Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?
Use Sophie's ability to look at the top of the School deck

and because I haven't ever had him in my party...

Use Gray Beard's ability to take a card from Rumba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Sophie uses her ability to scout out the school. Card sent!

Gray Beard steals a card from Rumda's hand. Card sent!

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Equip STOLEN Colt 1911 on Gray Beard
Search School Deck (1), and take it and equip it on Sophie
Search again (6)

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Gray Beard equips his ill-gotten gains:

Colt 1911 Pistol Police Station Weapon Equip: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.

Sophie searches the school, and equips the card she finds:

Baseball Bat School Tool Equip: Once per round, when performing an attack with this survivor you may kill 2 zombies instead of 1.

Sophie searches again. Card sent! Keep?

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Noise!

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sophie makes noise at the school. New card sent. Noise?

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Take second card and equip.
Search again (6) and take card regardless.

Add 2 cards to crisis.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sorry for the slow update. I have some fairly major stuff happening at the moment so it could be a little slower for the next 24 hours. Also it might pay to double check that everything seems correct with the colony/location and let me know if I've made any mistakes.

Sophie takes a card
Mongol plays a card (I'm assuming on Sophie?):

Guide to Leadership School Book Equip: Once per round, you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.

Sophie searches again, and takes another card
Mongol plays 2 cards into the crisis

Morale: 4
Rounds: 5
Food: 2
Crisis cards: 5
Waste: 9

Players

Fat Samurai

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Woundedx1
Forest Plum - Mall Santa 14 2 5 Anywhere: At the beginning of your turn you may remove Forest from the game to raise morale by 1. Frostbitex1, Woundedx1
John Price Student 18 3 3 Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Woundedx1
Cards: 2
Dice: 1 1 1 3 6

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3. Frostbitex1
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Frostbitex1
Dice: 2 5 5

Tekopo

Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.
Dice: 5 3 5

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure
Brian Lee - Mayor 68 3 4 Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Cards: 6
Dice: 6 3 6

Mongol

Sophie Robinson - Pilot 58 4 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck.
Equipped: Baseball Bat: Once per round, when performing an attack with this survivor you may kill 2 zombies instead of 1.
Equipped: Guide to Leadership: Once per round, you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand.
Equipped: Colt 1911 Pistol: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.
Cards: 3
Dice: 1 6 6

Action queue: Fat Samurai's turn

At the start of Fat Samurai's turn, Forest Plum takes 1 wound from frostbite.

Kerro fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 6, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Rumda, moving to the hospital is kind of dangerous, you know, especially since you didn't kill a zombie while at it.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Kerro, I just sent you a PM about the card I just searched for.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I couldn't find it in the rules, is card trading ok between players?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Turtlicious posted:

I couldn't find it in the rules, is card trading ok between players?

It can only be done by requesting or handing off equipment.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Mongol retrospectively adds one additional card to the crisis.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Use Bad Santa skill, make him disappear and gain 1 morale.
Use the 3 to search the grocery store with the Farmer.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

drat sorry, I'd typed up a reply but must not have hit submit. Trying again:

Forest Plum heads out into the snow. He may be some time. Morale increases by 1
Andrew searches at the grocery store. 2 cards sent! Keep or make noise?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I cannot risk any more zombies. Keep

Play food card into the pile.
Use the 6 to search for cards in the Grocery Store (use the student ability to mimic the farmer)

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Fat Samurai plays a card:

Food 1 Grocery Store Food Waste Pile: Add 1 food token to the food supply

1 food added to the supply

John searches the grocery store, using Andrew's ability. Cards sent. Keep? (I'm guessing yes, but just in case you've changed your mind about risking zombies)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Keep, not much else to do unless I want to be overrun.

Good news is that I can help quite a bit on the next crisis. Bad news is that I don't have any more food.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

You still have 3 action dice to use, as well as Ashley's barricade action if you wish.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I know, I wanted to see what the survivor card would bring.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

In any case, I doubt I can do much with 3 1s, so here are my provisional, and probably definitive orders:

Use a die to build a barricade on the grocery store
Use a die to clean waste at the colony
Use a die and the Constructer Worker skill to build barricades at entrances 4 and 6 of the Colony.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Oh right, didn't realise you wanted to play it. No worries.

Fat Samurai plays a card

2 Outsiders Grocery Store Outsiders Event: Add the top card of the survivor deck to your following and place their matching standee at the colony. Add 1 helpless survivor token to the colony.

Sparky the Stunt Dog joins Fat Samurai's following!

Sparky - Stunt Dog 10 2 2 Anywhere: When rolling for exposure with Sparky, if you foll a bite treat it as if you rolled a wound. When spreading a bite effect, ignore Sparky.

Andrew builds a barricade at the grocery store
Ashley cleans waste at the colony
Ashley uses one die and her ability to build barricades at 4 and 6 at the colony

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Morale: 5
Rounds: 5
Food: 3
Crisis cards: 5
Waste: 7

Players

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3. Frostbitex1, Woundedx1
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Frostbitex1, Woundedx1
Dice: 2 5 5

Tekopo

Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.
Dice: 5 3 5

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure
Brian Lee - Mayor 68 3 4 Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Cards: 6
Dice: 6 3 6

Mongol

Sophie Robinson - Pilot 58 4 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck.
Equipped: Baseball Bat: Once per round, when performing an attack with this survivor you may kill 2 zombies instead of 1.
Equipped: Guide to Leadership: Once per round, you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand.
Equipped: Colt 1911 Pistol: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.
Cards: 3
Dice: 1 6 6

Fat Samurai

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Woundedx1
Sparky - Stunt Dog 10 2 2 Anywhere: When rolling for exposure with Sparky, if you foll a bite treat it as if you rolled a wound. When spreading a bite effect, ignore Sparky.
John Price Student 18 3 3 Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Woundedx1
Cards: 4
Dice: 1 1 1 3 6

Action queue: Turtlicious' turn

Kerro fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 9, 2014

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Wait, can I keep survivors cards around? I thought they were played automatically. Am I carrying them around in a pokeball or something?

On the other hand, doggie! :3:

Kerro posted:

Also, this is not happening anymore.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Guys we need 6 food atm.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Guys we need 6 food atm.

Regarding this, can I move the Wonder Dog out of the colony the same turn I got him, Kerro?

If so, send Sparky to the Library. If Turtilicious moves one of his guys out of the Colony we'll need 1 food less.

I've only got 1 food out of the grocery store deck, most of the remaining cards should be food, but if someone comes here he MUST kill a zombie.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 8, 2014

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Yes, all cards that you gain can be played immediately or kept in hand to be played at a later date.

You can move survivors on the same turn you gain them. However, you don't get extra dice until the following round, and similarly if you lose a survivor during a turn (as you did with Forest) you don't lose any of your dice.

Sparky moves to the Library. Sparky receives one wound from exposure!

Action queue: Turtlicious' turn

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Kerro posted:

Sparky moves to the Library. Sparky receives one wound from exposure!

Sparky :(

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Aww poor doggy.
If he dies that's an exile worthy offense.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Rumda posted:

Aww poor doggy.
If he dies that's an exile worthy offense.

From now on, my victory condition includes Sparky surviving.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
E: :blush:

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 8, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

That's a lot of negativity for a board game :v:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ooops.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok,

Then I'll do an Item Request: Buddy Davis needs medicine
Daniel Smith - Sheriff takes his 5 and kill 2 zombies at entrance 6
Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer takes his 5 and kills a zombie at entrance 5
Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer barricades 5

I'll play 1 card into the Crisis Bin

The way I understand Item Requests (I just re-watched the rule video) is that people can give me items I request for, but I have to use them immediately.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 9, 2014

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Ah I should have updated this before sorry - at the start of your turn, both Daniel and Buddy take 1 wound from frostbite. That means that Daniel at least is 1 wound away from death. Do you want to request/play medicine cards before attacking zombies since the chance of death from that is 50/50?

Also you're correct about requests, they must be played immediately.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Just to be clear for everyone since it hasn't come up before, Turtlicious is requesting medicine cards during his turn. Any other player may choose to give him one or more cards from their hand that match the requested type, and if they do so Turtlicious must play them immediately. Please post in thread if you do/don't want to give cards so we can keep things moving if no-one has any to give or does not wish to.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I can't Help

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Pass 2 medicine cards Could you update our hands, Kerro?

gently caress frostbite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Sorry can't help.

• Locked thread