Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Dangersim posted:

A year this month since Cain/JDS 3 and neither have fought since.

Nitpicking but that was in October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I grew up with a ton of people that look and act like Pettis so yeah, this.

Did you find it hard to attract females while hanging out with such fine pieces of rear end?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

God drat this is a good free card. Better than some of the recent PPV's for sure.

According to my TV the main card starts at 10 and is supposed to go to 12. And according to Wikipedia the main card has 6 fights. 2 hours for a 6 fight card seems a little short doesn't it? Does the main card really start at 10?

Sort of important to me since I work until 11 and would really like to catch at least the main and co-main.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

black beast

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Chris usually gets pretty chubby between fights. I saw an interview before he fought Anderson in which he didn't look "fighter" chubby, he looked chubby like you or any person you know at work. Granted the interview was probably during his recovery from surgery, but still. He probably walks around at about 220 at least.

Oh look I found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpH2Dunu_HY .

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Pretty sure the charges were dropped because Thiago's wife wouldn't cooperate and fled the country. If that's correct and the UFC re-signed him then what the gently caress.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

How does Jacare *not* get the next shot? Does Rockhold really deserve it more than him by beating Bisping?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

If Ronda was black would we like her

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Although the whole wrestling thing won't be addressed, I think Porier is a really good measuring stick for him and I can't wait to see that fight. McGregor owns.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Fat Mark Hunt is only a slight -150 favorite over fat Roy Nelson. Now I am of the opinion that while Mark Hunt is cool, he's very overrated by this here forum, but I also think he's leaps and bounds better than Roy Nelson on the feet and I really don't think Roy is going to be able to take Hunt down and dominate him from there.

I thought this fight, at first, was just going to be a test to see if Hunt could actually finish Roy (because if the JDS beating didn't finish him then I'm not sure it can happen anymore...how did he get finished by Arlovski?) but oddsmakers seem to think it's a very evenly matched fight.

Also I can't remember the last time Hunt was favored in a fight. Certainly hasn't been since I started watching.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

When I was in high school I was drunk and the cops crashed a party I was at (do goons know what a "party" is?) and I started chugging water because for some reason I thought it would sober me up within 30 seconds and I puked everywhere. I took a breathalyzer and waddaya know I got an underage.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Count Roland posted:

Is anyone watching the new TUF season?

No

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Hunt probably shouldn't want to fight JDS again.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

who the gently caress else is jds going to fight? besides i'd like to see the fight where mark hunt isn't fighting on one wheel

JDS almost killed him 2 minutes into the fight. I'm still sort of puzzled about how a human being stood up right after that overhand right.

I just think JDS' speed is too much for Hunt. He's the better, more technical boxer of the two and I think he can probably take the fight to the ground if he really wanted to. I think JDS is terribly underrated by MMA fans as a whole because of the beatings he took from Cain, but I think he's the 2nd best heavyweight in the world and I'm not sure it's all that close.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Holy loving hell I had no clue that the card was going on that early. The only good thing is that I can probably wake up at a decent time and watch the fight right away and just not look at my phone for a half hour until Hunt/Nelson is over.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

UFC setting this one up on a tee for Reem....

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Wait was the reason given for Struve's panic attack really that the fight was too much pressure for him?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Seltzer posted:

Looks like Hunt's camp thinks he might not be making weight. https://twitter.com/markhunt1974/status/512550994375229440

gently caress. A+++++.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Mark Hunt is fat.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

masato tatanka posted:

posture report please

quote:

Tonight I ended up at Conor McGregor's after party, dragged there by a friend. Dumbest bullshit I was ever at, goddamn. All I could see was wall to wall slappers and nine out of ten dudes had bad backs. Sad and educational in the one go.

quote:

In the main event, there were two dudes. One of them was Irish, performing in front of an Irish crowd in Ireland. He won the bout which helped his after party immensely. A friend of mine persuaded me to it, despite my inclinations. He bullshitted his way in, sorta, and then we had an amazingly unfun time, surrounded by orange women in very little, operating under the delusional hope that UFC guy would gently caress them, repeatedly, into some sort of monetary positive. At the same time, most of the males I saw were weighted towards steroids and skipping leg day. Seriously, I have walked into offices full of computer nerds slaving away with better backs and posture. Admittedly, none of them were four foot wide with rounded shoulders that bad, tearing their backs to shreds. Personally, I felt ashamed I was there but learned a lot about how the human body can be distorted detrimentally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Was someone really saying Caraiso's pay didn't seem like enough at 24k? Outside of his friends and family I don't think you could find 10 people that bought the PPV to see him fight. Literally.

• Locked thread