Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morby
Sep 6, 2007
On the whole, I am pretty pleased with Auburn's performance. The defense looked godawful the first half, but Arkansas is a schematic mismatch for the type of defense Auburn runs, so I am not surprised that they got their yards and points. Second half, Johnson made great adjustments and it was a shutout. On offense, I have no real complaints. The line was inconsistent at times and gave up false starts more than I would have liked, but I think some of that might have been due to them not being used to Johnson's cadence/snap count. When Marshall leaves for the NFL or other pastures, Auburn is in very capable hands at QB. The passing game was very sharp and DUUUUUUUUKE owns. The running game was inconsistent in the first half, but got much better in the second. Partly due, I imagine, to Marshall being a legit running threat whereas Johnson is more of a pocket passer.

Side note, Bret Bielema is still a loving douche. Last year, he complained that the swinging gate formation was left out of his game film. This year he says his assistants got stuck on the elevator at halftime.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/arkansas_bret_bielema_says_ass.html

I just can't with this guy. Please let him never win an SEC game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Arkansas State is a consistently dangerous team and has won plenty of championships in the last several years. Even with their revolving door at HC they have been successful. They are not an easy OOC team. When Malzahn was their coach, they played @Oregon. They lost, but the final score was 57-34 or something like that. I think they were one of the few teams able to keep pace with Oregon that year in terms of offensive production. Even now I think their team still runs somewhat of a HUNH spread.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Emron posted:

Maybe I'm being a homer, but I think it's dumb that SCAR is still ranked in the top 25 after getting crushed by Aggie, when WVU is unranked in the AP poll after losing by 10 to the team that is still #2 on the poll.

That's debatable. Nobody knows anything after week 1. SCAR losing indicates that either they are that bad or that A&M is that good, plus I think they warrant a benefit of the doubt for starting the season with in-conference play.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

I really hope they miss bowl eligibility by one win

My exact thought, just because it would be really funny.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Dattserberg posted:

Right, and the typical outlet for these people is a nationally syndicated radio sports talk show.

It's all good guys!

I actually really hope that Sims plays well just to spite these sorts of people...except against Auburn.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Nereid posted:

I enjoyed Coker sitting on the sidelines looking butthurt he wasn't playing. Sims played well though.

Raku posted:

I'm really sort of hoping Coker's first pass is a pick-6 and gives Florida Atlantic their only score so we can get this behind us. Also yeah he looked like a huge redneck baby on the sidelines so I kind of doubt he'll put the team first.

Somehow I completely missed this. Please tell me there are pictures.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Scarf posted:

Also Clemson has released 4* true freshman WR Kyrin Priester for an "attitude that is not acceptable to our standard."

Maybe he can go play with Chad Kelly...

What, is he an atheist or something?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

NippleFloss posted:

The team with the worst fans is the team with the fans that you have to interact with and listen to the most.

This. I absolutely agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

:golfclap:

• Locked thread