Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

less laughter posted:

What's Survivor parking

From someone.

"Let me tell you about my experience standing in line with him all night before an open casting call.

I get to the call and there are signs that say "SURVIVOR PARKING". I learn later Dan put these signs up, not the CBS People
I put my name on an official looking sign up sheet, but then I learn it's actually just a sign up sheet Dan Foley made to make the audition process easier *I learn Dan Foley drove to this audition in South Carolina from Maine, and literally travels the US in his RV with his friend to audition"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Juanito posted:

Rupert's latest business venture. It hasn't been as popular as he was hoping.

What crazy lolbertarian thing is he up to that somehow results in this?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

IRQ posted:

What crazy lolbertarian thing is he up to that somehow results in this?

It is a joke about his shelter in All Stars.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The worst part is, I remember being a teenager watching Pearl Islands and...liking Rupert :cripes:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Propaganda Machine posted:

The worst part is, I remember being a teenager watching Pearl Islands and...liking Rupert :cripes:

The shoes thing was a pretty amusing start. Then he had to go screw it all up by being Rupert. It's pretty bad when you're the biggest douchebag on a season that includes Jonny Fairplay.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Rupert remains awesome in the first half of Pearl Islands, even watching it years later. He's a shoe-stealing fish-catching skirt-wearing spear-finding pirate who defeats an alliance of douchebros who do nothing but make fun of him for no reason and also lose his fishing gear. The scene where Burton sits down Rupert to say "Hey, we need to throw the next Immunity Challengeto eliminate your alliance of women because they're going to come after me-- uh, and you too" and Rupert just smiles and nods and then gives a confessional about how Burton is going to be the first to go is incredible.

He does definitely start to lose it in the second half though. I think Burton returning and playing mindgames with him really messed him up.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Given what we know of Rupert now do you really buy that edit? The guy is a colossal tool and utterly unbearable to be around according to pretty much any Survivor that's encountered him and isn't named Sandra. Pretty sure he was just as awful on Pearl Islands as he was in later seasons/all of his interactions outside of the show, they just wanted to tell a different story that time.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
He was an insufferably entitled child on Pearl Islands too.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Smorgasbord posted:

He was an insufferably entitled child on Pearl Islands too.

Rupert is amazing in that he always plays the provider role, he always expects it to save him, and it always leads to him getting voted out.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Apparently the premier for next season is 3 hours long...

Spook
Feb 25, 2002

Silence of the MOTHERFUCKING LAMBS!!

Nexal posted:

Apparently the premier for next season is 3 hours long...

where do you see that?

The spring edition of SURVIVOR (30th edition) will premiere on Wednesday, February 25, with a special 90-minute episode, 8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Spook posted:

where do you see that?

The spring edition of SURVIVOR (30th edition) will premiere on Wednesday, February 25, with a special 90-minute episode, 8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT.

http://www.crossmap.com/news/surviv...g-reveals-15411

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Why yes I will trust a source that can't even get the host's name right

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Rarity posted:

You are right. I lold

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Rarity posted:

I actually read another article earlier today and just skimmed through to find something that confirmed it.
This one has the hosts name right though http://www.crossmap.com/news/survivor-season-30-premiere-date-jeff-probst-reveals-reason-why-worlds-apart-stars-an-all-new-cas-15674 and what's even better it's from the same website :downs:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Maybe they are doing a 90 minute premiere and a 90 minute Thirty Seasons Lookback episode?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nexal posted:

I actually read another article earlier today and just skimmed through to find something that confirmed it.
This one has the hosts name right though http://www.crossmap.com/news/survivor-season-30-premiere-date-jeff-probst-reveals-reason-why-worlds-apart-stars-an-all-new-cas-15674 and what's even better it's from the same website :downs:

I don't think a christian living website is a good source for survivor at all...

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Amazing Race premiere is the same night isn't it?

Rob C hinted at cast release this week on the Mr/Miss Survivor podcast

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Red_Museum posted:

Amazing Race premiere is the same night isn't it?

Rob C hinted at cast release this week on the Mr/Miss Survivor podcast

Who won, anyway? I don't really want to listen through the whole thing but I must know.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

Who won, anyway? I don't really want to listen through the whole thing but I must know.

Podcast was only to announce the rules of the competition and first round of voting.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

It hasn't happened yet but I'm like 90% sure it will be Spencer and Natalie

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

bbf2 posted:

It hasn't happened yet but I'm like 90% sure it will be Spencer and Natalie
I voted Spencer and ummm I think Jefra.

No wait, I chose 3 for each gender so I likely hosed up splitting votes.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Guess which tribe the circus-influenced, gypsy-themed coconut vendor is on?

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNhYj5FHtVo He is on the no collar tribe.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Red_Museum posted:

Guess which tribe the circus-influenced, gypsy-themed coconut vendor is on?

Guess which tribe the law student is on?

Wait...

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

bbf2 posted:

Guess which tribe the law student is on?

Wait...
Trick question.

Is he a Weed Lawyer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
New Season, New Thread!

• Locked thread