Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
The grog tax is the greatest oppression in modern times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Alien Rope Burn posted:

It turns out there have been a lot of them sent out, but they never get playtest reports back.

It sounds a lot simpler than Morton's List, no pesky tables.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

MadScientistWorking posted:

Yeah as I said earlier dyeing foods and artificial smells are on par for a lot of foods.

The difference in color between what I see at the grocery store and the fish market is astonishing.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

ManMythLegend posted:

Yeah, for real. This state is terrible.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Evil Mastermind posted:

The other problem is that no matter how bad it is, it'll get a ton of players simply because it has the word "Pathfinder" on it.

Hopefully between this and "Unchained" I look forward to the Paizo fan base eating their own.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
It'd be funny. Like if the South had won the Civil War then 6 years later Alabama attacks Georgia.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

remusclaw posted:

This brings to mind my recent info binge on Mountain climbing, facilitated by the Everest threads of the last few years. What would be a good rpg for the sake of running campaigns based on expeditions up high mountains and other hostile environments? Would Burning wheel do well for that? The only product I can ever recall seeing in rpg's for this kind of thing is Chaosiums "Beyond the Mountains of Madness", and I am not sure CoC is best suited for that kind of game, alongside the fact that BTMOM it is out of print and commands a high price these days.

For a mountain climbing game I think Cortex+ Drama or Fiasco. For a K2 expedition Fiasco might be best since everyone dies. Cortex+ for something more nuanced, you could play up the poo poo that goes on between different climbing teams (maverick Russians, thieving Italians, do-gooder Brits) and the mountain has built in Complications, HAPE/HACE, frost bite, avalanches.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler

Darius099 posted:

So I have an encounter for my fantasy game that I want to run, where a famous researcher bard is trying to reconstruct the true happenings of an ancient battle/siege. He has commissioned a powerful spell that will allow him to look through a specially prepared lens and see what the things/places on the other side looked like in the distant past. I wanted to set this up as a fun investigative scene and use props for it but I don't quite know if what I want exists.

I was thinking that I could draw or print something up on a big sheet of paper with some kind of ink or preparation that makes it invisible to the naked eye, and then create some kind of like round "lens" that has a type of filter of some kind that reveals the hidden ink/drawing when it's placed over top of it/looked through.

Kind of complicated for an encounter but I thought it could be neat if I could figure out how to do it. Does anyone have any ideas? I considered that whole lemon juice/invisible ink stuff but it doesnt work with a filter. I tried searching around and found a few things (some "cheat a poker!" stuff on ebay) but it didn't seem like it was real. I'd be fine with it being monochromatic since in my head that's how it feels like it would have to work. Anyone have any experience with stuff like this, or any ideas? I could easily have overlooked a more elegant/simpler solution.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tech_Spec#Generation_1

The decoders are the first thing that came to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

Oven Wrangler
I played a Cortex+ game at GenCon that the guy had updates Justifiers. I was worried it would be some wierd furry thing. It was good fun instead.

• Locked thread