Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Maybe it's just me coming off a particularly sluggish season of Big Brother... but after watching the premiere for this? Holy gently caress am I so in. It's an unmitigated trainwreck of colossal proportions, but I'm am strangely enthralled by the concept. The people are absolutely insane to various degrees, throwing hypocritical hissyfits at the drop of a hat whenever they aren't the prevailing voice, and that makes for some drat entertaining television to me.

Hex/Aaron 2014 for President of Utopia. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

TMMadman posted:

Also, seriously, the host is so douchey looking that I can't stand seeing him on the screen. Someone call him up and tell him the 1800's called and they want their facial hair back.
I couldn't shake the idea that he looks exactly like the unholy offspring of Johnny Depp and Gary Oldman. :stonklol:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I love how one of their central complaints about the group at large was "I DON'T WANT NO BERNIE MADOFF PONZI SCHEME"... and then they proceed to blow over an eighth of their entire personal revenue on perishable amenities, which they freely use as a recruitment incentive to convince other people to join their society instead so that they can use their money to keep buying stuff. :raise:

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Seriously, gently caress this show. I'm still reeling from the fact that the two-week build up to some massive, earth-shattering twist for the pioneers turned out to be "we do the same thing as last month, but this time, all three are from America!" :downs:

Oh, and the addition of confessionals. Way to break new ground there, Utopia.

• Locked thread