Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Would you suggest it to someone who has a PS3, a Wii, and a Xbox plugged in with hundreds of dollars in software for each but hasn't touched them or, hell, any other game besides Quake, The Sims and mapgames for a year or more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wii U is probably the only console I'd ever consider buying in this hosed up woprld.

Dec 26, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wii U is probably the only console I'd ever consider buying in this hosed up woprld.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Welcome, friend.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
The Wii U is a helluva gaming console.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
The name ruins it. Much like their new handheld console. Sony is the only company left that knows how to do branding.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kilroy posted:

The name ruins it. Much like their new handheld console. Sony is the only company left that knows how to do branding.

They called the 3rd Xbox the XBox One.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
what is this magic cake business

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
It's very superior and well made Nintendo machine to that of the wii and the library does not dissapoint. Glad to own one. Wii u and PC = all u need

Welcome to club Nintendo, gaming brethren

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I was thinking about getting my nephew one but I worried about the tablet thing, does it seems to be built pretty solidly? Like would a ten year old destroy it in your opinion

Kilroy posted:

what is this magic cake business

if you quote a post id with 420 in it you get a piece of cake

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
you can get most ps4 and xbone games cheap (and often better) on pc, or at least alternatives that scratches the same itch.
you can't do the same for wii u cuz the (first-party) games are unique.

therefore if you want a console a wii u is the smart choice.

QED.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
years of suffering as a nintendo fanboy have finally paid off, for this, the console we have been waiting for.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

years of suffering as a nintendo fanboy have finally paid off, for this, the console we have been waiting for.

The N64 still looks down upon it and does not recognize it as it's true successor.

Honestly ZDR you probably have the best three games on the system right now, unfortunately nothing else even comes close to them unless you like Monster Hunter or Pikmin.

If you can find lego City, Nintendoland, or Zombi-U for 10 bucks or under get them since they're interesting diversions. The only worthwhile multi-console port on the system will be Rayman legends.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 30, 2014

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

a friend of mine bought the wii u and we had a blast playing together. the screen-controller is really cool

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I was playing some Nintendoland and Zombi-U earlier and they're neat little games, though I wouldn't buy them for full price.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
NES Remix is a nice diversion and I can wholeheartedly recommend donkey kong tropical freeze as well as rayman legends if you don't already have it. Wii sports club is also a great upgrade to wii version and still holds it's weight in multiplayer fun. The wii motion plus controls and creative use of the game pad add a lot. Pikmin 3 is good too.

drat wii u owns. Can't wait for smash bros and open world Zelda, not to mention fucken DS games on virtual console

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I can't believe the amount of controllers on the Wii u

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Real hurthling! posted:

its cool

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
WiiU controllers include the Pro Controller, which is one of the best controllers ever made

Soral
May 30, 2009

i will purchase a wii u before this year (2014) is over

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah wow it's like all my old accessories still work, unbelievable

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

everybody so defensive about wii u. just making an xbone style joke.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

everybody so defensive about wii u. just making an xbone style joke.

you should leave

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:qq: aw shucks fellas

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U.

The sound you hear after ODing on garbage PS4/Xbone games. Don't worry, Nintendo exclusives are on their way, coming to save you.

That is, if you want to be saved. :smug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U.

The sound you hear after ODing on garbage PS4/Xbone games. Don't worry, Nintendo exclusives are on their way, coming to save you.

That is, if you want to be saved. :smug:

wii u is the sound that miyamoto makes when he walks into a room full of playstation games.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wii U is really good if you like platformers. If not you can probably pass.

OP Nintendoland is a cheap game that's really fun if you have people to play with, even (especially?) if its someone who doesn't play games.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
You should really get Wonderful 101. It's like Viewtiful Joe, Okami and Bayonetta got together and had a crazy baby where every boss feels like a final boss.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Wind Waker HD is kind of a must as well.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Also Bayonetta 2's coming out in less than two months, and they're even bundling it with the first game.

Good time to be a Nintendo fan.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

also you can wear a link or samus costume in the wii u version of bayonetta that comes with bayonetta 2 for free. the boots she wears with the link costume go above her knees. it is truly a sight to behold

the wii u is extremely good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

romanowski posted:

also you can wear a link or samus costume in the wii u version of bayonetta that comes with bayonetta 2 for free. the boots she wears with the link costume go above her knees. it is truly a sight to behold

the wii u is extremely good.

bayonetta dressed like princess peach makes me... woo boy

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

elf help book posted:

bayonetta dressed like princess peach makes me... woo boy

You can also summon Bowser to fist enemies.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

hubba hubba!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sarah Palin, bounty hunter is totally gonna be a show on history channel in the next five years.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Real hurthling! posted:

everybody so defensive about wii u.

edit: actual content: Is Zombi-U any good? The premise seemed really neat, having to get your backpack back when you died and coming across the zombie of your previous character, but I only know one person with a Wii U and they don't have it.

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 31, 2014

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

romanowski posted:

hubba hubba!
They gave Samus a metal vagina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Mash posted:

edit: actual content: Is Zombi-U any good? The premise seemed really neat, having to get your backpack back when you died and coming across the zombie of your previous character, but I only know one person with a Wii U and they don't have it.

dont buy ubisoft zombie garbage

• Locked thread