Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[[ Please wait, retrieving information... ]]Welp gently caress.

Can we get roll reveals and stuff then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Thanks for playing everyone - there were a few pretty rough sequences of events in there. I was really surprised Mongol lasted as long as he did, I thought for sure after stealing on his first turn he'd get exiled pretty fast. You were very close to achieving your objective there Mongol and probably would have done so if you had had one more turn.

I hope everyone had some fun along the way. I think with this particular objective it works better to be really aggressively focusing on building barricades early on rather than killing zombies, which creates a much higher risk, but in the end there's only so much you can do anyway if things are stacked against you!

Edit: ^^ Yep, see the previous page

Kerro fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 12, 2014

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Well, that was fun. Thanks everyone.

Good call on vote, Turtlicious.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

The problem with stealing cards is that, from a purely self-serving view, it actually makes sense for a good guy to do it. Mostly because you are both helping your objective and you are helping the communal objective. It will piss off other people, though.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

The logical defense in this case is "I know I'm a good guy, don't know about you, so I should be the one hoarding all the cards". Removing agency from a player doesn't seem a good idea in any kind of game, though.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?
It 's a rough character to have. He really doesn't have anything going for him other than that.

I almost had my exile objective. I just need to clear the wound off Sophie and I would of had it.

It was a pleasure being your betrayer. :)

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

mongol posted:

It 's a rough character to have. He really doesn't have anything going for him other than that.

I almost had my exile objective. I just need to clear the wound off Sophie and I would of had it.

It was a pleasure being your betrayer. :)

you still need one more dude, your leader does not count as a follower.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?

Rumda posted:

you still need one more dude, your leader does not count as a follower.

My exile objective was different. I just needed to heal my wound off Sophie and I had it.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Yeah but that doesn't replace anything for a traitor, just the main objective part for normals.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Are you sure leaders don't count as followers? If that's the case I've been playing a few things wrong in our tabletop game. I thought both leaders and other survivors all counted as followers since they were following you, the player, but I can see it would make sense with the other interpretation.

In any case, it does feel like Gray Beard's ability doesn't really have a place in the game. The justifications for using his ability as a loyal survivor do make sense, but given how hard it is to achieve a lot of the objectives and the limited number of cards you tend to be able to draw per turn, it seems to be a very powerful and potentially disastrous mechanic if you're using it every turn.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Kerro posted:

Are you sure leaders don't count as followers? If that's the case I've been playing a few things wrong in our tabletop game. I thought both leaders and other survivors all counted as followers since they were following you, the player, but I can see it would make sense with the other interpretation.

In any case, it does feel like Gray Beard's ability doesn't really have a place in the game. The justifications for using his ability as a loyal survivor do make sense, but given how hard it is to achieve a lot of the objectives and the limited number of cards you tend to be able to draw per turn, it seems to be a very powerful and potentially disastrous mechanic if you're using it every turn.

I know in the Watch it Played run through Rodney was in the same situation and lost with one follower and the comments didn't call him out on it. I know on the player mats followers are separate from leaders. It would match with other objectives too those where you need one or two of a thing always discount starter items.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Yeah that does make sense, the follower-based objectives always seemed somewhat easy compared to the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Kerro posted:

I think the manual diferenciates between follower and leader, and IIRC there are different spaces for survivor cards in the player's cheatsheets (where you place rolled/used dice).

Are exiled win conditions influenced by Morale? It doesn't seem logical.

• Locked thread