Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Couldn't find a thread so I am starting my own.

I will be going there the 4th of September (next week.) I am still drafting a plan and itinerary, but when that is complete I will post it in this thread. I will also post my experiences there, pictures, and tips.

Feel free to contribute with advice. So far my plan is to get to Casablanca from Madrid meet with a friend who is flying in from Seoul, rent a car, drive to Marrakech, stay for two nights, then do some desert tours until we get to Meknes and Fez. Of course we are gonna get lost and there will be plenty of setbacks, but thats part of the adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcdude24
Dec 23, 2008
Others may disagree, but I'd skip Fes- Marrakech has a similar medina, and other than the tanneries there's not a whole lot to see. Instead, take the extra time to check out Essaouira.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

xcdude24 posted:

Others may disagree, but I'd skip Fes- Marrakech has a similar medina, and other than the tanneries there's not a whole lot to see. Instead, take the extra time to check out Essaouira.

Fez's medina is much larger and more "authentic" than Marrakech's

Thread about Morocco here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3591932

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Thanks for that thread, that is very informative. Right now the general plan is:

Sept 4: Land in Casablanca, train to Marrakech. Stay in a hostel.
Sept 5: Stay in a really nice hotel in Marrakech (Marrakech Rouge)
Sept 6: Pick up rental car. Drive to Ouarzazate, then to the Dades Gorge, stay the night in a hotel there.
Sept 7: Drive to Merzouga. Spend the night in the desert tents.
Sept 8: Start drive to Fes. Seems too long to do in a day, so looking for advice/suggestions as to where to stay or to press on.
Sept 9: Fes. Stay in a nice hotel.
Sept: 10: I drive to Casablanca, drop off the car, and fly to Madrid.

I'm glad to read that driving is fine, in the other thread. I will be renting an automatically. Never learning to drive shift has finally come and bite me in the rear end. I will rent from either Dollar or any other reputable company.

• Locked thread