Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'd like to go to GenCon 2015. Assuming I can get a room. And plane tickets. And probably a car rental.

And friends to go with. :(

I wouldn't need a plane ticket (it's only one state away from here after all), but there's no way in hell I could afford to go considering I'm up to my eyeballs in bills. Well unless somebody is crazy enough to give me like four grand to pay off my dentists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Asymmetrikon posted:

Reposting from last thread, cause i'm still interested in responses:

Right, personally ease of use would be number one for me, if I have to spend more than five minutes on program prep in addition to session prep I'll just call the whole thing off.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Captain Foo posted:

What is the three-tier model?

Publisher, distributor, retail. Honestly it's the guy in the middle who makes all the money.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Effectronica posted:

This discussion is just reminding me of the 2e D&D PHB where they provided examples of the different skills a typical highschooler would have.

And I'm laughing at all the people who are convinced they'd fold in any sort of emergency situation. Yeah, I'm real sure that you've got absolutely no reserves of hidden strength or ability to act under pressure.

Ahahahaha.

I've got plenty of reserves of strength, but no ability to act well under pressure (anxiety issues, with pills and everything) so in the event of an actual apocalypse I would fall apart as soon as the drugs ran out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Effectronica posted:

You actually don't know that, seeing as you've never been in that sort of situation and even if you've been in a similar one like getting lost hiking or biking far from inhabited places, you obviously made it out OK.

In those situations I only made it out okay because I had people looking out for me. Those people live far, far away now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Effectronica posted:

Speaking half-seriously, there's so much stuff out there in even semi-urban areas that the main issues facing most people would be boredom and loneliness in an immediately post-apocalyptic period. Instructions are everywhere on things, even the most out-of-shape person could break down glass sliding doors with a crowbar or tire iron, and there's enough imperishable junk hanging around that people could feed themselves for long enough to get books and pamphlets on agriculture and read them.

That's not actually what I meant.

The problem with this is limited supply, your average urban area only has at most a few days worth of food for every inhabitant and once that starts to run low is when the real chaos starts. If something wipes out half to two thirds of the population first then you have the luxury of time, if the food just stops coming one day because reasons...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Plague of Hats posted:

Pretty sure the typical gutting/dressing mail glove has a sort of normal glove inside it.

Yes they do, partially to keep the gunk off your hands (which doesn't always work) and also as an additional layer of protection if you're dumb or clumsy or just plain forget and stab your own hands.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rand Brittain posted:

Yeah, although they still don't have PHB/MM/DMG for any edition for some reason.

Which is insane because I would buy official PHB/DMG/MM PDFs for every edition in a heartbeat. (Well, except 5e, gently caress 5e)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

What's the difference then between the tech demo kickstarter that raised $300K and the other one that made $1 million? I'm pretty sure the $1 million one was for the actual game or I at least hope it is for the backers.

There's no difference, it all amounts to smoke and mirrors anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Covok posted:

Entering the MMO market with your first(?) game is a poor decision. MMOs are harder to make than other titles, expensive, highly competitive, and the market for them may even be a bit saturiated. Not that I'm not saying they can't make one, but it would have been wiser to start with something more manageable as their company's first digital title.

Yeah they really would have been better off making something like Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights, a single player game possibly with robust multiplayer instead of diving head first into the blood red waters of the MMO market.

• Locked thread