Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

YF19pilot posted:

That's a serious red flag and really should be a suable issue. Insofar as my limited knowledge goes, in creative fields you submit a portfolio, or at most demonstrate working knowledge of the software/tools, but not actually produce a meaningful product. I take it these guys are in the US and someone needs to run their asses up the AG's flagpole and soon!

McDonalds does this all the time. Before you get hired in they have you do an On Job Evaluation which can be anywhere from 1 to 8 hours of work. When I worked there in high school it was quite common for the parents of 16 year old kids to come in and go "what do you mean my kid isn't getting money for those 16 hours?" And it would become a scene and they'd have to make phone calls and it took about an hour before the kid got paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

albany academy posted:

Scrunt scrunt scrunt

Now imagine if goons think just the word scrunt is the pinnacle of comedy what the rest of the internet will be like with the word.

Let's pray it never gets into the wild.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'll thumbnail it because I'm phone posting and don't know if it I'll break tables. Probably not though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

Yo it's interesting to talk about Nazi wargamers, but unless you have images, can you please go and have this chat in the historicals thre-

this owns actually

This is wonderful.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

LordAba posted:

After the trygon was released, but before the model for the tervigon we had a tournament where one person brought 3 trygon. All were cut in half and glued to the base... and that is it. There was no effort put in to make it look like they were bursting out of the ground. It was done for the sole purpose of limiting line of sight to it.

Is that how line of sight works in 40k? They base it off the model not the base size? Weird.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HiveCommander posted:

I don't know how people can tolerate only playing with a so-close-to-zero-effort 3 colour army, it ain't hard to have a bit of pride with stuff!
I do like the idea of a newbie painting thread though, I'm a pretty decent painter and even I get a little daunted by the megathread.

I've played a laundry list of games and the closest I came to painted was a primed army. I play because I find miniature games more enjoyable than card games. I'd be okay with prepainted and plastic if those games were as fun as the ones that require assembly.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

head58 posted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasslefree-painted-miniature-cute-sexy-Female-Harem-Girl-in-Lingerie-/400808935874?pt=Games_US&hash=item5d521301c2
Anybody looking for a cute sexy harem girl in lingerie? How about one that looks like Steven Tyler? For only $95 this beauty could be yours!

This eBay seller has tons of other figs in the same vein if you have tons of money and no taste/soul.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/400777744097?nav=SEARCH please tell me that isn't an actual miniature and is instead something the guy modified.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

rkajdi posted:

It is converted-- It doesn't have the rape tentacle still attached.

Jesus Christ. Is that better or worse?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rulebook Heavily posted:

The answer is to have TG goons recreate the Scrunt in creative ways. Just have a Scrunt thread.

Please no. The GBS Warham thread was fun when it was posting ridiculous Warham lore and rules but then it slowly descended into people just posting the word "Scrunt" and "rattle" over and over and over.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I like the Butcher scheme.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

YF19pilot posted:

"pro painted"

I love this. I'm giggling like a 13 year old who just learned a new dirty word.

Adding myself to the 13 year old crew. That is amazing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

If only that figure would ever see a table. I can only imagine the rage it would inspire if you put it on a table across from a Warham guy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Exinos posted:

Fuckers keep posting in the wrong thread.

It unspires me from painting ever because I could literally never be that good. So I guess that's kind of the right thread?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What the hell is going on here? :nws: https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/torku-bone-aberrant-1.html :nws:

"You know, this bone demon thing is pretty vicious but it's missing something..."

http://www.mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_ysn_kys_mbs_501_000 Why is it so much more on coolminiornot?

Edit: Tits just seem to be a thing with that mini line? http://www.mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=cat&cre=dkl-ysn-kys

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Again. Amazing.

I worry about humanity sometimes. Not being able to see how a coke can with boars for feet is beautiful.

Is that a legal model? I can never tell with Warhams what is/isn't legal. I would certainly play against it. That guy probably isn't a terrible rules lawyer.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

thespaceinvader posted:

Eh, I'm sure he's not actually wearing the rest of the armour and can just climb out of the inside.The hatch is purely decorative, the power armour is the actual viewport.

Underneath the helmet isn't a Marine it's just an orc. The ultimate looted stealth tank.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

If Dawn of War 2 taught me anything it's that he now has enough bonuses to one shot literally anything.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

PinheadSlim posted:

I haven't bought anything WH40K related in months but felt like searching ebay for Space Marines by the auctions ending soonest. Not sure what it is I found.

All I remember is it cost too much.

A space marine riding a necron horse?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

That Commissar could make a bitchin' pirate mini.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ro5s posted:

"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, drat you! God drat you all to hell!"

*camera pans to Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition*

Why did Fantasy seem to have an actual story while 40k is kind of deadlocked right where it is and has been for years?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Renfield posted:

It's going to be a standalone board-game, like the Assassins one, with minis that are usable in 30/40k

And it'll be limited edition, like Space Hulk

I like how with Space Hulk you could tell people were buying it just for the minis. Back with the release in 09(?) I tried to find a copy and eBay was loaded with miniatureless copies for $40-50.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What miniature games are on this scale? Because I want to proxy a Freddie in for something.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is there a website that shows 40k models through the years? Like it would be cool to see the squads side by side from Rogue Trader on up to now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Helen Highwater posted:

Space Fleet. Released in 1991. To roll to hit you had to throw your dice into the box lid which had a square grid printed on the inside. Any dice that landed in the middle square were a hit. Any that landed in the middle and rolled a 6 were criticals.

Not gonna lie that sounds like a pretty quick combat system I would try.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Uploading to imgur is a pain on my phone but this is cool as poo poo.

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2055/tumblr_lf83sfuNJ01qb1jdeo1_500.jpg

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Somewhere I still have some poorly assembled Koralon guys. 16 year old me got talked into buying UW stuff. Thankfully it was just a starter box because that games rules never clicked with me.

It's a smaller scale version of Void which has dinosaur artillery though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=59_63&sort=20a&page=5

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

How much was that old titan? Now they cost just a ridiculous amount t of money but did they always? Also are they worth the money in game? Like is a titan any good?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I like the low budget look of these things. If I could actually afford to play a mini game I would be so down to buy them.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

JcDent posted:

Guy playtesting his Russo-Japanese war ruleset.

That's brilliant. Reminds me of my impromptu terrain from when I lived in the dorms. I rolled up index cards and colored them brown. Then stuck a ball of green paper on top for trees. My water was just blue paper with two shades of blue for deep/shallow. It was fantastic.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Atlas Hugged posted:

I think people forget the humble roots of the game sometimes and don't realize that this is all a kid needs to have fun. Yes, there's something to be said for a nicely modeled table with realistic terrain and buildings, but some toilet paper tubes and a couple of pieces of foam board are all you need to get going.

Hell I'm 26 and still don't require much. Last time I played a miniature game we used books as terrain.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I want to hope they make pony figs to piss off the grogs on the other side of the table. But we all know that's not why.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

berzerkmonkey posted:

Wargaming Terrain Board : Lava Lake Warhammer/ D&D/ LOTR
$75 starting / $100 Buy It Now / $30 shipping

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:LAVA LAKE!:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

There's nothing inherently wrong with that terrain. Except goddamn there's no way there's $75 worth of time/materials there. Dude bought some foam squares from Five Below and dropped some foam chunks on it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Frobbe posted:

IT CAME FROM FACEBOOK

DREADKNIGHT AND KNIGHT CARRIER!

Let's put the pilot on the most exposed bit of the giant walking tank!

If only there was a way to make the model even bigger that way you had a marine piloting a powersuit that just slots into a titan.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

JcDent posted:

Hrud are poo poo and will always be poo poo.

I feel like that's against the codex. Ultramarines would never do that! :goonsay:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Neat idea though. They're already space Egyptians so he made it more pyramidy.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Frobbe posted:

FORWARD MY NOBLE STEED, UNTO BATTLE!

Owns.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I read that as scrunt board and was sad when it wasn't terrain

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

If I wanted to start learning to paint minis on the cheap how would I go about doing it? Start with lovely plastic toy soldiers? I want to get back into the miniature hobby and I've never actually painted anything I own and I want to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I placed an order for some brushes and found some of my old Urban War and Starship Troopers guys. I'm going to get the P3 faction sets from a friend who bought them and never opened them. Hopefully sometime next week I'll have something to post in this thread.