Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This Clara best Clara, she's psychic and thinks the Doctor is a hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's like they let an adult write the script for a change.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

So getting a guy to swallow a tracker before he dies, that's not a foreshadowing or anything, is it :D

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

I find the constant Who-fan preoccupation with imminent cancellation odd. I guess it's the scar left by 1989 in the collective consciousness - Doctor Who has died before! The sky could fall in at any moment! - but this isn't the late-JNT era in terms of production, it's not the 80s (in terms of how fandoms and television behave), and for all his faults Moffat isn't Eric Saward.

I think we're gonna be okay for a while.

And yet you just heard that the BBC was prepared to kill the golden goose because a Doctor and a showrunner were just hanging up the hat. What kind of confidence does that brew?

TV is hard for everyone, no matter how successful. TV execs are the least sentimental about cultural value and absolutely adore good numbers and cheap budgets. If it gets "too hard" for any reason at all, they'll kill the goose in the sincere belief that it's best for the goose and little Pamela will get over it eventually and buy whatever new goose TV execs decide is appropriate for her, as long as its a cheap goose that everyone loves.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

CobiWann posted:

I have the E-Space trilogy on DVD, but never got around to watching it, so it ended up on the bottom shelf of the DVD rack, hidden behind one of my fiancee's potted plants. Good enough reason to bring it out and watch now!

Great review, MrL_Jakiri. I enjoyed the "behind the scenes" look and the "individual bits" section.

Are the commentaries good? Thanks to MrL_Jakiri I have something interesting of Four to watch and I was considering the Key To Time series on DVD but I'm up for any suggestion.

I actually don't mind a less bubbly Fourth for a change. And why is it that I just noticed the terrible question marks on his collar after all this time?

• Locked thread