Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Irish Joe posted:

We actually have five times your population, so 2.6 million viewers isn't as significant as it is on your tiny island nation.

It's pretty good for a small channel like BBC America though, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Trin Tragula posted:

Hyacinth Bucket.

It's pronounced "Copper", actually :v:

(Also although it feels like the most 70s sitcom in the world, Keeping Up Appearances is actually from the 90s)

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Metal Loaf posted:

Speaking of BBC sitcoms from the 1970s, after last week's episode my dad was telling me how when he was a kid he would have liked John Le Mesurier to play the Doctor (even though he would've been really similar to Pertwee) and it got me thinking, who better than Capaldi to play Frazer in the forthcoming Dad's Army remake movie?

Graham Crowden!

Oh.

:smith:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Jet Jaguar posted:

Still waiting for the New Who version of the Heavy Weapons Dalek.

If they make a new special weapons dalek they'd also need to make five minutes of Keff McCulloch inspired synth music to accompany it being deployed. It just won't be the same without a billion Orchestra Stabs.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Metal Loaf posted:

You mean killing Torvic and burning the body, then making a deal with New Adventures Death to let the Master take the heat for it? :v:

Get out.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Vintimus Prime posted:

Am I the only one who would love to see a Mcgann/Capaldi episode?

I don't think you'll find many people that wouldn't love to see near enough any combination of doctors in a episode.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

Key to Time is pretty great. It has a lot of Douglas Adams's influence, it sort of has a continuous story, Tom Baker's obvious crush on Mary Tamm is kind of hilarious. It does have moments that sort of make you feel like you're watching a Monty Python sketch about Doctor Who, particularly in the first serial, but it's loads of fun.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WZktJG7-FqY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Blasphemeral posted:

If this is the case, what's to stop just any old fan from "sticking their hand up"? I assume there's some controller somewhere who vets applicants, but what are the base qualifications that(/those) person(s) are looking for? Is it just star-power/industry cred? And if it is, what's to stop someone like Gaiman from gritting his teeth and going, "Yeah, OK, give it to me. I'm only gonna do one series, though."

[Edit] Britified the Gaiman quote.

If it's a controller, I hope it's the Time Controller.

• Locked thread