Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Mark Hunt has brain damage and it's giving him depression, this is for the win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
That was a pretty bad decision and despite spending most of the fight in top control Jar Dine hit him maybe once. Just old Kev's opinion... figure you guys can take it or leave it.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Askren exclusively has extremely bad fights against no names and afaik he never beat Dan Henderson so I don't see why he should be in UFC getting paid the big dollars.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lentz was going to win

Well he won their last fight.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Even if you could sit in guard and take no damage and force your opponent to react to you you're still losing the round so why bother.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I think that was treazn. He was the one who started the Overeem is Bad thread, if I recall.

Wow I guess you shouldn't have rudely ran him out of town for being completely correct.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I did and do think a lot of the Jones hate is racism but obv. I don't think mma fans Hate black people, it's more that jones doesn't like to present as black in the way famous black people are supposed to which makes people call him fake and wish a real Black who isn't afraid to shuck and jive mid fight like Rashad would beat him.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

manyak posted:

Thats a good trolling angle but those people are all cheering for Cormier who presents as a Swaggy famous black athlete like 1/1000th as much as Jones

It's just momentum at this point they'd cheer for whoever, say a guy who assaulted random people for fun as a youth.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

black, white, yellow, red, brown or gold, our poo poo all comes from the same little hole. i'm just a human. we're all just humans

And that hole, is where elite level wrestlers will go ahead and stick a finger, or even two. The sporting life is good.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Brutally and insanely elbowing women in the face isn't very sexy, he's right. Personally can't wait till all the commissions approve this and everyone wants to see it for some reason.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Nice, I see you found a picture of me (far left), me (center) and me (right).

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Every time you think Nick Diaz can't get cooler, he does.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

It's important to have a non-hot wife so people think it's plausible when you blame fight losses on not wanting to have sex with your wife.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

you may know jds as a professional athlete and question why he married someone ugly, but equally some homely brazilian woman knew him as a homeless dishwasher with male pattern baldness nicknamed "gypsy" whose only appreciable skill was violence. if anything he was punching above his weight

Nice... +1.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

The list of New Jersey stereotypes is everything you think of off the top of your head when anyone says New Jersey, and then claiming the ones who are actually like that are from long island. This is similar to how people from Arkansas are happy to let you know that actually the hicks are from Mississippi.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I hope Rin wins because her aesthetic is funny and good but I can't even pretend like I have a clue.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

They must really want overeem to win a fight, any fight, so they can feed him to JDS or Cain. I can't think of another reason to make such an obvious and complete mismatch between a good kickboxer and a deeply wounded stickman who hasn't fought in nine years.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

what's the harm in letting someone who's 3-0 in the ufc and has looked impressive every time fight someone on the lower end of the top 10?

This is what they say every time they make Faber V. David "Tough Enough" Yarlburo.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Mens Mixed Martial arts apparently is a fat guy and a fatter guy throwing clubbering fore arm shivers and as soon as they get hit the fight is over, it's pretty bad to be quite honest.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Isn't that basically what bendo said after his losses to RDA and Pettis?

Hmm sounds like he was being a "herb" and not "real" enough.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

*the lights go out in the arena as choral music begins pouring through the PA system*
*spot lights come on and snap to a masked figure descending into the cage on a suspended platform. He appears to be wearing half of a pajamas*
"What! Who is that? Who can it be who would challenge Mark Hunt on his home turf" cries Mike Goldberg.
"Actually Mike," interjects Joe Rogan,"Mark Hunt is from New Zealand."
*As the music crescendos, the man tears his mask off, revealing a bleeding cut and a steely visage*
"THE LAST EMPEROR, FEDOR EMELIANENKO, IS, IN THIS FIGHT, THE CHALLENGER TO MARK HUNT, INSIDE THE OCTAGON!" ejaculates Mike
*An intense staredown ensues, bruce buffer does the first in-octagon 1080, and the bell rings*
*Fedor winds up his best fastball as mark hunt comes over the top of it, causing a temporary rift in space*.
*after the abyssal creatures are forced back into the tear and the remains of the devoured audience members are cleaned up, Joe descends upon the octagon for an interview*
"Alright, first I'm here with the winner, Mark Hunt! Mark, walk us through this beautiful punch!"
"Hello Australia. Hello Sydney! Pretty fun, yeah? Nice to be at home. I love my kids, Praise the lord."
*Joe stares over to Mike, unsure what to do as Mark pulls away and heads for the nearest food vendor.*
"Alright, I'm here with Fedor. Fedor, the fans have been waiting for your UFC debut for years. You're one of the best in the world, but Mark gave you a run for your money tonight. What do you have to say after making your long awaited debut?"
through a translator: "I trained hard, and I am but I was worried I would not make enough money which is very distracting to the training. In the end, the aboriginal wizards in the crowd were too powerful for me to overcome."
*Fedor turns to leave*
"Well, congratulations on an interesting UFC debut, we hope to see you again."
*Gas fills the arena. As the occupants begin to get drowsy, Vladimir Putin appears accompanied by several KBG.*
"This event never happened. You saw nothing. You will remember nothing. Sydney is now part of Russia, a 100000 ruble award is available for information leading to the arrest of the dangerous militant mark hunt."
*Somewhere, far away, Barack Obama senses without even seeing that his best man, Mark Hunt, couldn't get the job done. The UFC heavyweight division the site of his own personal bay of pigs*

That's me who wrote this post, I mailed it to him and told him to post it for me but I wrote it and I stand by it.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

At a pre fight workout, so that he becomes extremely powerful and gets a K.O.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Chuck Ice Man brutally outwrestled silva to a point decision and right then and there they decided to protect him from that kind of thing by only making him fight other fighters in the 185-ish division.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

And if you think about it, isn't the Coca Cola Zero Refreshing Taste Less Calorie Rock Wall Challenge the real measure of a man?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

manyak posted:

Even though im a Nerd, Im gonna work out and get mad laid [sees girls fawn over guy with big biceps and chest] That guy probably isnt athletic at all.. he skips leg day, i work out for performance, its way different [realizes im bad at every sport and the Bicep guy is more athletic than me] Oh uhh.. actually I lift weight for the numbers. i lift heavy things and put them down, LOL! [sees a buff guy lifting more weight than me] hmm.. that guy's posture probably fuckin sucks. Bet he's gonna have.. shoulder girdle problems and poo poo. My posture is ridiculously off the chain

Yea

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

-Atom- posted:

It's funny how reactions to any given situation is directly proportional to how liked or hated the fighter happens to be.

Stay consistent, y'all.

I consistently support reality as it happened, am in favor of cheating, and don't like Tim Kennedy. Thus, I feel morally and logically correct in feeling good about what happened.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

How could anyone anywhere care enough about tim kennedy to be mad. I guess "The world is large."

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

When you max out someone's damage meter it resets to zero. It makes perfect sense.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I dont think I'd pay any money to make Don Cerroine fight because I'm pretty sure you could pay him in used atvs and light beer.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I think you should let vitor use any steroids he wants. Why worry about it so much? We all do things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Hell if you think about it, maybe zuffa doesn't want to give the fighters more money because they're keeping that money for themselves. Got to come a tthis from all the angles.

• Locked thread