Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I was really hoping that the Doctor would bring up or even make a snide comment about the last good Dalek, Dalek Oswin.

This episode had the same issue as the last one to me; that the plot was absurd and it was badly directed and paced and they could've refined it to be much better, but it held together purely on fantastic character moments. That said, I should expect the Doctor to be able to handle a bit of moral complexity and a reasonable view of what makes a person good, but I guess he's in a bit of a fragile place right now.

I kinda feel like the best possible Dalek episode would be if you took this and Dalek and merged them together.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Plavski posted:

What was badly directed about it?

Well, perhaps directed as best as they could under the circumstances and under their constraints, but goddamn the set fakery and poor-rear end CGI was showing hard this week.

The interior of the Dalek and the feeling of moving through its space just wasn't there for me. Plus it looked too much like the corridors of a ship rather than the inside gaps of a machine/creature.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Aug 31, 2014

• Locked thread