, Caine crouched down beside a young man with a bullet hole in his back and a gaping hole in his front. Across the room lay another body, bullet hole in the head and revolver laying next to him. Under him was a battered suitcase, engraved R. Lupin. "Murder-suicide?"

"No. The young man here, Jacob based on his stenciled underwear, his name is Jacob. that hole in his chest looks to be another stake to the heart, but it happened in the kitchen, not here. The bullet's what killed him, fired by Mr. Lupin over there. Lupin himself was shot at close range by another man, large based on his boots, who then fled the scene."

Caine siad, "I'll admit, it's a bit unusual, but this doesn't seem that strange compared to our other cases..."

"We're not done, Caine. This is just the first floor."

uranus (Jacob) was staked by CPig to no effect and shot by Ernie with a silver bullet, killing him. He loses!

Ernie (Lupin) was shot by capps with a silver bullet and killed. He loses!

capps (Greyback) has survived the night after killing Lupin, and achieved his win condition to survive Lupin's death!

Byers2142 fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 27, 2014

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

The Aftermath: Part Four

The final body was draped over the bannister at the top of the stepps. In his hands were still chunks he'd ripped out of Edward.

"This is James, Caine. as far as we can tell, he tore apart Edward downstairs, then he and at least three others, including the man Edward shot, came upstairs where, according to Bella, they all proclaimed they were her one, true soulmate and should be with her forever and always. When Bella called the police, they all fled, but not before someone put yet another stake into this man and left him here."

Caine nodded again, taking in this last scene. "It's obvious what happened," he said.

"Really?"

"Yes." On with the sunglasses. "Something awful."

MMM (James) was staked by PMom. As Bella is still alive, he loses!

EccoRaven (Bella) has lost her two true loves, and can not win the game, so loses by default.

The game has reached it's expected trainwreck end with PMom (Louis), CPig (Lestat) Meinberg (Viktor), and JakeP (Selene) not meeting their win condition, so they, too, lose.

Byers2142 fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 27, 2014

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Setup Doc

I had considered what would happen if Bella died or won, but not if it became unwinnable for her. When you managed to kill all of the actual Twilight characters except her, I judged it should be treated like a Bella death.

So, I hope you had a little fun, this ended up being exactly as unbalanced as I said and I'm sure you all expected.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

capps is extremely good at mafia!

capps is a lucky son of a bitch is what he is. He fired blind!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

he didn't

when i tried my best to impersonate voldemort is when he knew i was lupin

poo poo, that's right, I forgot some of y'all were sharing your results openly.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

if for a single second i believed i was being hunted by greyback just like he was being hunted by me, i would've killed capps but i was stupid

Literally a twenty minute set-up, pairing everyone off was easier than doing a round robin, which I started to do but was distracted by the conference call I was on.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

mr.capps posted:

I assumed ernie was my target as soon as he was outed as a harry potter character, I guessed there wouldn't be more than 2 harry potter characters.

Yeah, I got lazy. There were four from Twilight, and a pair from each of the other three.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

mr.capps posted:

This was fun.

It would be interesting to see this as a round robin, but have bella and the hunter of bella left out of round robin. Keep the mechanic where you can "profess your love" but bella has to hit their own hunter to win, and the hunter still has to kill bella and will lose if hit by that power.

I think it needs more players as well, to absorb the night kills.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

You really did get killed a lot.

This was fun~

I wonder what happens if we all have full OoT communication?

Next time, you will. Especially with Ecco's mass mailings...

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Why didn't eccos kill work on me?

Bella didn't have any killing powers.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

So he faked the action, gosh darn it.lol

Yep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Next game will be next week, 14 players, round robin kill circles, full OOT communication, and few more bips and bobs.

I'm actually going to try on this next set-up, especially since I'm struggling with my other game's set-up.

• Locked thread