Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I actually kind of appreciate that there aren't staged interviews or anything like that, and that so far all the conflict seems to be from bringing a ton of crazy strangers together.

Seriously, a lot of these people seem to have anger management problems / poor coping skills. I know I'm personally rather weak-willed and I'd be breaking down (probably crying) from being in a stressful situation like that myself, but then again I wouldn't put myself on a show like this. But these people just flip out at the drop of a hat like toddlers throwing a tantrum. It's kind of surprising how many of them are so selfish, too. Like yeah, in my personal utopia I'd get everything I want when I want it, or whatever, but this isn't just any one person's 'utopia' -- it's a communal experiment, so you're going to have to learn to work with the team. But people are all like "well I don't want it, why should anyone else get what I don't want!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I actually had started watching Big Brother because I wandered into this thread and read about it.

BB was a lot more entertaining. (I haven't watched any live feeds -- was just catching up on the last season. So I can't really compare the two) At least there they have structured competitions and an endgame. And even if someone is cutthroat or a lovely person, at least it plays into it somehow. In Utopia, there are a bunch of whiny tantrum-throwing assholes but no real way to get them out and no real reason to watch them do anything, either.

• Locked thread