Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

who the gently caress in gip is still stupid enough to be in the army

they should be banned for not being smart enough to get the gently caress out

edit: except for deployments, then i guess thats ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Don't start with that poo poo. I had a dream last night where I was going on a ruck march but couldn't find a reflective belt or stuff to meet ruck weight requirements. Ugh.

I had the missing weapon dream again last week.

Still couldn't find a weapon with a sn of 726059 :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

We left AIT in Class B's. :shrug:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I think I was given a sponsor when I first got to my unit. He ETS'd that same month.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Women allowed in Ranger School now?

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20140912/NEWS/309120058/Women-invited-apply-Ranger-School

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

iceslice posted:

Army combat shirts are the biggest pieces of garbage. I rocked the Crye ones, one with the forarms cut off and one unmodified. They're worth every single penny. The combat pants on the other hand are pretty awesome, and while they're not as comfortable as not-army expensive stuff, they're more durable.

You're talking ACUs? Because I have a set hanging up right now in my closet that I'd be more than willing to sell on ebay or w/e

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also the inch of loose tobacco from breaking cigarettes in your pocket by accident and there's no way you can get it all out of the pocket no matter how much you try

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mike-o posted:

how the gently caress did all of you forget the jizz stains?

lol if you dont save wet wipes from MREs for tactical jizz placement

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

lol wrong thread

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 18, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

zombie303 posted:

Check your fire!

bitch im a civilian right now ill fire wherever i want

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mike-o posted:

portashitter jerkin, dude

also what was that quote about some general not wanting soldiers to spill their seed on an infertile desert wasteland? gently caress i can't remember it or find it.

that was anne frank fanfic iirc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

I have never, ever wanted to punch somebody in the face more than this loving guy.

well why didnt you

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i wore an 18th Airborne patch on my shoulder and i swapped it out with 3rd ID as fast as I could

basically gently caress airborne after 1945

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

today my Facebook page is covered with people congratulating someone i deployed with for getting her Master Sergeant.

i also realized today that I deployed almost exactly 10 years ago.

ty all for posting poo poo about how gay the army is, its really helping me feel a lot better for not being in anymore

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

seriously, he's an e-4

call him a human being, drop his rear end in front of everyone, tell him that if he taps his patch once more you're going to murder an eagle in front of him and never give a gently caress

Justin Tyme posted:

remind him the 101st isn't airborne anymore and they should take away the tab of the patch

just tell him that the tab was removed by a commander memo and rip it off his shoulder

he won't be able to look it up anyways

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

Oh, I'm just another E-4. But I've observed this poo poo, and he's done it to me. gently caress you hot poo poo, I do medical poo poo in the real world. Nobody cares if you have a FAST1 (which the army doesn't even loving use anymore gently caress get with the program).

what does he like carry a fast one on him

because yeah theres a good chance its expired, especially if its from the army

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

101st took over for 42nd inf when i was deployed

they were the first ones wearing ACUs while we all still rocked our DCUs.

they were jealous as gently caress

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

In boot camp, platoons would "cross decks" from one squad bay to another in order to exit from the other side of the building.

Both platoons would conveniently be lined up and in each others' way somehow every time this happened so there would be all kinds of punching and kicking as our nubile young formations slithered over and through each other.

Did u guys have that?

no

i went to flw and it was a mixed barracks, so every time we'd have to change uniforms we'd have to go to our lockers, grab our poo poo, run to to the changing room, change with 100 other dudes in a 10x10 room and then run back to our locker to stow our gear

this made stealing poo poo incredibly easy

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

That you stole.

please

weiner looks were free for all

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

iceslice posted:

So today I went to work, turned in some finance paperwork, and sat around for an hour bullshitting. Tomorrow I'm going to make an M4 out of foam from an old pelican case, put a serial number on it, and make one of the new guys carry it around while they in-process. Forget getting shot at, blown up, or DUIs. Boredom is the real killer. R3 is retarded.

is this a punishment

because if so that's pretty weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

one of the best punishments i saw was in Iraq. soon after we got there we were bringing out m997s down to the depot for the hillbilly armor, and i watched an e3 going down the road flipping a massive axle end over end

we asked the motor sergeant what was up, and the dude went on a convoy without his id or his dogtags, so he was to spend the day going up and down the road on speicher flipping the axle, end over end.

• Locked thread