Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
More noise is made. Sparky can't stop revving the engine waiting for a decision. Another card sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Take the fuel.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I know what card is next, take the fuel.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
John makes some more noise at the grocery store. Card sent!

Fat Samurai to choose cards to keep and other free actions.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Play three cards onto the crisis
Move the Student to the library

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Fat Samurai chooses Option 1 - four fuel cards are added to his hand, and 6 zombies are added to the colony. (At entrances 1, 5 and 6, barricades destroyed at 2, 3 and 4

John moves to the library. John is unaffected by exposure

Fat Samurai plays 3 cards into the crisis

The colony eats. 5 food removed from supply.
Waste is checked - no-one can handle the mess! (13) Morale is reduced by 1
Crisis is resolved. The following cards are revealed:

Adrenaline Shot Hospital Medicine Waste Pile: Change an unused action die you control to a result of your choice.
Medicine Starter Medicine Waste Pile: Remove any type of wound token from a survivor you control or remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with a survivor you control.
Medicine Grocery Store Medicine Waste Pile: Remove any type of wound token from a survivor you control or remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with a survivor you control.
Medicine Grocery Store Medicine Waste Pile: Remove any type of wound token from a survivor you control or remove any type of wound token from a survivor that shares a location with a survivor you control.

Crisis averted!

Zombies are added to the colony at entrances 2, 3 and 4. Barricades are destroyed at entrances 1 and 5
Zombies are added to locations:
Police Station: 1
Grocery Store: 2 barricades destroyed, no zombies added from noise. Good dog.
School: 2
Library: 1
Hospital: 1
Gas Station: 1

Round decreases. First player passes to Fat Samurai

Morale: 3
Rounds: 3
Food: 2
Starvation: 1
Crisis cards: 0
Waste: 13

Players

Fat Samurai

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Woundedx1
Sparky - Stunt Dog 10 2 2 Anywhere: When rolling for exposure with Sparky, if you foll a bite treat it as if you rolled a wound. When spreading a bite effect, ignore Sparky.
John Price Student 18 3 3 Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Woundedx1
Equipped: Hammer: Once per round, when performing a barricade action, you may build 2 barricades instead of 1 at this survivor's location.
Cards: 1
Dice: 5 3 2 4 3

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3. Frostbitex1, Woundedx2, Imprisoned
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Woundedx2
Dice: 2 4 1

Tekopo

Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.
Cards: 3
Dice: 3 6 4

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck. Frostbitex1
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure
Brian Lee - Mayor 68 3 4 Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Equipped: 1, 2, 3 Barricades - Book: Once per round, during your turn, you may build a barricade without spending an action die if this survivor is at the colony.
Cards: 5
Dice: 2 1 3 2

Mongol

Sophie Robinson - Pilot 58 4 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck. Wound x1
Equipped: Baseball Bat: Once per round, when performing an attack with this survivor you may kill 2 zombies instead of 1.
Equipped: Guide to Leadership: Once per round, you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand.
Equipped: Colt 1911 Pistol: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.
Dice: 4 6 6

Action queue: New crisis coming, Fat Samurai's turn.

Kerro fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 24, 2014

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

quote:

Another day dawns, cold and quiet. You drag yourself from bed, from another fitful sleep. Your days and your nightmares increasingly blur together, but you're still alive. Thanks to the efforts of Andrew and John, you've been able to tend to the wounded and you have more hands on deck today to deal with the next problem: the horde.

With clever planning and careful construction you've managed to funnel them into only a small handful of entrances around the colony, and so it should be a simply matter to trap them there and set them aflame. The fuel from the tanker you found yesterday could come in handy, if you can find a way to distribute it and get it where it's needed. Then, if you can manage that, you just need to ensure that you have enough food that everyone can eat, enough medicine to take care of the wounded, and ensure that nobody gets bitten or dies from the cold in the process. It's going to be another busy day...

New Crisis: Strength of the Dead

Pass: 5 fuel
Fail: Remove all barricades from the colony. Add 10 zombies to the colony.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus.

Pm me on my turn please, I have work this week, but I'll take an hour off at lunch to handle everything.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ack, sorry! This is still me!

Also, good boy, Sparky :3

Ok, first of all play 4 cards into the crisis and Play Food 3 card

That should give us eenough wiggle room to focus on zombies.

Use 2 of my 3s to kill 2 zombies in the library, then use a 2 to barricade it twice
Use a 4 to search the Grocery store with the farmer.
Barricade entrance 5 with my free action

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Fat Samurai plays 4 cards into the crisis

Fat Samurai plays a card:

Food 3 Grocery Store Food Waste Pile: Add 3 food tokens to the food supply

3 food added to the supply!

John kills a zombie at the library. Exposure has no effect.
John kills a zombie at the library. John takes 1 wound from exposure.

John uses a hammer to build two barricades at the library

Andrew searches at the Grocery store. Cards sent. Keep or make noise?

Ashley barricades entrance 5

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Keep

Sparky the Wonder Dog will build a barricade at the Grocery Store. But only if you're a funhaver. Otherwise the Farmer will, because y'all hate fun.

I think that's all.

EDIT: Good boy, Sparky :3:

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Sparky, with a certain amount of assistance from Andrew, builds a barricade at the Grocery Store.

Food: 5
Crisis cards: 4
Waste: 14

Players

Turtlicious

Buddy Davis - Fitness Trainer 36 2 4 Anywhere: It takes 4 or more wound tokens to kill Buddy instead of 3. Frostbitex1, Woundedx2, Imprisoned
Daniel Smith - Sheriff 66 2 5 Anywhere: (4+) Once per round you may kill 2 zombies at Daniel's current location. Only roll for exposure once. Woundedx2

Tekopo

Mike Cho - Ninja 30 2 4 Anywhere: When performing an attack with Mike do not roll for exposure.
Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more.

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck. Frostbitex1
Rod Miller - Truck Driver 40 3 3 Anywhere: When moving Rod, do not roll for exposure
Brian Lee - Mayor 68 3 4 Anywhere: Once per round you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Equipped: 1, 2, 3 Barricades - Book: Once per round, during your turn, you may build a barricade without spending an action die if this survivor is at the colony.

Mongol

Sophie Robinson - Pilot 58 4 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top card of a single location's item deck. After you have looked at the card, place it back on top of that item deck. Wound x1
Equipped: Baseball Bat: Once per round, when performing an attack with this survivor you may kill 2 zombies instead of 1.
Equipped: Guide to Leadership: Once per round, you may increase an unused action die you control by 1.
Gray Beard - Pirate 16 1 4 Colony: Once per round you may take a card at random from another player's hand and place it into your hand.
Equipped: Colt 1911 Pistol: Once per round, when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.

Fat Samurai

Ashley Ross - Construction Worker 52 2 5 Anywhere: Once per round you may perform a barricade action without using an action die.
Andrew Evans - Farmer 12 3 3 Grocery Store: Once per round when performing a search at the grocery store you may look at and keep 1 additional card. Woundedx1
Sparky - Stunt Dog 10 2 2 Anywhere: When rolling for exposure with Sparky, if you foll a bite treat it as if you rolled a wound. When spreading a bite effect, ignore Sparky.
John Price Student 18 3 3 Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Woundedx2
Equipped: Hammer: Once per round, when performing a barricade action, you may build 2 barricades instead of 1 at this survivor's location.

Action queue: Turtlicious' turn

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sherrif goes to the hospital
Sherrif kills 2 zombies with his 4
Sheriff looks for lewt

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

I don't know how this is supposed to play out in the rules, but I realised as well since Buddy has frostbite that he dies at the start of Turtlicious' turn. However, since he's been ousted as a murderer, I'm going to rule that this does not result in a morale loss.

quote:

"Sorry Buddy, but just cos this world's turned to poo poo doesn't mean I'm about to turn a blind eye to straight-up murder".

Daniel hauled Buddy roughly along the corridor, his weathered hand still strong enough to throw the younger man around with ease.

"Are you loving kidding me? It's the goddamned end of the world and you want to throw me in jail?" Buddy winced, shifting his weight to his one good leg. "And with these wounds as well? What do you think's gonna happen to me without proper medical attention?"

Daniel grimaced. This wasn't what he'd envisioned. It seemed almost natural that they should work together after a disaster like this. And at first, they did. Until the food shortages started, until personalities started to emerge and old feuds resurfaced under the increased pressure of trying to eke out an existence that, let's be fair, was barely tolerable at the best of times.

The cell door clangs shut. It's a small town, and a small cell - just a bunk, toilet, and a grimy window high above.

"I'll be back to bring you your dinner and to check on you later". Daniel gives Buddy one last look as he heads back out into the snow, giving himself a mental reminder to come back in the evening. He needn't have bothered.

Daniel then moves to the hospital. He is unaffected by exposure, but there is a:

quote:

Crossroads Card: Welcome Home

This is the street that your parents lived on. How changed is the world that you didn't recognise it? And now you can't stop yourself - you have to know. You turn from your intended destination, and soon open the back door to their house. The smell that assaults you warns of what awaits, but still you enter. You find your mother in the living room, face down on the floor. Her head is a halo of dried gore and your father's Colt lies next to her. You don't even have a chance to mourn before the thing that was your father comes crawling down the stairs.

Option 1

You dive for the gun and take aim. You struggle to pull the trigger, but soon he's right on top of you, his hands scrabbling at your feet. "I'm sorry Poppa". Roll once for exposure on this survivor. If the survivor isn't killed, attach this card to it. Once per round when this survivor performs an attack do not roll for exposure.

Option 2

You run out of the house and don't look back. There was no way you could have shot him. Nothing happens

Turtlicious: Choose Option 1 or 2

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Taking his life into his hands, Daniel chooses option 1. Daniel is unaffected by exposure! Daniel loses 1D6 sanity (4). Daniel develops claustrophobia!

Daniel kills two zombies at the hospital, then searches. Card sent. Keep or make noise?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Kerro posted:

I don't know how this is supposed to play out in the rules, but I realised as well since Buddy has frostbite that he dies at the start of Turtlicious' turn. However, since he's been ousted as a murderer, I'm going to rule that this does not result in a morale loss.

Sheriff saves the day :clint:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kerro posted:

Taking his life into his hands, Daniel chooses option 1. Daniel is unaffected by exposure! Daniel loses 1D6 sanity (4). Daniel develops claustrophobia!

Daniel kills two zombies at the hospital, then searches. Card sent. Keep or make noise?

Make some noise.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Daniel makes some noise at the hospital. New card sent! Keep?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
More Noise.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Daniel continues to rummage around at the hospital. New card sent! Keep?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Keep

If I have any action dice left, I'll kill another zombie.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

You only have a 1 action dice left so you cannot use it to kill a zombie. Given that you're not at the colony, probably your only option is to barricade but let me know if you have something else you'd like to do.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Someone please remember to take out the trash.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kerro posted:

You only have a 1 action dice left so you cannot use it to kill a zombie. Given that you're not at the colony, probably your only option is to barricade but let me know if you have something else you'd like to do.

Barricade

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Daniel builds a barricade at the hospital.

Players

Tekopo

Rumda

Mongol

Fat Samurai

John Price Student 18 3 3 Non-colony: When John is not at the colony, he is considered to have the ability of every other survivor he shares a location with. Woundedx2

Turtlicious

Equipped: Oedipal Complex: Once per round when you make an attack, do not roll for exposure.
Cards: 2

Action queue: Tekopo's turn

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can get a survivor at the hospital right? (Cuz thats what I'm looking for)

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Yes, and also since you hadn't announced the end of your turn, you could also request a survivor card from someone if you wanted.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Check the next crisis with Talia
Use 6 dice to kill zombie at petrol station.

Gonna wait and see what happens with the crisis before continuing.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Talia checks the upcoming crises. Cards sent!

Talia kills a zombie at the police station. Talia receives frostbite from exposure!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Say 'Need Medicine' about the crisis card.

Search at the gas station using a 3.
Kill zombie at entrance 3 using Cho.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Talia searches at the gas station. Card sent!

Mike kills a zombie at entrance 3.

Keep card or make noise?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Keep Card

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Card kept! Any further actions?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Nope.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Players

Rumda

Gabriel Diaz - Fireman (leader) 60 2 3 Anywhere: Once per round when Gabriel is at a location with an item deck, you may reveal the top 4 cards of that item deck. If you revealed any outsider cards you may place 1 into your hand. Shuffle the remaining cards back into the item deck. Frostbitex1, Woundedx1

Mongol

Fat Samurai

Turtlicious

Equipped: Oedipal Complex: Once per round when you make an attack, do not roll for exposure.
Cards: 2

Tekopo

Talia Jones - Fortune Teller 28 3 1 Anywhere: Once per round you may look at the top 2 cards of the crisis deck and place them back in any order. Then you may say exactly 2 words to all players about the crisis cards, nothing more. Frostbite x1
Cards: 4

Action queue: Rumda's turn. At the start of Rumda's turn, Gabriel takes 1 wound from frostbite.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?
Rumda, we need one more fuel.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Sorry for taking so long.

Use Gabriels ability at the school

Move Rob To the Library and search with one of the twos bosted to a three using Brians Ability

Use the 1 and the last two to clean waste

Request Medicine For Gabriel

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Gabriel searches for survivors at the school, and reveals:

Food 2
School Blueprints
2 Outsiders
3 Outsiders

Rumda may add one of the Outsider cards to his hand. Assuming 2 Outsiders unless you state otherwise since the only difference is 1 extra helpless survivor

Rod moves to the library.

Rod searches at the library. Card sent! Keep?

Brian performs his mayoral duties by cleaning waste, twice.

Rumda: Keep card or make noise & choose Outsiders card to keep, everybody else can donate Medicine if you wish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Kerro posted:

Gabriel searches for survivors at the school, and reveals:

Food 2
School Blueprints
2 Outsiders
3 Outsiders

Rumda may add one of the Outsider cards to his hand. Assuming 2 Outsiders unless you state otherwise since the only difference is 1 extra helpless survivor

Rod moves to the library.

Rod searches at the library. Card sent! Keep?

Brian performs his mayoral duties by cleaning waste, twice.

Rumda: Keep card or make noise & choose Outsiders card to keep, everybody else can donate Medicine if you wish

Make noise keep the 2 outsiders

• Locked thread