Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gravastars posted:

A Dalek episode turned good? What are the odds!

THAT WAS NOT A GOOD EP-I-SODE.

YOU ARE A GOOD EP-I-SODE.

*drops mic, moonwalk-rolls out of scene*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DoctorWhat posted:

Maybe they had anti-radiation gloves at the ready!

Why would we need them?

Unless you want me to get... the memory worm :heysexy:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
In all seriousness, can I make a comment about the Doctor having a soldier swallow a tracker with him thinking it would save him? Because holy poo poo, that was cold (and also awesome).

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DoctorWhat posted:

Now we might finally know if he was right!

*Twelve shows up in the TARDIS moments before the explosion*

"You weren't."

*leaves without him*

Autonomous Monster posted:

The cuts put me in mind of Man of Steel- a film I liked a lot, though I know it is... divisive. That felt like something that had a lot of story to tell and no time to gently caress around with chronological hand-holding.

This is going to cause a huge derail, and I know it, but I'm physically incapable of stopping myself.

Man of Steel ripped off Miracleman for its entire third act, all the way down to breaking Zod's neck to finish it. I swear I'm the only person on the planet who noticed.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Trin Tragula posted:

I'd be more inclined to say that all the Daleks in the parliament think they're the Chief Whip.

Isasmuch as they electro-whip lesser life forms before exterminating them.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jng2058 posted:

Why the gently caress is there a penguin? :confused:

That's not the question! You have pudding for brains!

The question is... Why isn't there a penguin on the show?

LividLiquid posted:

My favorite part about this is that they get to do all this without regressing him. He isn't just erasing fifty years of character development. He has the same tactics and ideas as Eleven, but he just doesn't lie to everybody about it like Eleven did.

Where Eleven was

"What are you going to do?"

"Something brilliant. Just you wait!" (Thinking, "I'd better come up with something.")

Twelve is more

"What are you going to do?"

"Haven't a clue, but it'll be something good."

My favorite quote from Eleven was one that pretty much sums up the entirety of the Doctor's adventures. With the Truth Field in full effect, Clara asks him what he's going to do—and, unable to lie, gives a weary, "I dunno. Keep them talking, wait for something to happen, take the credit. That's usually how these things work."

Just a brief glimpse that the Doctor, as we long suspected, is monumentally full of poo poo most of the time. :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pinacotheca posted:

It would be great if people took the time to understand the difference between overnights and final ratings before assuming the viewership has genuinely almost halved in a week.

What's the over/under on the ratings? :v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DoctorWhat posted:

I expect "okay".

I want exemplary.

:negative:

Well, that's okay.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Action Man posted:

I believe that Fox did not pick up Paul McGann's Doctor Who because they decided to go with Sliders instead, but that may just be a rumor.

It is. Sliders was well before Eight's movie.

I remember this specifically because it replaced Strange Luck with Brenden Fraiser and I have never forgiven Fox for that. :argh:

e: What the—I swear Fraiser was involved with this at some point! Who went back and changed my timestream?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Republican Vampire posted:

Ten was a loving sociopath. With nothing to keep him pent in he did monstrous things until the universe came crashing down on them and he died. It's hubris and horror all the way down.

Wellllllll. There was also the bit about the round things.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Plavski posted:

"hear that beating in your chest... this is what it feels like to be ALIVE!!!"

Having not listened to it, I'll assume this is Eight talking, because that sounds like Eight.

If so, it's pretty much eighth_doctor.txt, so I'd be okay with it.

If it's not, welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DoctorWhat posted:

Do you sometimes have to actively try to live up to your custom title, or is it totally automatic for you?

He just becomes a little more like Six with every passing post, doesn't he? :allears:

• Locked thread