Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
MULTI
DATE
DEAL

quote:

Bully Ray is reportedly close to signing a two-date deal with TNA. The extension would allow him to finish the TNA tag team series with The Wolves and The Hardys at this week’s TV tapings in Bethlehem, PA.

Bully’s second and final date with the company would come on October 12th in Japan as he and Devon will be inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame during Bound For Glory.

Devon’s last date with TNA would be October 12th also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I love it, being inducted into the HoF only to gently caress off right after. Wonder how that acceptance speech will go :allears:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Blasmeister posted:

I love it, being inducted into the HoF only to gently caress off right after. Wonder how that acceptance speech will go :allears:

To quote the great John Zandig "gently caress! YOU! I'M OUTTA HERE! HRRAAAAGH!"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlclUwqDo3s

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Blasmeister posted:

"Devon! Get the tables!" *puts Dixie through a table one last time*

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I just hope he doesn't show up on RAW the next night and throw the HoF plaque in the garbage can. :ohdear:

(Like anybody cares enough about TNA to do a Medusa to WCW riff off them)

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
So are the Dudleys going to the indies? Aside from merchandising them in toys and video games I really can't see the Dudley's having any value to WWE.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Tables are still over as gently caress and Bubba at least has one more nostalgia run left in him. It's a question of whether they want to go back.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

So are the Dudleys going to the indies? Aside from merchandising them in toys and video games I really can't see the Dudley's having any value to WWE.

They took RVD back and they have substantially more value then he does.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Bully can definitely work at the occasional-appearance level at the very least. I don't know if there's any bad blood between him and the WWE but I imagine that would be the only obstacle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They took the outlaws back, and the Dudleys are better wrestlers in better shape now than the Outlaws were in their prime.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

Bully can definitely work at the occasional-appearance level at the very least. I don't know if there's any bad blood between him and the WWE but I imagine that would be the only obstacle.

They left WWE on bad terms, or at least Bubba did. People were sick of his attitude.

But that said, I think that WWE would take them both back for one last run.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Endorph posted:

They took the outlaws back, and the Dudleys are better wrestlers in better shape now than the Outlaws were in their prime.

The Outlaws are friends with Triple H

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bully Ray spoke highly of WWE whilst making the PodcastOne rounds, so I wouldn't doubt that he is angling for a return. The 3D school has also gotten some people signed to developmental deals and it wouldn't hurt to have some tag experts pop in to the Performance Center occasionally (Billy Gunn can only teach a hot tag so often).

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
Just a reminder that WWE's current champion is Brock Lesnar, a man who actually won a lawsuit (well, technically a settlement) against them in court. They also inducted Ultimate Warrior into their HoF after years of legal wranglings and general rancor between the two. The Dudleys having a poo poo attitude backstage is going to be of zero import if Vince decides they're worth bringing back.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Didn't Davey Richards break his leg at a house show last month? Don't they still have to book this tag match series around that?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

So are the Dudleys going to the indies?

The Dudleys are already in TNA

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Dudleys are already in TNA

No that's team 3D.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

MULTI
DATE
DEAL

Finish the series? Didn't Davey break his leg legit recently?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Blasmeister posted:

Tables are still over as gently caress and Bubba at least has one more nostalgia run left in him. It's a question of whether they want to go back.

He can still go. He lost a lot of weight and he's doing great for 43. It's not like RVD or Jericho where they did a technical or acrobatic style they're too old to do anymore.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

He can still go. He lost a lot of weight and he's doing great for 43. It's not like RVD or Jericho where they did a technical or acrobatic style they're too old to do anymore.

Yeah I know he can go, not sure about Devon though currently. I guess he's good enough that he'd manage it but he's not 'shape of his life' like Bubba

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I think jericho's adapted his style fine for his age. he still has mostly good matches.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jericho shrugged and jumped off of a cage last week.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah I know he can go, not sure about Devon though currently. I guess he's good enough that he'd manage it but he's not 'shape of his life' like Bubba
All he needs to do is be able to brawl and do the 3D that's basically what anyone wants from a Dudley Boys nostalgia run.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

All he needs to do is be able to brawl and do the 3D that's basically what anyone wants from a Dudley Boys nostalgia run.

if there's no flying headbutting dudes in the crotch, no buys

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Blasmeister posted:

wazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

Devon's crippling fear of heights has gotten worse, best we can do is a flying headbutt off the bottom turnbuckle.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
SHIMMER announced Havok for their October shows. The most DVDest of DVD products.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
http://www.alternativenation.net/daniels-kazarian-history-of-tna-creative-teams/

Here's an interesting article with Daniels & Kaz's thoughts on different TNA creative teams throughout the years.

Daniels posted:

Well I actually met Vince [Russo] for a short time during my stay with WCW when I was working there. He had people that he had clear ideas on and I never felt I was in that group in WCW and you could sort of say the same thing in TNA. I don’t think he ever latched onto something inside of me and put forth any effort towards my character for me.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WrestlingInc is a meh source but:

quote:

TNA has booked three dates at the Manhattan Center in New York City in January. TNA currently has no other events scheduled in the U.S. after this week's TV tapings in Bethlehem, PA.

Unlike in the past when TNA ran the Manhattan Center, these dates weren't brokered by Spike TV.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Blasmeister posted:

"gently caress you, gently caress you, gently caress you, you're cool, gently caress you, I'm out."

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rovert posted:

WrestlingInc is a meh source but:

TNA Brawl for All :hellyeah:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://grantland.com/features/tna-professional-wrestling-dixie-carter-jeff-jarrett-wwe/

Lengthy article up at Grantland about TNA's written by someone other than the Masked Man.

Nothing really new for those of us who've been following the situation and there were some times he bought Dixie's bullshit.

quote:

Backstage at the Manhattan Center, where TNA is wrapping up its second sold-out, three-night run of the summer

Still, he was willing to call out Carter and TNA management for several of their lies and terrible decisions in other areas. Dude also seems to be treating Jarrett's vapor fed with a lot more credence than it currently warrants though.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 16, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

http://grantland.com/features/tna-professional-wrestling-dixie-carter-jeff-jarrett-wwe/

Lengthy article on Grantland about TNA's woes up at Grantland written by someone other than the Masked Man.

Nothing really new for those of us who've been following the situation,and there was some times he bought Dixie's bullshit.

to call out Carter and TNA management for several of their lies and terrible decisions. Dude seems to be treating Jarrett's vapor fed with a lot more credence than it currently warrants though.

"Russo says he’s writing a book about his time with TNA. It’s titled Total Nonstop Agony."

<3 Russo

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The follow up to Rope Opera: How WCW Killed Vince Russo remember.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Grantland articles are always embarrassing

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I can see how the journalistic precept of "try to be fair and evenhanded" must've held the writer back from just typing "THIS loving COMPANY" over and over again, but given reality's anti-TNA bias I'm not sure how you could best report on this trainwreck of a promotion.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

Lengthy article up at Grantland about TNA's written by someone other than the Masked Man.

quote:

“This is one of my favorite things,” she says, walking toward a psychedelic painting. “When we had our first issues with Jeff Hardy,” the TNA daredevil who has struggled with drug and alcohol abuse throughout his career, “he did this painting called The Charismatic Apology.”

I'm still amazed at how easy it is to vacillate between despising Jeff Hardy and wanting to tousle his hair because he's five.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

quote:

Her voice, a soft Dallas lilt, has its own smile

Man what the hell dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

TNA will begin taping Impact Wrestling episodes tonight in Bethlehem, PA at the Sands Bethlehem Event Center. The company will be taping tonight, 9/17, 9/18 and 9/19.

One talent who will be missing the tapings will be Homicide as he's out of action with some nagging elbow and shoulder issues. He had been in the X-Division mix of late.

That big talent roster.

• Locked thread