Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

This owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorbe
Jul 29, 2006
SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP AND LET ME TALK!!!

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Josh looking directly into the camera is really disquieting

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

this is easily one of the worst things i've ever watched, and i watch lots of reality singing competitions and lifetime movies

Are you my dad? Because that's all he watches. and Ellen.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

I think this might be the first reality tv show with an on air murder. There are some really angry idiots on this show.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Chicken tractor. CHICKEN TRACTOR.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

njbeachbum posted:

I think this might be the first reality tv show with an on air murder. There are some really angry idiots on this show.

Aphrodite posted:

They took Big Brother to its logical point and just cast 15 assholes.

I think the lack of nice/normal characters is really an issue. Everyone seems like a heel like you're predisposed to already hating them for the first time they say something.

The problem is, that doesn't make for exciting good TV and the producers know that...

:munch:

Ace of Space
Apr 29, 2008

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

As high a priority as food.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

It sounds kind of crazy but the CSA I used to belong to did this. They had a moveable coop that they would put over areas to be tilled and fertilized. It worked fairly well.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Meg From Family Guy posted:

Joseph fu*bleep for 10 seconds*ed Mary

This should be the thread title.

Also, Hex for Utopia Dictator.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

njbeachbum posted:

It sounds kind of crazy but the CSA I used to belong to did this. They had a moveable coop that they would put over areas to be tilled and fertilized. It worked fairly well.

Yeah after hearing the explanation it seems kind of reasonable. But the name evokes an image of chickens pulling a plow.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Glad Aaron made the point that they don't know what killed it (Bella) so they shouldn't eat it.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Yes lets complain to the black people about being treated like a slave

E:Someone go turn it off

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Are they giving these people meth or something? They seem to be always 1 second away from being completely pissed off at nothing.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I'm trying to figure out if any of these people don't suck. So far I've got Aaron, Hex, and lawyer guy but I'm sure they'll end up sucking too.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Bella is the root cause for every bit of drama that has happened so far.

They just aren't showing it.
Bella killed the loving chicken feeding them citrus and pomegranate.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

njbeachbum posted:

Are they giving these people meth or something? They seem to be always 1 second away from being completely pissed off at nothing.

Spoiler: the ground water is tainted by a tomacco crop

I'm trying to figure out if any of these people don't suck. So far I've got Aaron, Hex, and lawyer guy but I'm sure they'll end up sucking too.

I've got Aaron and Hex ahead by a country mile. Lawyer guy is a lawyer so it's inevitable.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Dedeker is level headed for a hippy dippy chick.
So is Rob but not just yet.

DakkaUT
Sep 27, 2004

I dunno about lawyer guy, I haven't seen him do anything but run the "trial" and even that was pretty poorly done.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

DakkaUT posted:

I dunno about lawyer guy, I haven't seen him do anything but run the "trial" and even that was pretty poorly done.

Yeah I'm just saying he seems fair and hasn't outright pissed me off yet.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

DakkaUT posted:

That's what I thought too. Maybe he isn't a litigator. It is almost like they picked people who had no crisis management skills.

Garbo
May 30, 2011
So far Hex and Not-Drunk-Not-Giving-A-gently caress Josh are the best people here.

The ex-con is cool too.

Garbo fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 8, 2014

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
I really like this show, but I could do without the weird hipster guy just randomly popping in and sounding condescending.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Who will have utopia's first wet dream?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Gaunab posted:

Who will have utopia's first wet dream?

The pastor, easily.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
This is the most contrived, fake pieces of poo poo I've ever seen, and I'm loving every minute of it.

What is the orange liquid they're all constantly drinking out of mason jars?

DakkaUT
Sep 27, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

This is the most contrived, fake pieces of poo poo I've ever seen, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Probably powdered drink mix, only having water (and booze) gets boring after a while.

And yeah, this is a trainwreck, but that won't stop me from watching it.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

DakkaUT posted:

Probably powdered drink mix, only having water (and booze) gets boring after a while.

And yeah, this is a trainwreck, but that won't stop me from watching it.

When Red was yelling about the water, he said something like "you all are drinking my Tang all day!" so I guess he brought some with him?

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Brocktoon posted:

Weird thing is it isn't fake. You can watch the live streams. They just fight with each other so much that that's what makes the tv edit.

And the orange stuff was Tang.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

DakkaUT posted:

The amount of times he said "like" and "uhm" during that should've been punishable.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

Yeah this video linked earlier is amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBvDZIV9xIg
Awkward horrible drunkenness on night 1. Heh.
I don't understand. He's arguing with a girl and drunkenly lays a kiss on her but she doesn't slap him?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm watching this but 30 minutes behind because DVR what am I in for?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
lmao at this show

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Turtlicious posted:

I'm watching this but 30 minutes behind because DVR what am I in for?

Yelling and swearing and anger.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CaptainHollywood posted:

Yelling and swearing and anger.

12 minutes in, Red Hat is throwing a tantrum this show is funny as hell.

The dude had like half a box of clothes and straight up made an rear end of himself.

I didn't think he could say the N* word on tv.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 8, 2014

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

He said "nigga" which is appropriate for television and top 40 music.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Maybe it's just me coming off a particularly sluggish season of Big Brother... but after watching the premiere for this? Holy gently caress am I so in. It's an unmitigated trainwreck of colossal proportions, but I'm am strangely enthralled by the concept. The people are absolutely insane to various degrees, throwing hypocritical hissyfits at the drop of a hat whenever they aren't the prevailing voice, and that makes for some drat entertaining television to me.

Hex/Aaron 2014 for President of Utopia. :patriot:

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
Someone watching the live stream posted earlier that the vegan survivalist accidentally killed a chicken, trying to feed it citrus. Was this the dead chicken Red through tantrum about?

I'm a vegetarian, and it's too funny to me that a vegan would accidentally kill an animal. Her going on the rant about killing bugs was awesome.

Are there any decent people on this show? So far, I don't think so. If they can keep up the chaos for a year, I may actually keep watching.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

sleepingbuddha posted:

I'm a vegetarian

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
that girl in the pink shirt is a psycho

• Locked thread