Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Football is dumb and I don't know why I watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Now lets cut to the action on the sidelines...

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I take it all back. College football owns.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mourningview just went flaccid.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News: K-State is only favored by 15.5 against ISU next week

Views: Bet your mortgage on K-State to cover.

Also, I've reached the "acceptance" stage of grieving.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Iowa State's #1 reciever appears to be out for the season with a torn ACL, tha the suffered on like the thrid play of the game. Our center, who went down early in the second quarter (and when he did the entire offense completely fell apart) might be back next week... so there's that, I guess.

Seriously, how the gently caress is our god drat center that important to the offense. After he went down we gained like 60 yards the entire rest of the game.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Scarf posted:

loving really, Baylor?

Don't Baptists schools have a thing about graven images?

Griffin is like 90% of the reason that stadium exists. I'd say he's earned a statue.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

VDay posted:

Well it's Texas so both of those guys were like top 10 QB recruits coming out of high school.

"Shucks, I guess we have to choose between 5 star QB number 1 or 5 star QB number two. Maybe we should give a couple of our safeties a shot".

My heart goes out to Texas and their misfortune. Though seriously, David Ash should never even think about playing football ever again.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Meltathon posted:

All I learned after this weekend is that I can once again not pay any attention to Iowa State football. God we suck. I like Rhoads as a person, but if this is another 3 win season, then I see him either being fired, or on a very short leash for next year.

I didn't think Rhoads could get himself onto the hot seat this season. I was clearly wrong, as I also didn't think we'd get stomped on by an FCS team for two years in a row. Iowa State is regressing to 90s level bad.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

I want to make fun so bad but I'm still scared you'll somehow beat us when Sam Richardson goes like 34-35 with 500 yards and 4 TDs.

ISU fans wanting to fire Rhoads and make Mangino the head coach is really funny though.

Unless he totally loses the locker room there's no way he isn't still here next season, and given that he managed to keep the locker room together last season I expect that won't be a problem. A lot can change from week one to week two. So who knows, maybe we'll magically look decent against K-State. We aren't going to look decent against K-State

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Meltathon posted:

I think there's people thinking that ISU will be like KSU last year, losing to NDSU, but then stringing together a good season. Except that definitely won't happen because KSU actually has some talent.

I'm trying to convince myself that last Saturday was just a combination of some unlucky injuries, a bad ejection, and first game jitters, and we'll recover and still win 4-5 games. I'm not doing a very good job of that.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Kinda weird that people would leave Florida State and Alabama as 1 and 2 but not vote for Oklahoma State or WVU at least as a token 24 or 25.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

OneWhoKnows posted:

My wife's cousin invited us to come see a game. Which would you recommend going to?

If you like snuff films I recommend Baylor.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

pillsburysoldier posted:

RT @APMarkLong: Gators announce season opener vs Idaho won't be made up, declared "no contest"

5-6 season incoming.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rick posted:

It's getting really common in basketball, too.

Sounds intriguing.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News: Iowa State's starting right tackle just quit the team. His backup is a redshirt freshman.

Views: At this point it is just funny. I'm on the 0-12 train.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 4, 2014

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

NippleFloss posted:

The team with the worst fans is the team with the fans that you have to interact with and listen to the most.

This is the correct answer.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Probably Magic posted:

That's Kansas's prize this year fair and square. Don't you dare take this away from us.

1-23 between the two teams has a nice ring to it.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Scionix posted:

Does Trin still post around here? I've been reading some grantland stuff recently about the newer packaged plays that are getting really popular, and almost every single one has lineman 4+ yards downfield blocking when the ball is thrown, if the throw is what the QB choses. I understand that's the point, you block everything like a run and give the QB the option, but in like 99% of the pass plays there are a bazillion O-lineman way up the field, which is very illegal.

I have been wondering that myself, in fact it even makes me wonder if some of the success of those plays comes from linebackers and safeties reading run when they see linemen going to the second level.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

NCAA Week 2: Gone as soon as a memory of David Ash

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sash! posted:

It's more of a "why are any of you on either side arguing about this at this point" sort of dense. Right or wrong to either side, what's done is done and no amount of all caps, calling each other idiots, or whatever is going to do anything.

Actually the fact that Penn State has already had some of the sanctions loosened, and there is talk of getting rid of more of them makes it topical still. And it really pisses me off that the sanction loosening is happening. Makes me wish more that Penn State had gotten the death penalty like they should have. The culture that enabled Sandusky clearly still exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It is going to be a very long day.

• Locked thread