Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mills posted:

Yes he was a manipulative greasy used cars salesman, I get it, why did he not deserve to win? My recollection is that he outplayed like a motherfucker.

Brian absolutely deserved to win, he is however a diagnosable sociopath and psychopath with no empathy whatsoever. This is also why he deserved to win - because he was the best Survivor player ever due to being a sociopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Fair summation.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Unnaceptable. If anybody is going to be doing some defending, it needs to be Kass.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The best part of Thailand is watching Jan burst into tears over and over again because she constantly finds animal corpses everywhere.

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

Poque posted:

The best part of Thailand is watching Jan burst into tears over and over again because she constantly finds animal corpses everywhere.

The funeral for the bat was some really bizarre television.

I can't remember Brian being particularly creepy on the show, but it was very interesting when he got very uncomfortable when people were able to see his wife and home.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Septimius posted:

Holy crap, I forgot about that. Yeah, it was super weird.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I can't think of a worse final four than Thailand. Maybe RI, but at least Special Agent Phil was amusing and some people like Boston Rob, though I can't understand why! They were just wholly unlikeable. I definitely did not give a poo poo who won that season.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

DaisyDanger posted:

I can't think of a worse final four than Thailand. Maybe RI, but at least Special Agent Phil was amusing and some people like Boston Rob, though I can't understand why! They were just wholly unlikeable. I definitely did not give a poo poo who won that season.

Fabio/Chase/Sash/Holly

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

Fabio/Chase/Sash/Holly

I dunno. Wholesale, that season was as lovely as Thailand and had worse strategic moves (barring Shii-Ann's boot), but I didn't find Fabio to be that awful.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Exile sounds like it should work well this time around. Per this Jeff interview (Which, as a warning, looks like there might be some minor spoilers with a BTS vid of their filming):

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/03/survivor-san-juan-del-sur-jeff-probst-redemption-island-exile-island/

So it'll start with the loved ones 1 VS 1 comp. Only loved ones will compete until there aren't anymore essentially, so if you've lost your partner, you won't be able to play. Idol clues are on Exile, idol itself will be back in camp somewhere.

I like it because it mixes together several ideas, and also now includes the 1 VS 1 reward comp which I've always wanted to see. Of course I'd prefer that comp not being loved ones, since I think the angle means there's a higher likelihood the comp will be thrown, but I'll take it for now as a good start.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I don't remember hating Helen, but she was powerless against Brian's manipulation and Jan being pretty stupid.

Didn't hate Holly either, but Fabio winning was kind of the best thing that could have happened to that season. Watching the youtubes of him being a retard with his prize money and co-starring in a scantily-clad homoerotic film was also pretty good.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
Holly wasn't bad but I think she left a bad impression on some due to her early season whining. She ended up pushing through it fairly well.

And I'll always be a Fabio fan for helping end that terrible season on a hilarious note and preventing Chase or Sash from winning.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Septimius posted:

I can't remember Brian being particularly creepy on the show, but it was very interesting when he got very uncomfortable when people were able to see his wife and home.

From what we saw in game play Brian was a pretty normal guy, but as soon as he went to confessionals he treated the other contestants like game pieces and not humans. He got pissed at his home video because his wife was like "look at our new car! Look at our huge mansion!" and he didn't want people to know he was rich because previous seasons had rich people get voted out because they didn't "need the money".

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
Brian is the #1 bestest survivor player and your bad opinions can never change that :colbert:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DaisyDanger posted:

I dunno. Wholesale, that season was as lovely as Thailand and had worse strategic moves (barring Shii-Ann's boot), but I didn't find Fabio to be that awful.

Fabio winning was ok because of all the TMZ videos of him riding around in a limo drunk as poo poo/getting picked up at the police station at 4 am by the same limo with the TMZ paparazi in it.

That money was gone sooooo fast.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
They're advertising John Rocker being on Survivor during the NFL games on Sunday. They threw in a quote about "I just hope I'm not the first boot" so maybe we'll get lucky and he'll be gone in the first episode.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Will anyone be booted in the first episode? I thought there was an Exile Island involved.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Binary Logic posted:

Will anyone be booted in the first episode? I thought there was an Exile Island involved.

No they scraped it last second. They will have loved ones duel's in it's place where the winner gets some kind of reward for his tribe and the loser goes to exile island.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Binary Logic posted:

To clarify, there IS exile, just no redemption.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
This cast looks so bland its hard for me to get excited over this season. Hopefully, like the last two seasons, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Russell Feathers
May 6, 2010
Why does Keith hate loafers? That's a pretty strange peeve to have. Also, I totally thought this was premiering tonight :(

Wiggly
Aug 26, 2000

Number one on the ice, number one in my heart
Fun Shoe

Russell Feathers posted:

Why does Keith hate loafers? That's a pretty strange peeve to have. Also, I totally thought this was premiering tonight :(

Not the shoes, people that loaf.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Wiggly posted:

Not the shoes, people that loaf.

has this been formally clarified?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

We'll figure it out if he starts glaring at contestants wearing slip-on shoes.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Maybe he will fill them with sand, toss them into the ocean, and later confess.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SweetJahasus posted:

To clarify, there IS exile, just no redemption.

It's a different gimmick than Exile and should have been given another, new name.

Listened to Corinne's 3-hour RHAP pre-roast of this season's cast over the course of several long walks yesterday. She's funny and scathing and makes for a good podcast threesome with Rob and Nicole.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

It's a different gimmick than Exile and should have been given another, new name.

I think you're confusing Exile Island with Redemption Island.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

The Lord Bude posted:

I think you're confusing Exile Island with Redemption Island.

I'm confusing previous Exile Island with the new method and version of a person being sent away from the tribe that will take place this season.

For one glaring instance of a difference, apparently they will be taking turns on selecting which person challenges their opposing team partner to a duel. So there will be no more Sugar-ing this season, ie sending the same person back to Exile over and over again.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 21, 2014

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Binary Logic posted:

It's the same as exile island in tocantins. Two people go and there is a clue to the HII back at camp, which one of them gets.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Awful Survivor Season 7 is taking signups now. It's a lot of fun. You should probably play.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666548

Toaster Ding
Apr 30, 2006

I'm 100% rooting for Twinnies with no shame. On the down side, I doubt they'll make it past week two.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Toaster Ding posted:

I'm 100% rooting for Twinnies with no shame. On the down side, I doubt they'll make it past week two.

I am rooting for that too, the second part. Preferably involving hungry crocodiles.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I don't know hardly anything about the Twinnies but seeing the rage they inspire on the Internet is enough to pique my curiosity. I hope they go deep and we get lots of crazy cat ladies frothing at the mouth over it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The twinnies were irritating while competing but fine during talking heads. I think I will enjoy them on Survivor, actually.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
They are really good competitors, but as sisters, they like to yell and cheer each other, loudly, with no regards for anybody else. It's pretty annoying to listen to as a fellow contestant or just a spectator.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
They should cast identical twins who wear the same clothes and during immunity challanges have them gently caress with both sides and switch tribes every challange.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
They did that on Big Brother (sorta).

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Asiina posted:

They did that on Big Brother (sorta).

It was a pretty good twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Oh, hi Survivor...

Took me awhile to find this thread because there wasn't any pithy tagline to make it stand out from the rest of the chucklefuck TVIV thread titles. I'm sure that will change over time as we get this poo poo on the road.

The cast seems pretty diverse and all over the place, so much so that I cannot get a bead as to who will rise to the top. The Twinies need to be eradicated immediately and hopefully the rest of this lot have seen what those two dumbells are capable of and agree that they need to be purged.

For the sake of my eardrums and my sanity make it so.

Ponies: Jon & Jaclyn (edge to Jon if we need a sole pony vote)
Poisons: The Twinnies (may they both fall into a volcano!)

• Locked thread