Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

Quarters for last week were really funny, per the Observer

quote:

In the segment-by-segment, Bobby Lashley vs. Tommy Dreamer lost 46,000 viewers.

Noooo you were supposed to be the second coming of Bobby Lashley :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Brawl 4 All was great because it showed that Bradshaw has a glass jaw.

They should have brought Butterbean in to the WWF afterwards and pushed him to the moon.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Actually everything about Brawl for All was great, right down to how they wouldn't let Shamrock participate and made Dan Severn drop out of the ranking after he won one fight.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Look at the bright side, when TNA inevitably folds Lashley will have accumulated enough experience to challenge Batista.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I want to see the parallel universe where they let Ken Shamrock participate in the Brawl 4 All, if only because he'd be guaranteed to last at least more than thirty seconds against Butterbean.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chortles posted:

Insofar as the Brawl 4 All up to the point of Bart Gunn winning, apparently WWF brass actually did buy into Dr. Death's badassery to the point where they saw no there was no need to work his fights because they honestly believed that he'd win them all.

So what you're saying is that they're jabronie marks that worked themselves into a shoot by not knowing when to work a work into a work to work a shoot.

Marks.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lid posted:

I don't think you know Ken Shamrock that well.

I base my prediction solely on the main event at UFC 9.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

LividLiquid posted:

Are you one of the ones I argue with all the time, or one one of the ones I agree with? I can't remember.

Either way, this was funny as all hell.

The second one, but yeah, thanks.

TNA is like the poo poo that fertilizes good threads.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

So was TNA on Velocity ever confirmed or is it still the most likely outcome when the year ends and TNA finds themselves without a home?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

jscolon2.0 posted:

I don't think they have to pay Joe anymore. I think it's just Stockholm Syndrome by now.

So that's why he was kidnapped by those ninjas.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TNA Discussion for September is Reaching Terminal Velocity

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Blasmeister posted:

I love it, being inducted into the HoF only to gently caress off right after. Wonder how that acceptance speech will go :allears:

"Devon! Get the tables!" *puts Dixie through a table one last time*

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rovert posted:

WrestlingInc is a meh source but:

TNA Brawl for All :hellyeah:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Dixie Carter is so nice, like a mom. TNA is like a family.

flashy_mcflash posted:

the mom from Carrie

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Is this gonna be like with Del Rio where they promised him the TNA World Championship immediately if he signed with TNA?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

CubsWoo posted:

If they reform Team 3D he can be Brother Bro.

Bring back Spike Dudley and push them to the moon.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

Who else is going to pay him?

He's paid in emotions.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sports channel in India is somehow way funnier than them being on Velocity.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Now that they have Brodus Clay what the hell else do they need?

To push Brodus Clay to the moon, which he will then displace from its orbit.

He's fat!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Meanwhile, Sid Vicious who probably is that dumb.

Hey, I'll have you know that he has half the brain you have :smug:

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 18, 2014

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

So are they just going to hire an entirely new production staff for January, or is WGN going to take care of that?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TNA, now available in 21% fewer households than ever before!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

I can only imagine how an ad for Impact would look.

Samoa Joe goatse-ing the viewer, which TNAsylum then rushes to defend as an amazing shakeup of what you thought the ad industry was capable of.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

maxallen posted:

I just realized - WGN is OTA in Chicago, meaning TNA has to keep within FCC standards. How long before WGN gets a decency violation?

This depends on how quickly Dixie realizes that being off of Spike means that they can rehire Vince Russo.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coconono posted:

wait, isn't Jason Hervey the guy mixed up with that GFW business?

That was David Broome, the guy that made The Biggest Loser. Hervey is Bischoff's best friend and may or may not still be in a backstage production role at TNA.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

This reminds me: back in 2012, there was a story going around that Spike had gotten tired of Dixie's empty promises, and preferred to bypass her and deal directly with Bischoff. To the point that they excluded her as much as possible from conference calls and such. :v:

That would explain why TNA sent Bischoff back home and let his contract expire earlier this year.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

A certain network, perhaps :dance:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Maybe Sinclair will step in and buy TNA :smug:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Angle/Shamrock in a Fight Club rules match.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dan Quinn got out of jail recently, and I can't wait for him to challenge and subsequently destroy Kurt Angle with a quickness.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

His wife was dying of cancer so TNA produced a documentary to tell you how Jeff was just the swellest guy because his wife died of cancer.

Any future documentary on TNA should really be called TNA: The Jeff Jarrett Story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I hope a seething personal hatred of Jeff Jarrett growing over time becomes a recurring theme in future History of TNA videos.

• Locked thread