Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
This game is pretty great, a few sections later on are very irritating but otherwise it's still a lot of fun.

Also, good drinking game: each time Kratos yells at the top of his lungs when speaking in an indoor voice would have been fine, take a shot.

Or each time he does something pointlessly, needlessly cruel or otherwise acts like an enormous rear end in a top hat, take a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

kalonZombie posted:

Yeah that's something I never got about Hades. Out of the big three, he was easily the most laid back and chill. He had a job, was loyal to his wife (even if she didn't like him that much), and was pretty much content to let bygones be bygones most of the time. He was pretty reasonable, too, usually granting most requests that weren't out of hand (like lending Cerberus to Hercules for his final task). Most modern depictions show him as a bad guy, the baddest guy, because he rules Hell and therefore MUST be evil, right guys?

He doesn't rule Hell (as a Christian would think it) though does he? He rules Hades which is different to hell. Hades was where you went after you died to be judged and either went to Elysium (Heaven) or Tartarus which is closer to the Christian idea of hell (i.e. a place of eternal torment).

Hades himself was pretty neutral in loving around with the lives of mortals, certainly compared to Zeus who was a giant rear end in a top hat.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

kalonZombie posted:

Definitely at least Chains of Olypmus too. They reference it here and there in 3.

They tease Ghost of Sparta related stuff in 3 as well I seem to remember. It has some cool Greek Mythological characters too.

Speaking of Sparta, will you be talking about the city state of Sparta in your educational segments? It was pretty interesting place.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Are you talking about the pain-in-the-rear end climb, or the pain-in-the-rear end block-pushing bit?

I only played the HD collection so I don't know if they were better or worse then the PS2 release, but they were both responsible for a lot angry shouting in my house.

Also, the 2 pain-in-the-rear end balance beam bits. The worst thing is if you die multiple times at those bits the game will (incredibly insultingly) offer you to switch to easy...which won't help make those sections any easier at all. :kratos: :kratos:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I'm pretty sure you can actually break the Grinder at the end of the conveyor belt, makes that pushing section a little bit easier.

This game actually came out in 2005 too according to Wikipedia and God of War 2 was 2007 when the PS2 was last-gen. I remember a few reviews commenting it actually looked (and played) better then the PS3 games available at the time.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Sormus posted:

Out of all the things in that video that bug me, the skeleton key bugs me the most.

Ripping off the skeleton's skull clearly opened the doorway, but the bodies in the hallway means someone has already passed the sarcophagus earlier. Somehow this magical skeleton man keeps growing a new head and closing its own casket.

I figured the decayed dude burning the bodies at the entrance is responsible for resetting all the traps and putting the keys back along with mopping the floors and feeding the minotaurs (or whatever else it is he does).

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
That conveyor belt/crusher room is a huge pain in the arse, despite all the enemies being incredibly non-threatening in any other circumstance.

It's nothing compared to what's going to be in the next video though. :kratos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I always found the rotating climbing section was annoying because the hit detection always felt weird, like Kratos would just be close to the flat part of the blade and it would count it as hit and you'd fall allllll the way down.

I got the gold trophy first time though, although I most definitely got hit many, many times. Not gonna complain though.

• Locked thread