Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strong bird
May 12, 2009

Can dogs eat sauerkraut? My dog looks like he wants some of my sauerkraut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Yep no problem, we give ours saurkraut when they ask. It usually results in dog regret faces.

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
I do not see any reason why a dog could not chew and swallow sauerkraut.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
I would assume if they can eat pickles they can eat sauerkraut.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Yep no problem, we give ours saurkraut when they ask. It usually results in dog regret faces.
My favourite thing is when my dog begs me for something that I'm eating, I share it, he spits it out and looks at me reproachfully, then he goes straight back to begging. They're beautiful creatures but they're not very rational.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Avshalom posted:

My favourite thing is when my dog begs me for something that I'm eating, I share it, he spits it out and looks at me reproachfully, then he goes straight back to begging. They're beautiful creatures but they're not very rational.

Well perhaps the next bite will be more appropriately dog flavored. Don't you know that? Gosh.

Slightly Used Cake
Oct 21, 2010
Mine actually quite enjoys sauerkraut. But this is also the dog that will violently demand any kind of fish or seafood. I think sh might be confused about what she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Avshalom posted:

I can't imagine my dog spitting out anything resembling food.

• Locked thread