Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
fat people are the worst and deserve to be discriminated against

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

fat people are the worst and deserve to be discriminated against

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
:gb2gbs:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

no no no cuck is the new hot thing to send people back to gbs for

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
AB I hate to break the flow of the thread but I really like your av :)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

thank u

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

no no no cuck is the new hot thing to send people back to gbs for

I still laugh at that, though.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Kaliber posted:

What the gently caress... Anyone know about what the gently caress to do if you get married in Hawaii 2 months before you PCS and the Army won't let you command sponsor your spouse cause it's less than 90 days out from PCS and they won't amend your orders to include her so you get the her flight paid for, and HHG, TLA, and DLA at the married rate?

Looked up the reg and it states Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and other states are excluded from having to command sponsorship dependents who are bona fide from the states but Schofield's MPD refuses to put her on without a command sponsor. Am I hosed and going to have to pay for this move out of pocket because I didn't ask the army for permission for my local wife to live here?

I know this is late, but don't trust MPD to be right about anything. I had a similar issue here in Europe. Not even the department head knew what he was talking about. I and some old retiree from a different department--surprise surprise, the only guy who bothered to have a copy of the reg on hand--had to educate the MPD director on what should have been a basic function of his job. If your situation isn't cookie-cutter perfect, they really don't know what the gently caress to do and will just try to deny you out of hand.

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas
I applied for and got company command. I don't want it; the only reason I applied is because the other two applicants are incompetent and I don't want my soldiers to suffer through that. I take command next week. I guess my first action will be to ban PT belts.

Sigh. I'm going to get drunk now.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

calmasahinducow posted:

I applied for and got company command. I don't want it; the only reason I applied is because the other two applicants are incompetent and I don't want my soldiers to suffer through that. I take command next week. I guess my first action will be to ban PT belts.

This is your calling. You are now on the path to become chief of staff of the Army so you can disband it so that no soldiers will have to suffer being in the Army any longer.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

calmasahinducow posted:

Congrats!

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

calmasahinducow posted:

Make it count, it'll probably be the last time you can get drunk for the next year.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Paradise Lost posted:

Make it count, it'll probably be the last time you can get drunk for the next year.

or this could be the last time hes sober for the next year

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Today I watched two NCO's monkeyfuck a 249 and try to figure out why it was single shotting. I watched a Sergeant immediate action a saw no less than ten times to try to get it to work. Each time it spat smoke out of the chamber into his face. It wasn't going to happen, it wasn't meant to be. It had no gas regulator. I heard a different NCO ask if it was one of the new barrels...

Another 249 went down because the firing pin broke, while firing.

Same range, during combined arms familiarization, I watched a private shoot the muzzle cover off of a 320. I didn't think anyone would actually be able to do that as after last year when everyone took them off the factory attached dummy cord, I haven't seen a 320 with a muzzle cover.

A different 249 went down because the firing pin broke.

I'm gonna go in my little corner here and regret the life choices that led me to, at this moment, have no money for alcohol.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006
Sounds like typical guard life, except no mention of the BBQ. At least someone always has a cooler of lovely beer. :shrug:

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
Is it a rule that if you're in the 101st that you have to be a loving rear end in a top hat? Seriously never got along with someone from that unit/who deployed with them.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Ashmole posted:

Is it a rule that if you're in the 101st that you have to be a loving rear end in a top hat? Seriously never got along with someone from that unit/who deployed with them.

By the time you've gone 4 consecutive summers without watching your kid play soccer because of field training and/or deployments you start to get a little bitter. The commanders at every level try to uphold the same morale crushing bullshit. "We're the 101st, we have to do more."

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
We just got a SPC in our unit (ASMC national guard unit) that once, in the long past, deployed with the 101st, and has the patch. Whenever someone tries to talk down to him or correct him, even if that person is an E6 or something, he turns a bit, puts his left palm against his right arm, and taps the loving deployment patch. And he gets corrected a lot, because this is his first loving drill with us. Also, he has longer hair he gels sideways like brad pitt in inglorious basterds.

I have never, ever wanted to punch somebody in the face more than this loving guy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Geirskogul posted:

I have never, ever wanted to punch somebody in the face more than this loving guy.

well why didnt you

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
break his nose next time he taps on that gay rear end patch.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

calmasahinducow posted:

I've been out for years and one of the greatest joys is sleeping with my phone in another room, because no longer do I expect a 3AM call from the MPs saying two of my #blessedangels have gotten into a drunken nude brawl in the adjacent backyards because their version of Redneck Wife Swap went wrong.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

We just got a SPC in our unit (ASMC national guard unit) that once, in the long past, deployed with the 101st, and has the patch. Whenever someone tries to talk down to him or correct him, even if that person is an E6 or something, he turns a bit, puts his left palm against his right arm, and taps the loving deployment patch. And he gets corrected a lot, because this is his first loving drill with us. Also, he has longer hair he gels sideways like brad pitt in inglorious basterds.

remind him the 101st isn't airborne anymore and they should take away the tab of the patch

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i wore an 18th Airborne patch on my shoulder and i swapped it out with 3rd ID as fast as I could

basically gently caress airborne after 1945

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

173rd was okay when I was in since we were on the other side of the world from the real Army and never trained or jumped or anything except for a couple big dumb Graf rotations or whatever. But all the other airborne units sound like poo poo and apparently the 173rd actually does poo poo now so gently caress that also.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

remind him the 101st isn't airborne anymore and they should take away the tab of the patch

remind him that he's a leg

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Geirskogul posted:

Just remind him that no matter how many times he taps that patch, he never made a combat jump, nobody liked him in 101st, and that 101st has been riding off their loving name for 30 years.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Air assault air assault air assault air assault AIR ASSAULT AIR ASSAULT

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
gently caress the 101st and gently caress the Cav

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Neo Duckberg posted:

gently caress the Army

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Geirskogul posted:

puts his left palm against his right arm, and taps the loving deployment patch.

The gently caress? I could see this from a SOCOM patch or a ranger scroll, but every swinging dick in my unit has a 101st patch. I wear my broken TV patch over the stupid eagle, AA, and spade that I have just because someone won't come up and ask "hey bro, when were you with X"?

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Neo Duckberg posted:

gently caress the 101st and gently caress the Cav

First Cav Worst Cav.

Horse's Head, Horse's rear end.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I don't even wear a deployment patch because I don't feel like spending money on it.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Geirskogul posted:

Sounds like he doesn't even have Air Assault wings. Remind him that he would be lower than many E-1s in the actual 101st. There have been times when they would make SPCs stand at the far left of their rank because everyone else in the squad was AASLT qualified. Never seen it with an NCO, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happens.

E: Wait, it's one of those assholes who wears the patch because he shared a FOB with some 101st unit? Oh gently caress those guys.

Nimmy fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 29, 2014

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

50 Foot Ant posted:

First Cav Worst Cav.

Horse's Head, Horse's rear end.

When I found out how many tens of thousands of dollars went into moving their god drat life size fiberglass horse from Texas to bagram I was shocked, and I had been in three years at that point to see some serious fraud waste and abuse. International cargo space, loaded huey in a combat theater, crews for everything. Not that far from a solid hundred thousand to move a god drat horse statue so they have something easy and convenient to gently caress a lower enlisted into being posted guard on. For a year.

There is not a dick large enough to give first cav the loving it deserves.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
cav is gay, airborne is gay, army is gay.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

cav is gay, airborne is gay, army is gay.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I remember immediately after my graduation ceremony from armor school the commander of 3rd ACR was there and shouted at the top of his lungs for all the LTs that had orders for his unit to gather. He then went on a ten minute shouting rant to them about how great 3rd ACR is and how hardcore they have to be if they wanted to lead platoons in his regiment.

cav is gay

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Arm the Fucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

today my Facebook page is covered with people congratulating someone i deployed with for getting her Master Sergeant.

i also realized today that I deployed almost exactly 10 years ago.

ty all for posting poo poo about how gay the army is, its really helping me feel a lot better for not being in anymore

• Locked thread