Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I thought crazzy Steve was part of The Menagerie or are they already gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Death Zebra posted:

I thought crazzy Steve was part of The Menagerie or are they already gone?

He is, but they ran out of money so they haven't been bringing in Mike Knox and the woman (I have no clue what her name is) got hurt. Guess they're keeping Terry at home too.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mike knox: too expensive for tna

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

ChampRamp posted:

the woman (I have no clue what her name is) got hurt.

Rebel

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

WeaponX posted:

mike knox: too expensive for tna

He's a luxury they can't afford.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

lol

quote:

This afternoon, I received calls from several TNA personalities asking me why I said the company was going out of business.

As you might imagine, this was news to me, since nothing of the sort has been written in an article on PWInsider or stated in PWInsider Elite audio for our subscribers.

It turned out that a less than reputable wrestling "Newz" site, looking to create content for themselves without actually putting in any real work or cultivating any real sources, wrote the following: "For what it's worth, Mike Johnson of PWInsider recently stated that he believes TNA really is going out of business."

I can assure everyone no such thing was actually stated.

This is a prime example of things that those who work in the wrestling industry have to deal with on a daily basis - people who take something with no bearing in reality and then publish it as if it's factual - or take something that is actually true and then add new elements that have no bearing in reality to change the slant of the actual story. They don't just cut and paste, they cut and lie. That's not fair to anyone they lie about - not me, not TNA, not Vince McMahon, not anyone.

Anytime I have anything to say, whether it is a story we are publishing or an opinion I am providing, it will be here on PWInsider.com. I have not made any statements that I believe TNA is going out of business, anywhere, at all, at any time.

Any website publishing that "story" are only proving that they are creating false news in an attempt to feed you worthless content, instead of giving you the work ethic and legitimate news stories you deserve.

We make our living with PWInsider.com and in my case, I have done so for over ten years, full-time. Dave has been doing that even longer. We thank ALL of you who support us, either reading the free version or by subscribing to the Elite section, where you can actually hear anything I really do have to say.

So, in closing, I ask a favor of you: that you only support outlets that provide you with what you deserve. Websites that lie to you don't deserve your support. So, don't give it to them. Every click and impression you give them tells them it's OK to make up stories as blatantly false as the one written about me today. It's not OK for anyone to waste your time and lie to you. Don't let them. If you do, you are just giving them license to lie to you, again and again, just as easily as they lied about me today.

Thank you.

Mike Johnson

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

why go through a paywall for wrestling when all you need is an amateur newz site that says Source: The Wrestling Observer

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

why go through a paywall for wrestling when all you need is an amateur newz site that says Source: The Wrestling ObserverThe Reksling Obsessor

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BFG will begin 6 PM local time in Tokyo (Saturday Oct 11 at 4 AM in the US), and won't be live in the US (airing at 8 PM Eastern Sunday Oct 12)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So there are a bunch of full TNA DVDs on TNA's official YouTube channel that I'm pretty sure were previously behind a paywall but are not anymore. Like, they're best of comps, so they're probably pretty good. Example: The Best of Beer Money and The Motorcity Machineguns here-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG5xD5Me49I

Haha, holy poo poo. I've only read about the dreaded red cage and haven't actually watched a match that took place within it until now. I can't make out a loving thing that's going on inside that piece of poo poo unless it's a shot from a cameraman filming through one of the holes.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Bobby Lashley won his fight, so the TNA champion was not beaten on a b-level MMA card.

Also apparently the Bellator show was embarrassing, I saw Meltzer compare it to 2000 WCW so clearly the TNA stink has transferred over to legitimate sport.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bigass Moth posted:

Bobby Lashley won his fight, so the TNA champion was not beaten on a b-level MMA card.

Also apparently the Bellator show was embarrassing, I saw Meltzer compare it to 2000 WCW so clearly the TNA stink has transferred over to legitimate sport.

Bobby might as well have lost, he looked pretty pathetic against his opponent. Beating Bob Sapp is a more credible victory.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Putting pro wrestlers on MMA shows to boost their cred always works.

Right, Yuji Nagata?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised the idea "let's put our wrestlers in shoot fights" persists after Brawl For All- but this is TNA so

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Was it "Batista barely eeks out a win against someone's alcoholic uncle" levels of embarrassing or...?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm surprised the idea "let's put our wrestlers in shoot fights" persists after Brawl For All- but this is TNA so

Bobby Lashley is kind of a fighter. I mean, he's like B-league heavyweight defined (actually, that would be a fat man). He isn't Bradshaw or the Godfather.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Brawl 4 All was great because it showed that Bradshaw has a glass jaw.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gonzo McFee posted:

They should have brought Butterbean in to the WWF afterwards and pushed him to the moon.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Actually everything about Brawl for All was great, right down to how they wouldn't let Shamrock participate and made Dan Severn drop out of the ranking after he won one fight.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

I just listened to Observer Radio and there was a worked angle involving Tito Ortiz and another fighter which is stupid as hell in MMA but he said he mostly enjoyed the show.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

I just listened to Observer Radio and there was a worked angle involving Tito Ortiz and another fighter which is stupid as hell in MMA but he said he mostly enjoyed the show.

Just watch this (no explanation needed (or given)): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iBJxFwr69M

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah that was really bad lmao

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

Was it "Batista barely eeks out a win against someone's alcoholic uncle" levels of embarrassing or...?

His opponent was a visibly overweight 8-7 journeyman who has never beat anyone with more than 1 victory in the sport, has been knocked out or submitted in all of his losses and had suffered all but two of those in the first round, and he still fought off a dozen of Lashley's submission attempts and tagged him a couple times in the second round before succumbing to a choke where it looked more like he was exhausted than in any actual danger.

Lashley's 11-2 now and he still has trouble with the MMA equivalent of jobbers.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Look at the bright side, when TNA inevitably folds Lashley will have accumulated enough experience to challenge Batista.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I hope when TNA inevitably folds Spud gets a job managing somebody somewhere. He's too good for this Titanic.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I guess Joey Styles must have watched Brawl 4 All closely.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I hope when TNA inevitably folds Spud gets a job managing somebody somewhere. He's too good for this Titanic.

Spud is a dumbfuck "nice guy." He's also bad at wrestling and I don't find him funny.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

CarlCX posted:

His opponent was a visibly overweight 8-7 journeyman who has never beat anyone with more than 1 victory in the sport, has been knocked out or submitted in all of his losses and had suffered all but two of those in the first round, and he still fought off a dozen of Lashley's submission attempts and tagged him a couple times in the second round before succumbing to a choke where it looked more like he was exhausted than in any actual danger.

Lashley's 11-2 now and he still has trouble with the MMA equivalent of jobbers.

Then I hope Batista's film career fails so we can have Lashley Vs Batista in a double knock out due to both fighters gassing in the first five minutes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lashley's MMA record is littered with cans. Dude fought Bob Sapp for gently caress's sake.

His losses are more notable to gauge what kind of fighter he is.

Lost to Chad Griggs because he got hit so hard he couldn't figure out how to walk to his corner. Lost to James Thompson because JT is a beast and doesn't give a gently caress if you broke his orbital. Thompson also outwrestled him.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

coconono posted:

Lost to James Thompson because JT is a beast and doesn't give a gently caress if you broke his orbital. Thompson also outwrestled him.

This is meaningless to wrestleposters that don't know that British people can't wrestle

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

ChampRamp posted:

Bobby Lashley is kind of a fighter. I mean, he's like B-league heavyweight defined (actually, that would be a fat man). He isn't Bradshaw or the Godfather.

True, just in general if you're pushing a guy you don't want him in a situation where he could theoretically have an off night and just get clobbered by Joe Palooka from Oxnard. You want to be able to decide exactly what happens.

But there are times when it seems TNA exists to do things that no other wrestling promoter would do. Like it's some weird long form lab experiment.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Maxwell Lord posted:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
People talk poo poo about Batista's opponent but he had way more experience as a .500 level fighter than Lashley's last night and that was Batista's 1st fight compared to Lashley who has fought for years. Lashley sucks.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mike johnson should have finished that memo with, "p.s. tna is still probably going out of business"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Serious question about the Brawl 4 All: Why didn't they just kayfabe it?

I know it was designed to show how Dr Death was a real life badass, but surely they could have at least told Butterbean to go half-strength and make the wrestlers look good.

Instead you get a fat out of shape monster knocking your "tough guys" the gently caress right out, and grandstanding.

And I agree with the poster above who said they should have pushed Butterbean to the moon over this ... have him murder some guys and then have the WWE Champ beat him in a 'wrestling' match. Everybody looks tough, Butterbean and WWe make lotsa cash. everybody is happy.

But none of this has to do with TNA, so as you were I suppose.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

I know it was designed to show how Dr Death was a real life badass, but surely they could have at least told Butterbean to go half-strength and make the wrestlers look good.

Butterbean offered to work the fight, or at least go easy. They told him no, either because they thought Bart Gunn could legit fight Butterbean (he had been pretty dominant from what I hear in the actual tournament), or because they didn't care about Bart Gunn, it had all been a waste, and either they wanted to bury him or just create a crazy moment that went down like it did. Either way, they told Butterbean to not work it, and we got "getting Bart Gunn'd".

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I want to see the parallel universe where they let Ken Shamrock participate in the Brawl 4 All, if only because he'd be guaranteed to last at least more than thirty seconds against Butterbean.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Serious question about the Brawl 4 All: Why didn't they just kayfabe it?

Insofar as the Brawl 4 All up to the point of Bart Gunn winning, apparently WWF brass actually did buy into Dr. Death's badassery to the point where they saw no there was no need to work his fights because they honestly believed that he'd win them all.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chortles posted:

Insofar as the Brawl 4 All up to the point of Bart Gunn winning, apparently WWF brass actually did buy into Dr. Death's badassery to the point where they saw no there was no need to work his fights because they honestly believed that he'd win them all.

So what you're saying is that they're jabronie marks that worked themselves into a shoot by not knowing when to work a work into a work to work a shoot.

Marks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

RZApublican posted:

I want to see the parallel universe where they let Ken Shamrock participate in the Brawl 4 All, if only because he'd be guaranteed to last at least more than thirty seconds against Butterbean.

I don't think you know Ken Shamrock that well.

• Locked thread