Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Haifisch posted:

There's a holiday special up! Go read it!

This turned my bad day into a good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Haifisch posted:

awwwww :unsmith: but also :smith:

Is "Please forgive me" going to start in 2018?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Haifisch posted:

just inject that poo poo straight into my veins.

i like how when he threw the bike or told abby about marrying tubsy you see shining circles on his head, as his end self influences the present pasquelo.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Dec 1, 2017

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That ruled.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

drat I missed these idiots

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Full Screen :allears:

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is "Please forgive me" going to start in 2018?

Yes! I'm almost finished the 4th PFM comic. Our plan is to build up a decent buffer before we launch officially.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Gobolatula posted:

Yes! I'm almost finished the 4th PFM comic. Our plan is to build up a decent buffer before we launch officially.

Can we have a teaser doodle?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

There Bias Two posted:

Can we have a teaser doodle?

Buy a book and request one for your sketch.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hellsau posted:

Good idea!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
That was really good. Nice work Gob!

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Hellsau posted:

hahaha! Nice. Nice.
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/910301386985816064
Here are some pictures I twote a little while back.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I missed this dumb comic so much!

E: just noticed yellow shining in some panels. Masterful as always.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 1, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was like "Hey, when Ally is sad doesn't Pasqualo turn into a giant raging blob of tears and poo poo" and then whoop, there you go. :v:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm a little confused but it was sweet.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm a little confused but it was sweet.

My interpretation was that before the prior universe and pasq vanished he remembered a really horrible day in Allison's life he wished he could have made better but old pasq probably made worse with his own depression and crying, so his final act was to go back and do what he wished he had done that day. And the end he gets a glimpse of that new universe with Aurora replacing his existence and sees that Allison will be happy in that universe too.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I've been having a rough week and this silly stupid sweet comic got me to cry so thanks Gob and co. :glomp:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I didn't get the Chinese server's coke joke. But it was great to see these adorable morons again. :3:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Cat Mattress posted:

I didn't get the Chinese server's coke joke. But it was great to see these adorable morons again. :3:

my chinese me play joke me go pee pee in your coke

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Between this and Mob Psycho's update its been a hell of a day for me in terms of getting real teary eyed at comics.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Zerilan posted:

My interpretation was that before the prior universe and pasq vanished he remembered a really horrible day in Allison's life he wished he could have made better but old pasq probably made worse with his own depression and crying, so his final act was to go back and do what he wished he had done that day. And the end he gets a glimpse of that new universe with Aurora replacing his existence and sees that Allison will be happy in that universe too.

That is nicer than my interpretation of "a hallucination Pasq had while rocketing through the universe." I'll go with yours.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

That is nicer than my interpretation of "a hallucination Pasq had while rocketing through the universe." I'll go with yours.

Yeah, the key panel that indicates this happened afterwards is when Pasq sees a glimpse of his cybernetic hand holding the egg.

My interpretation of it all was we were witnessing him re-creating the new universe where pretty much everything was the same, except now Pasq isn't a total blubberpus. He's tweaking and making changes as the day plays out. By the end of the day, he realizes the final thing he needs to do: get rid of himself entirely and have Aurora in his place.

I wonder if the characters will ever talk about this Christmas day event in Please Forgive Me, but their memories will be that it was Aurora-Pasq all along, and not It Hurts Pasq.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I definitely got a "Last Temptation of Christ" vibe from that comic.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Something to start off your new year right.

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/945044098167144448

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Haifisch posted:

i just saw this randomly when remembering about it hurts from talkin about cool webcomics i enjoyed and dang, even this long after it ended this 'lil followup still hits the heart just as hard as the ending
it hurts!! etc.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Before landing her staring role in "It Hurts" Trisssh had a bit part in the Scandinavian comic "Zelda".

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Fun story about that comic, there have been studies into how to make signs that are universal hazard symbols for all humans regardless of culture specifically because of Yucca Mountain and the need for extremely long term (like ten millenia) storage of high level nuclear waste.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Magres posted:

Fun story about that comic, there have been studies into how to make signs that are universal hazard symbols for all humans regardless of culture specifically because of Yucca Mountain and the need for extremely long term (like ten millenia) storage of high level nuclear waste.
And it's difficult because humans are curious, skeptical bastards who might assume the big pile of "DANGER" symbols were just foolish primitives scared of curses or something. Plus anything that stands out draws people to it, like in the comic.

But we can't bury it in a featureless area with no warnings at all because then people might just stumble on it anyway.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

And it's difficult because humans are curious, skeptical bastards who might assume the big pile of "DANGER" symbols were just foolish primitives scared of curses or something. Plus anything that stands out draws people to it, like in the comic.

But we can't bury it in a featureless area with no warnings at all because then people might just stumble on it anyway.

We are assuming that humans won't already have adapted to the heavily irradiated post-nuclear hellscape they'll be living in by the time they find that stuff anyway.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

holy poo poo skulls all over it! there must be pirate treasure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOEqzt36JEM

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
A point someone else raised in previous discussion of this that I hadn't considered is that there's another bad scenario too. If we do our job well enough to convey "lethally dangerous and nearly impossible to tell if it's killing you with its mere presence" and whoever finds it is human, it will take them about ten seconds to go "perfect, let's dig it up and throw it at our enemies!"

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
So basically the most recent (maybe second most by now?) oglaf comic?

Yeah that seems likely.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
https://www.oglaf.com/theodicy/ (this one is SFW, but other pages aren't guaranteed to be)

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy
ITT a beautiful comic makes me cry as I just now find out about the holiday special.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Guys I think Gob might have watched Devilman Crybaby

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/962078932823494656

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ManlyGrunting posted:

Guys I think Gob might have watched Devilman Crybaby

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/962078932823494656

I've never seen Devolman Crybaby, but this poo poo made me laugh out loud for a solid minute.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I've never seen Devolman Crybaby, but this poo poo made me laugh out loud for a solid minute.

It has a sense of humor that is not all that dissimilar to Gob's style.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's a pretty good summary of the first episode, just with less boobs and butts (also less raps.)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
crybabby fuckin rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/962738959439740929