Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Blue blazes -Aoi Honoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qntj0rUUQI8

The year is 1980, our hero is a hotshot art student named Kazuhiko Shimamoto, burning with passion he enrolls in the Osaka University of arts to accomplish his dreams of becoming a great manga artist or animator.

Fiery with passion, confident in his abilities, and fiercely full of himself, he seeks to be the best in his class ever and isnt afraid to show it:-

The problem is, however, that he's in the same class as this guy:-

and this guy:-

and this guy:-

AND THIS GUY, FUCKIN KENTARO YANO:-

Will our hero rise to the challenge of his rivals? will he find inner strength to strengthen his abilities and hone his craft and be a better artist? Or will he be blinded by envy, petty ambition, false rationalization and complacency?

HAHAHAHA

But seriously, this series is brand new, having only debuted in July, its exaggerated and fictionalized, but its actually based on an autobiographical manga of a real life person named Kazuhiko Shimamoto who did go to school with Hideaki Anno and the gang, I've only seen six episodes so far, and it's really caught my interest big time, the actors are super fun to watch ( the main actor especially is one of the most funny faces I've ever seen on television) and really expressive, the characters are genuinely funny (especially MAD HORI and Kentaro Yano who are INCREDIBLE to watch), the humor is great, and the overall vibe is fun as heck with a jammin 80's style soundtrack.

Technically this story is a coming of age story, six episodes in it's really effective at delivering expressive humor and its incredibly cringe-worthy and sometimes painful to watch (in a funny way) since we're watching somebody with incredible delusions of grandeur waste his energy on being envious, prideful and always comparing himself with people rather than sitting down and focusing on his craft, it hits really close to home if you're an artist. However, the protagonist also shows a sincere and hard working side and his passion is genuine and shows it big time, it's kind of inspirational, it's just that he's naive and allows himself to be carried away with how he perceives the talent of others, so I hope there's some kind of salvation or catharsis soon, but so far it's a fun ride and I just wanted to let you guys know about it.

There's only six episodes out subtitled, I have no clue how many episodes total this is going to be, and unfortunately because it's a new show airing in japan only there's no legal way to acquire it from the rest of the world. It is a great show and I recommend it, I cant wait to see where it goes next!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
AAAAAAGH poo poo I JUST NOTICED SOMEONE BEAT ME TO IT Sorry about that, Closing thread!

• Locked thread