Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
the awful app crashes every time I try to open auspol. Only that thread, nothing else. Finally ai has surpassed the power of the human brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Who is Abbott going to annoy next? I'm thinking somewhere in Africa.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

This country sucks, I'm going to sweden and becoming a bartender.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It's important to remember that Nauru was a fairly nice tropical island before we mined the gently caress out of it. The natives successfully sued our government for 86 million, which their PM ran away with.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Haters Objector posted:

20% of Australians would probably agree with Hitler quotes if you changed "Jew" to "Muslim" and took his name off them, so this is not surprising at all.

Remember that disabled vs veterans frontpage?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
If I was a nutter who wanted to make an islamic state I'd probably just try to go to the place where a bunch of other nutters were trying to make an islamic state

I subverted that poo poo hard, bet I needed to persuade you guys that fascists are spanners.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Now that we can be sure some ASIO computer twerp is reading this thread, it's probably worth just getting my controversial opinions out of the way. Tony Abbott is a nerd and a lizard and probably has a toupee, Christopher Pyne is an anthropomorphic plague rat without the charm, and the entirety of the liberal party would be nazis if the flavor of our racist nationalism encouraged moral hand wringing, and everyone in asio loves to get peed on. Islam is also good, especially the communist ones.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It's not really fascist structurally or politically but there's a lot of authoritarian conservative policies, racism, nationalist sentiment tied to obedience like #teamaustralia, militarism, state surveillance, outright contempt for disability support and of course the refugee policy, which tend to tick a bunch of the boxes for people. It's misrepresentative of economic policies and the structure of society, and somewhat distracts from a lot of the causes of many of the issues, such as the medical co-payments, G4S's involvement in offshore detention and the mining lobby. We're positioned to talk about these things in terms of Tony Abbott, but he's not in a vaccuum, and not the deciding cause of many of these policies. Calling it Fascism isn't really that far off in many respects, but it distracts from the nature of the current situation.

Edit: Someone here a while ago posted that Umberto Eco Ur-Fascism and stated that it was really descriptive of the current government, but it all occurs in pretty much every authoritarian society with more guns than it needs.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 28, 2014

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
You'd think that would apply to the right as well, but you get newspaper headlines comparing labor to stalin more than you'd think. I'd say the problem is that nobody here listens to the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

webmeister posted:

Stopped clock etc

Or instead of spending a day in a costume you could talk to a muslim lady like a sensible person.

There are some serious contortions in attempting to keep minority voices out of the media.

• Locked thread