Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I've said it before, but my only response to yesterday is:

LeeMajors posted:

Even God doesn't want to watch Gator football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't even realize that game got suspended... Rain, I take it?

Lightning or something. We received the kickoff nearly 3hrs after scheduled kick, returned it to their 14, and then we ran no more plays.

What a cocktease.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

JonathonSpectre posted:

Maximum UF hilarity scenario:

Florida chooses not to make up the game against Idaho.

Goes 5-6.

Not bowl eligible.

Thunder sounds suspiciously like laughter.

I wish you guys still had old liverspots cruising around on his rascal so I could make fun of you.

I am a shell of my former self. :smith:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

JonathonSpectre posted:

Like 5 years ago UF was dominating everyone and FSU was "just one play away" going 7-6 and losing in the Nut Bowl. The Wheel turns and turns again.

I expect UF to be good again very soon, but I just don't know about this year. When I see Will Muschamp on the sidelines I get the same feeling I did every time I saw Steve Ballmer pitch a product or service: Something's not right here, and it looks like his mom cuts his hair.

Oh for sure.

I remember when you guys were struggling and I felt sorry for you and wished you were good again. Spoke too soon. :ohdear:

Now you're awesome and I hate you again, but we are terrible.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

go3 posted:

There's room on the Charlie Strong bandwagon if you renounce the 2008 title to Texas

This will never happen. UF was the best team in the country, loving deal with it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

anne frank fanfic posted:

UF would've lost to UT but OU had a coach that could work the media better to get him an in to the champ game despite being overrated.

vyst posted:

Bitch, please.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

God, Miami fans are the loving worst.

Like the greasiest, most Jersey version of Carnival you can imagine.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Real Name Grover posted:

Based on others' experiences, how many fans of The U should I expect to see in Lincoln in three weeks?

You'll see Michael Irvin, Vanilla Ice and Ray Lewis on the sideline. That's it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vikingstrike posted:

That fanny pack, gently caress yes.

It's leather.

That's serious commitment to the fanny pack game.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Jordan McPherson ‏@J_McPherson1126
Roper said he wants #Gators o-line to know their role. "When they walk into a bathroom with 5 urinals, the center goes to the middle one"

.....aiight

Gotta start from scratch when you're blocking yourselves.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Les's team is powered by awkward palm clapping

The funny thing is that Spurrier used to clap like this a lot. You'd see it a lot with Wuerrfel and co. My friends and I used to emulate it when I was younger because it looked ridiculous.

I don't know why he stopped.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

CFN actually complimented Tebow as an announcer in hilarious fashion:

Cavalcade of Whimsy posted:

He actually stinks for about 58 minutes, but Tessitore and Spears carried things until the show went into the prevent with just under two minutes to play … I want to rip. I need to rip. But fair is fair – Tim Tebow might sound like a 12-year-old girl, but he’s a terrific talking head desk analyst. He’s engaging, he has a point, and he’s stunningly insightful for the role he has to play. He’d be even better if he didn’t have to spend half the pregame show poking Finebaum with a stick to make sure he’s still breathing.

I happen to agree with him. I'm setting it up for a multiply-by-zero joke, but he's light years better than Palmer.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

If you need a reminder why you should never read Power Rankings, CNNSI has Alabama, Auburn, Oklahoma and FSU ranked ahead of UGA right now.

I hate UGA, but that team looks scary good.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I know it's a long season and maybe I'm used to UGA being underwhelming early-on--but that team looked sharp and in mid-season form.

I'd love for Muschamp to get a little revenge on them later on :black101:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Emron posted:

If nothing else, Gurley looks obscenely good.

Life would've been different in the SEC had he been healthy his entire career.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

I seriously doubt a Saban secondary is going to be as bad as Alabama's was on Saturday, and Winston likely won't play that poorly most weeks either.

I agree with you on principle, but thats the kind of poo poo people started saying when USC started dropping clunkers. They were good for so long that when they faltered it was unimaginable that it would continue.

I don't think Saban will keep Bama a top-3 team forever. He's recruited well and been so incredibly lucky with attrition and injuries that it is possible he will have some bad seasons.

Maybe that is wishful thinking.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

It'd be poetic justice for a Georgia man to do that. By the way, LeeMajors, who are those two men in your avatar? Condemned killers, or the guys who randomly hit colored lights to select one of Auburn's four plays on offense?

http://www.npr.org/2012/11/09/164801005/squeeze-box-brutality-murder-ballads-from-finland

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Somehow I don't think Saturday night watching football immediately followed by an entire Sunday dedicated to football is going to fly with my significant other.

Sever.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

RT @APMarkLong: Gators announce season opener vs Idaho won't be made up, declared "no contest"

Best offensive and special teams play in years wiped off the books.

:sigh:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dattserberg posted:

Now how the hell did you end up with it LeeMajors? It is something I have pondered for quite some time.

It isn't that interesting.

I needed a new avatar post-Weis, and I thought the FInnish murder ballad story was really interesting and I happened to hear it that day.

Wish it was a better story.

:sigh:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Florida critics (dumb ones on Rivals, not the clever Goons in this forum) will still spout the "no out-of-conference games outside the state of Florida since..." garbage to attack Florida's strength of schedule, glossing over what an ordeal it is to have to play FSU every season.

It's going to be a tough season for the Gators... Alabama, LSU, Georgia, FSU...

While this is factually true, they cannot lament the loss of attendance while they continue to schedule shitbomb games.

No one wants to travel long distances to see games of no consequence when you can watch it much more cheaply at home; with the added convenience of watching games that matter.

I've gone down to Gainesville a few times to see some openers just to see how the team looked, but I bought the tickets for less than 15$ outside the stadium. Now that I'm older, I certainly can't make a habit of that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

They're the kind convinced that racism is over and white people are oppressed now

There is little that enrages me as much as this viewpoint. My parents have it, and it's prevalent throughout the south. So loving ridiculous.

Also: WAR ON CHRISTMAS.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Hearing it is a living hell when we're losing, though

In my experience, you guys don't play it much when you're down 21+. :smuggo:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

UF fans thought Jacoby Brissett was a runner and Driskel was a pocket passer. :psyduck:

People are loving stupid.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

It's not as bad as SC fans chanting "USC" to the beat of sandstorm.

Man, I loving hate sandstorm. BUT, when the entire stadium is bouncing and everyone is jumping it is impossible not to get hyped up.

2010 Bama was a magical, magical game. Stephen Garcia slaying the beast.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Be still my beating heart :swoon:

I think my most anticipated game of this weekend has to be Michigan State / Oregon.

Sorry, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

Yeah. The whole Oregon can't play against good defenses thing is really dumb and overblown. And MSU's offense is not very good

Nick Fairley shut them down by himself.

• Locked thread