Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Oregon's defense is still having problems making easy tackles on runners. They will lose to Michigan State because of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Captain von Trapp posted:

Oh yeah, and LSU managed to continue their ongoing streak of the worst commercials in higher education. I'm pretty sure this one was shot by a student with a camcorder about 12 hours before the assignment was due.

I remember one a few years ago touting that '90s one-hit wonder alt-rock band Better Than Ezra went there. Even though it was like one line in the commercial, that's a seriously pathetic namedrop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji0pyRmSnTY

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

OneWhoKnows posted:

Oregon did what they were expected to on week 1, but I'm still ultra nervous against Michigan State next week.

The Good
Mariota's accuracy was there and his vision for finding open receivers already seems to be better than last year, but we'll have to see how that holds up against a better opponent.
Tyner, Marshall, and Freeman all looked healthy and fast. Freeman, a true Freshman, looked really impressive and his size will be a great asset.
The offensive line and defensive line looked good against South Dakota, but again, we'll have to see how they look against Sparty.

The Bad
Penalties are still an issue.
Defense showed some glaring issues with a power run formation which spells trouble for next week and against Stanford.
Ifo was injured early and kept out for the rest of the game, but hopefully it's not too bad.

The Dumb
Byron Marshall dropping the ball at the half yard line resulting in a touchback for South Dakota, ugh.

At least the WR situation seemed to be possibly solved with Marshall doing very well in that position. He caught passes in comparatively tight coverage, while Devon Allen was used a few times going wide and seemed to gain separation decently. Too bad he pulled a DeSean Jackson on a would-be TD. Royce Freeman is a beast at RB and I already like him better than Tyner.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

I feel like this is one of those games where the Ducks piss it away each time in the red zone, be it fumbles or not converting fourth downs. I'm certain Michigan State's defense wins it for them, as well as grinding out extremely long touchdown drives. Stanford will probably do the same to USC. USC is just a little too overrated right now.

• Locked thread