Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
So when you say future game, do you mean you'll be lping everything, or 1-3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Smornstein posted:

For whatever reason i was super hyped about that game back in highschool and got it day 1 and oh man was that game ever awful. There was no reason at all to ever put more than a few points into the melee tree because ranged was super broken and spammable, which is kind of the opposite of GoW from what i can remember because ranged is usually bad and/or very situational.

Ranged in GoW is amazingly powerful and works on basically everything, the problem is it is limited. In DI, you had an infinte ammo, long ranged shotgun that did decent to very good damage, and higher levels had a homing feature, all of that on the same path that gave you more HP. I also remember it giving you a short ranged shockwave that repelled nearby enemies, so you could use the ranged attack in safety...

(If I am remembering right) In God of war, you can kill a lot of things with a full volley of lightning bolts (all of your mana) which takes maybe... 5 or 6 seconds to burn away. It is way faster and stronger than the swords for dealing with say, a cyclops, but it also costs all of your mana. If you had infinite mana, the bolts would probably be the only thing you need in the game... maybe the dodge roll too, but that's questionable?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Night10194 posted:

So...does Kratos ever accept the slightest shred of responsibility for any of his actions?

In this game? No.

On camera? ...No.

At some point in the undefined future? It is implied...?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I wonder how much of the mechanics/scenery was edited last minute to justify the ending sequence.

Was that one sword bridge always a sword?
Was the portal to olympus always there, or is that part of their ending sequence?
Is the Blade of Artemis really just there to give you Practice for the dumb swordbridge sword?

And yet, Kratos sees death, and by extension suicide as a relief from his nightmares, Despite the fact that he literally died in the game's plot and then crawled out of hades. Like... does that death not count? If he just wants the nightmares to stop, couldn't he have just stayed dead? Or did he think he could have his cake and eat it too if he broke out?

I mean, it's shown that when he died he was still conscious, so wouldn't he then have nightmares in hades?

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 19, 2014

• Locked thread