Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Devyl posted:

Well, you would think by now that celebs would be a bit more smart and just use a point n' shoot digital camera instead of their phone. It's not like this is the first time this has ever happened.

Yeah well lets face it, if Apple wasnt so enamoured to THE CLOUD!!!! there wouldnt be any discussion. As long as you store your pictures on your phone and refuse to allow them anywhere, you'll be most likely okay.

THE CLOUD!!!!! and UX are two of the most utterly loving retarded buzzwords in IT and just as much of a PITA as each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

rscott posted:

It's a Matra Murena iirc? some French car

I've heard both from "offical" sources - Murena and / or Celica Supra. Probably bit from coloum A, bit from B

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I got reminded the other day that kids born in 1996/1997 are starting at the local university this month.

Talk about feeling old out of nowhere... Holy poo poo I really met the ex-wife 18 years ago?!?!?!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Reminder - you are following Car 79 aka KaptainBallistik at the WRC this weekend.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

MrChips posted:

Why the gently caress did I post in D&D, what the hell was I thinking?

Plead temporary insanity

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

That tiny bit of intelligent and Obession called geek? That's apparently me if IQ wasnt utter bullshit.

What kind of a dick throws screws on the side of the road for cyclists to get flats?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Saw the ex-wife's father today. Holy crap, Parkinson's is a hell of a thing.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

You ever had one of those moments where you get a big reminder you just dont live on the same hemisphere as others? I just got that. I swear you all are making not a lick of sense

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Nodoze posted:

It's more fun to drive a "slow" car fast anyway

e: unless the reason that it handles like a land barge

99 Forester, no power, throw it into corners flat out and laugh your head off.

00 VE V8 Commodore, 6 speed manual, hugely fast and deeply frightening to throw into a corner as you arrive doing over 100kph faster. The real truth about the cars going around is that anything that can do under 14 sec times are fast and do not allow mistakes. They also dont allow for the stunts you can pull in a slower car. Give me a great handling lowish power car on a track anyday.

(But that's not to say the big boofhead powerhouse isnt fun. I actually think a big powered car is more fun on the road, simply because poo poo like overtaking can be done a lot safer. Going 10/10ths has no place on a road in either car but I much prefer high horsepower when daily driving or doing long distance. But gimme a two litre screamer on a track any day, I'll fling that bastard into a corner and have much MUCH more fun doing it)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

CharlesM posted:

Moral question for AI: I walk my dog down by the canal and there is are rowing clubs and maybe the university club too. I was walking by when one of the instructors started yelling at two of the rowers asking "what is that?" and doing the "ssh" thing to interrupt them when they reply and all that stupid kind of poo poo that just insults people and talking down to them. I was thinking of yelling at him that he is a dick but I decided that's not really my style and wouldn't accomplish anything. I thought it's been conclusively proven that that method of coaching sucks. What would you do? Yell at him? Actually what I'd want to do is look up the club and email them but there weren't any logos on this boat. Anyway it's not really a huge deal but was curious what other people think.

Rowers are some of the biggest jock assholes on the planet from some of the most privledged families, screw em would be my response.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

kastein posted:

^ my mom is a rower. Explain yourself sir :colbert:

I have zero idea about what rowing is like in the USA, but here the reality is that it is pretty much an exclusive activity for private schools and privledged twats. Share the water with anyone else OTHER than rowers? No problem! Rowers? GET THE gently caress OUT WE'RE HERE FIRST gently caress YOU LOWER CLASS SCUM. Frankly I have never been near the water with such a bunch of utter shits. And Lord help you if they are blocking a bike path near their precious rowing areas and you politely ask for room. These people are exactly the kind that think they are better than everyone else because they come from the right scholl and have a bigger bank account. That kind of thing really pisses me off

I'll make this crystal clear - I have zero idea what rowers are like in the USA. I dont know what social class they come from or whom they are or what they are. My comments are strictly about Australia - and believe me, rowing is just chock full of assholes here.

Kyacking and canoes? Hey, that's also different. I know a few (and competed in river races yeeeeeaaaaars ago, hell still got the one I built) - raw meat eaters but eh, usually good people.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

The Midniter posted:

I know this is Automotive Insanity and whatnot but lots of the regulars here seem to be, like, way hosed up in one way or another. What's the deal with that? Are there any relatively sane, well-adjusted people here? Or does this forum just attract people with a penchant for alternative lifestyles/brain patterns?

All I see are fairly normal people with fairly average issues being open about said issues. I'm quite certain at a AI meet I could have a drink / pizza and have a loving good time and not be worried about some idiot spoiling the party.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Fart Pipe posted:

I was worried about the first AI GTG we had up here in the Northeast but its seriously an awesome group of people and a lot of us ended up being really good friends to this day.

Pretty much when I met the Cali crew. I still want to know where the gently caress Redscare got a cricket bat and why he had it in his car.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Viggen posted:

..now I'm picturing Lucas style BDSM prequile to a creepy Craigslist date going very wrong. Thanks, AI.

Sounds like something CSB posts on Facebook

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

leica posted:

Zoom lenses are for pussies, you zoom with your feet :colbert:

I use my 70-200 IS 2.8 L for hand to hand combat. Primes just shatter.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

freelop posted:

Just back everything up to the cloud

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

trouser chili posted:

Unfortunately my uncle has since passed away and I do not know what happened to the car. He was considerably older than my father, roughly 15 years, and was a notorious playboy.

Anyway, try to guess the car. It took me a bit but I'm pretty sure I've got it.

I'm guessing an Alfa 6C of some sort. The bodywork is probably somewhat custom so it'll be hard I think to guess it. Also maybe a Ferrari?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

I thought I did, but apparently not.

Oh well, Thanks anyways! :3:

That's a hell of a custom title.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

That's pretty loving bad (even if a few of the points are pretty decent). Look up the Paul Hogan show, he did that a hell of a lot better

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

blk posted:

I need to find a manual tranny beater

I heard Craigslist has no end of them.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I'm sure the number of people IOC has probated barely equals the number of Viggen kitty jails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm csbterrorist on snapchat.

That made me do a double take - for a moment I thought you were impersonating me.

goatse guy posted:

I'm not very good at this Tinder thing.

Wrong, you are very good at that Tindr thing. Or whatever the hell that is, I honestly just plain ignore all social media outside of FB (or Strava, I'm addicted to that site) and even then that's just "eh, the relatives are being racist again" so I haave NFI what the hell any of you are going on about with your snap things and Grinders. All this new social media and latest apps, making me like I'm some one luddite even I work on the plaforms that make them work.... feels like I'm in some different time period than everyone now where I dont understand a word anyone is saying.

I'm not even sure that's a bad thing either.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 30, 2014

• Locked thread