Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should this card have been canceled?
This poll is closed.
No way the fighters worked and trained too hard 23 27.71%
Yes I am not paying for this 60 72.29%
Total: 83 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
GRBass
Apr 25, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

The reason is because by the fifth round we've all mentally accepted that the fight is going the distance. Even in these last two TJ Dillashaw fights where he's beating the poo poo out of his opponent for 4 rounds straight, it's still unexpected. And then you have other 5th round stoppages like the Anderson/Chael one that make your mind explode.

Nah setting Soto up for a rematch with TJ anytime soon again would be a waste of time. If Soto got knocked out in 30 seconds there would be an argument that he didn't have a fair fight, but over the 23 minutes of the fight you saw most of his skill and how it stood up to TJ. Not bad, but not outstanding or anything.

I agree but it also sets an important prescedent for the boys willing to step up and be company men, you help out and at least not get humiliated you should go up a few more rungs of the ladder than you normally would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Someone in IRC mentioned Michael McDonald vs Soto and I think that fight would be loving rad.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Assuncao is fighting Caraway in October, even if he wins (which he should) I have a feeling they'll give Cruz the shot if he beats Mizugaki.

which they should. I know Cruz hasn't fought in 20 years and is corny as all hell, but he also never lost the belt and Mizugaki is a solid win.

Basically Cruz vs Dillashaw erases the entire Renan Barao reign from 2011 to 2014 as one weird period of Too Many Urijah Faber Title Shots.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Lloyd Boner posted:

Someone in IRC mentioned Michael McDonald vs Soto and I think that fight would be loving rad.

McDonald's hand is borked and has basically put his career on hold, unfortunately

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
cruz tj would be the best dance off fight we've ever witnessed and regardless of my previous opinions I would also be very down to see that poo poo.
ps. I'd love to see a mortal kombat "finish him" gif of the finish of dillashaw soto plz

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I'm not sad I stayed up for this, it was fun

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

GRBass posted:

cruz tj would be the best dance off fight we've ever witnessed and regardless of my previous opinions I would also be very down to see that poo poo.
ps. I'd love to see a mortal kombat "finish him" gif of the finish of dillashaw soto plz

Soto's standing wobbly pose was taken straight from the game anyhow haha

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

e: someone else can edit in the finish him

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
'nobody has ever been hurt from it' - dana white on weight cutting

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Marching Powder posted:

'nobody has ever been hurt from it' - dana white on weight cutting

Yeah I heard that. Oops.

edit: stockton rules

GRBass
Apr 25, 2008
cept that dude from nova uniao that died that one time.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
fucks sake 'correia do you think looking ehhhh against an unranked fighter makes you the number 1 contender?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Lmao does Ronda really need to call and demand a fight? If she just keeps it up she'll have fought the whole division in 3 years.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bubba Smith posted:

Lmao does Ronda really need to call and demand a fight? If she just keeps it up she'll have fought the whole division in 3 years.

Who else is she supposed to fight? Also, what the hell is Holly Holm doing now that she's signed?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Da Meltz

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

lol at Big John

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

tj's pretty boring when discussing poo poo that i care about hearing about. 'i don't want to pick who i fight next' 'i don't care about trash talk' 'i just like to focus on martial arts' 'i just want to hang out'

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
That went as well as it could have I guess.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
I like TJ and Soto seems likeable as well. Cool fight.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

colonel_korn posted:

lol at Big John

I want more pre and post fight celebrations of this caliber. I think Anderson Silva can help.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Lloyd Boner posted:

e: someone else can edit in the finish him

Soto is a Frank Mir fan.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

tj's pretty boring when discussing poo poo that i care about hearing about. 'i don't want to pick who i fight next' 'i don't care about trash talk' 'i just like to focus on martial arts' 'i just want to hang out'

TJ TJD has studied tape of GSP's brand.

The 177 saga was neat.

Ninja PD fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 31, 2014

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Fun fights, glad I saw it at a friend's house and didn't have to pay full price though.

cream of the clop
Sep 24, 2005

serious duck

colonel_korn posted:

lol at Big John

Brazilian women not named Cyborg are so awesome. Dang.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Soto is better than barao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Back to the UFC thread for today!

• Locked thread