Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

weekly font posted:

Cam Newton out according to Glazer.

e: How we feeling about Crabtree? My other options are Mike Wallace and Golden Tate. The injury stuff is worrying me.

My feeling is he'll start the game, SF will get a comfortable lead against Dallas' abysmal defense, and then he'll sit out the second half to keep from overstressing that leg, while SF burns the clock with a running game that will also destroy Dallas' abysmal defense.

Crabs might score two TDs or he might make three catches and be done for the day. I'd say he has a high ceiling and a low floor today, which makes him risky but worth it if you're otherwise behind in your matchup this week and need to roll the dice.

If you'd rather have more reliable points, even with a lower ceiling, I'd start Wallace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
0.2 per rush, 0.5 PPR

Second RB:
Ben Tate @ Pit
Joique Bell v NYG
Shane Vereen @ Mia

Flex:
RBs from above
Emmanuel Sanders v Indy
Michael Floyd v SD
Kelvin Benjamin @ TB (nope).

Leaning toward Tate & Sanders. I would do Vereen but 0.2 point per rush.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Pick 2 .5 PPR

Victor Cruz @ DET
Torrey Smith vs. CIN
Mike Wallace vs. NE
Anquan Boldin @ DAL

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Cruz & Torrey

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
Pick 2: roddy white vs. NO, wayne @ den, fitz vs. SD

1 ppr

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Fitz & Roddy

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away
ESPN standard:

Doug Martin or Tony Gerhardt?

Yahoo Standard (pick two):

AJ Green (yes) but do I start Michael Crabtree, Terrence Williams, Sammy Watkins, or Jeremy Maclin?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I have a W/R/T spot, my options are:
1PPR
MJD @jets
Knowshown vs. pats
hakeem nicks @den
latimer vs ind
mike williams @chi
greg jennings @stl
tim (lol) wright @mia

who looks the best?

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!
Flex:

Dwyer/Ellington vs SD, or Edelman vs Mia, Moreno vs NE, or B Cooks vs Atl?

Lacy laid an egg for me so I probably need to go highest ceiling here.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Reposting from earlier - 1PPR, pick one:

Mike Wallace v NE, Golden Tate v NYG, Marqise Lee v Phi

Wouldn't question but Lee starting in place of Shorts makes me wonder.

Edit: sticking with it, so Lee is probably going to go off

Zombie Tsunami fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 7, 2014

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Not even sure if I'm gonna play Cam even if he starts. I could see him leaving after 1-2 quarters.

Josh McCown a safer play for me? Can't believe I think that's true.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cam inactive.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

Skull Knight posted:

Sorry but I feel like I need another opinion here..

Am I crazy for wanting to switch out DeSean Jackson, by moving Golden Tate into the WR2 position, and then moving Mark Ingram into the flex position since he's going to be the RB starter and this is a 1.0 PPR league? I know I know, don't sit your studs, but RGIII and the matchup this week...

Welp, Peterson and Stacy screwed me over this week. If I had just done a RB swap, I'd have won the week...

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Standard scoring
Reggie Wayne @ Denver or
Golden Tate vs. NYG

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

I have Ellington in my lineup tonight, but it's looking more and more like he's not playing.

I have Dwyer, Woodhead, and Joique Bell that I can plug in there. I'm debating on whether I go ahead and just put Bell or Woodhead in, or if I wait to hear definite news and go with whoever starts between Dwyer and Ellington.

e: whoops, sorry. non-PPR

isnt that right fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 8, 2014

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If it's PPR, put Bell in period. Giants Defense. Giants. Defense.

shitbutt cockfag
Dec 19, 2004
Is this internet, or am I only dreaming?
ESPN standard, who do I flex tonight?

Joique Bell vs NYG
or
Michael Floyd vs SD

I'm up 7 points and he's got the Arizona defense left to play, so I guess I'm looking for the higher floor

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

shitbutt cockfag posted:

ESPN standard, who do I flex tonight?

Joique Bell vs NYG
or
Michael Floyd vs SD

I'm up 7 points and he's got the Arizona defense left to play, so I guess I'm looking for the higher floor
Whatever I pick will be wrong but I'd probably play Bell, I think his floor is higher.

Plug Dwyer or Woodhead into Ellington's spot tonight? .5 PPR. I'm up ten with Megatron and whoever of that mess plays, he has Cruz and Fitzgerald if that makes a difference.

wyoak fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 8, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I told a couple people not to start Crabtree and I feel vindicated.

I think I also told someone maybe don't start Vernon Davis and that was obviously wrong. Sorry duder!

How is the thread's track record looking at this point? Do we look back and issue mea culpas in this thread (this is the first year I've been in here doing this).

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
We're usually too busy drowning in the sorrows of our own fantasy teams to apologize for the mistakes we've unleashed on others

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Leperflesh posted:

I think I also told someone maybe don't start Vernon Davis and that was obviously wrong. Sorry duder!

How is the thread's track record looking at this point? Do we look back and issue mea culpas in this thread (this is the first year I've been in here doing this).

Why wouldn't you start Vernon, always, and especially against the lovely LB corp of the Cowboys?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

I was against drafting Davis this year, but once you take him you more or less have to start him.

I'd advise looking for a sell high opportunity for him though.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
1 PPR, everything else standard. I'm down 106-95 with only my flex left, all of his have played. Choosing between Reggie Bush and Rashad Jennings. I'm 95% sure I'm going with Bush here, but does anyone like Jennings better tonight?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

warcrimes posted:

Why wouldn't you start Vernon, always, and especially against the lovely LB corp of the Cowboys?

This is what I actually said, in response to someone deciding whether to start Witten or Davis:

Leperflesh posted:

Crabtree is questionable for tomorrow. If he doesn't play, Davis gets more attention from kaep maybe. Also, Witten will face a good D while Davis faces a bad D.

On the other hand, if SF gets out ahead (and it should), they may lean more heavily on a running game, in which case Davis could wind up not doing much in the second half.

I'd call it a coin flip.

Vernon Davis is great, but he is inconsistent game-to-game when Kaep has lots of targets. Yesterday Kaep favored Boldin and Davis, but it's not always going to be like that.

And I was right, Davis did not do much in the second half, but he already had two TDs in the first half so that's all you need.

If you have Vernon Davis he's probably your #1 TE, in which case you start him every week regardless. If you actually have another similar-level TE somehow, as the guy I was replying to does, then I don't think it's a clearcut case every week.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Looking for someone to double-check my math/logic.

I'm down by 10 going into today's games, and the other guy has Rivers. I have my Flex spot open and can play either Keenan Allen or Joique Bell. 0ppr, 4pt passing TD, 6 receiving/rushing.

I started Allen before the weekend, but I've got to go with Bell and just hope he has a monster game, right? Is that more, less, or equally as hopeless/ridiculous as expecting Allen to end up with 10 more points than his QB?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

VDay posted:

Looking for someone to double-check my math/logic.

I'm down by 10 going into today's games, and the other guy has Rivers. I have my Flex spot open and can play either Keenan Allen or Joique Bell. 0ppr, 4pt passing TD, 6 receiving/rushing.

I started Allen before the weekend, but I've got to go with Bell and just hope he has a monster game, right? Is that more, less, or equally as hopeless/ridiculous as expecting Allen to end up with 10 more points than his QB?

You're pretty hosed, but your only longshot chance is a huge game from your Bell and for his Rivers to stink up the joint. So yes, start Joique.

I need 15 points from Joique tonight, so I'll be right there with you.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

ESPN PPR
Rashad Jennings or Reuben Randle?
Need to outscore Carson Palmer by 3.2

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Chronicles posted:

ESPN PPR
Rashad Jennings or Reuben Randle?
Need to outscore Carson Palmer by 3.2

Jennings. He's going to catch a lot out of the backfield.

.5ppr. Woodhead or Keenan Allen? I'm a little worried about Allen being shadowed by Patrick Peterson.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Frustrated posted:

Jennings. He's going to catch a lot out of the backfield.

.5ppr. Woodhead or Keenan Allen? I'm a little worried about Allen being shadowed by Patrick Peterson.

Woodhead. I share your concern and think woodhead will get a lot of work underneath.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Now that he's active...

Ellington

Or

Woodhead

I need about 10 points to secure the win. .75 PPR

Diqnol
May 10, 2010