Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Noxville posted:

This episode was not a total steaming mound of crap. Huge step up from last week.

He's been in serious roles in several of the films Ben Wheatley (director of this episode) has made. Go watch Kill List.

Not to mention the White Bear episode of Black Mirror. Amazing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I cannot read most of this thread right now, because I can't see Into the Dalek until tomorrow, but I just had to say that the end of Big Finish's Gallifrey Season 2 (Imperiatrix) is loving amazing. Gallifrey is a convoluted political drama, but goddamn if the end isn't very, very Doctor Who. If you're interested in listening to it, do yourself a favor and don't spoil it for yourself.

I'll agree with this. There were some stories a little later in that series that bored me a bit too much but it got back on track again soon afterwards.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

jng2058 posted:

So I went a little nuts during all those Big Finish sales not too long ago, and one of the stories that fell into my lap during my buying frenzy was The Holy Terror. Which is an interesting enough story after a fashion, but I'm having a hard time with just one teensy tiny thing.

Why the gently caress is there a penguin? :confused:

You're questioning the best companion in the history of Doctor Who?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Theglavwen posted:

Bad things in a story does not equate to a bad story.

Exactly, there are some questionable choices at the end of Love and Monsters, but that doesn't stop it from being one of the better episodes of the revival.

• Locked thread