Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I can't speak for everyone, but I liked the Marvel Zombies Destroy! mini that he was apart of the team for. But that's all I've read from him besides the Deadpool 250 backup story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I would be fine with either, honestly. Howard is so good. It's absurd. I hadn't read any Howard the Duck stuff before, just saw the movie. I'm loving this. Is the old stuff worth tracking down?

Steve Gerber, the character's creator, was the best. Track down every issue he ever wrote. Then go read his Man-Thing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Steve Gerber, the character's creator, was the best. Track down every issue he ever wrote. Then go read take a look at his Man-Thing.

Good lord, it was RIGHT THERE.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaz-L posted:

Good lord, it was RIGHT THERE.

Giant-Sized Man-Thing is too glorious to joke about.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Steve Gerber, the character's creator, was the best. Track down every issue he ever wrote. Then go read his Man-Thing.

Second second second second second. Gerber's Man-Thing is so, so good. You'll really need to read his early stuff to appreciate the posthumously-published Infernal Man-Thing, which is loving EXCELLENT.

This is as good a place as any to profess my love for Plok's "Seven Soldiers of Steve" project from a few years ago.

Oh, and I guess I gotta post on-topic: Howard #3 was pretty good. Zdarsky gets Howard's context but his Howard's voice ain't right. Howard was more Barney Miller than Arrested Development, if that makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Just read the latest issue. The main story was great but holy poo poo, the backup had me in stitches, the payoff was magnificent. Oh god, those balloons.

• Locked thread