Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I wish the Texans played the Jaguars before week 14 so Watt+Clowney could kill Henne for us.

Bigass Moth posted:

Let's go the Browns bitch.

16-0 or 0-16 begins now.
gently caress you, go browns!

edit: I cant wait to see Orton play for the Bills, dropping bombs to Watkins. I hope Watkins sits out a few weeks to heal his ribs up, long enough for Manuel to get benched/Orton to learn the playbook. Then Watkins and Orton march onto the field and own everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Volkerball posted:

The bigger issue is caring about basketball or baseball. It's a struggle.

Amen brother.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chris James 2 posted:

@brian_mcintyre
Watt & Tyron Smith are only NFL players signed beyond 2020. Selected 2 picks apart in 2011. Player picked in between them: Blaine Gabbert.

:suicide: gently caress Blaine Gabbert. gently caress Jack Del Rio. gently caress "Shack" Harris.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ehud posted:

uh maybe because bortles had to compete with Henne just a wild guess here

I have a feeling the Hennewagon will not go very far this year :(

bhsman posted:

Not taking Bortles was just like not taking Peppers in 2002. :sigh:

Were you really that high on him? I got the feeling that not that many people were that high on him. But then again the talking heads didnt criticize the Jaguars that much for taking him at 3, and some actually complemented.

Ostentatious posted:

It's fine now you guys have Bort Starr

I lol'd.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 2, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

embarrasing tank posted:

I'm gonna say Doltos :v

I'm going to the Cowboys/Jaguars Wembeley game, and at this point it seems like everyone is pretty much in agreement I'll be watching Mr. Bortles start? From the admittedly little I have seen of his preseason he's looked pretty solid.

Bortles has looked pretty good in Pre-Season, but:
1) Management really want him to sit a while
2) He was (mostly) playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers
3) Preseason doesnt matter

I have no idea what will actually happen and he very well may be playing by then, especially if Henne is Real Bad, but the team has continued to reiterate that they want him to sit this whole year out. His performance in preseason has supposedly gotten management thinking they will play him if Henne shits the bed or (obviously) if he gets hurt.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SunshineDanceParty posted:

He looked like a guy with potential early on the with Jags, but he's been pretty bad for the last three seasons at least.

Confirming this. No idea what happened to him.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lamadrid posted:

The NFL feels like the most exploitative sport in the modern world both to the public and to the player.Almost comical amounts of moustache twirling by the owners.

[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/floridatrend/_legacy/images/photos/12-06/khan_khan[ketterman].jpg[/img]

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAA DOLFAN posted:

that chick? Seriously?

In all seriousness, is she someone special? Should I know who she is (considering I never watch the game intros)?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DangerKat posted:

And then he shoots lightning from his mouth!

And fireballs out his arse?

davecrazy posted:

Somebody photoshop Mannings face to look like its cast in bronze.

Sound the Febreeze alarm :frogsiren:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

They just picked up Case Keenum didn't they? Problem solved.

Jokes aside problem as solved as they're likely to make it this year, are they going to trade for Schaub or something?

Either that or they made the decision that they will be cutting Sam Bradford after the season and that will be shooting them with dead money, so they are restructuring deals so they can still afford to pay young guys or sign free agents next offseason.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DangerKat posted:

I can't imagine that's a factor. Sam's dead money next season is only ~$3.5m with a savings of $12m.

Oh I thought it would be more than that considering his bonkers contract :shrug:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

NC-17 posted:

I'm disappointed there's no R. Sherman - Crabtree.

I tried to make one with Our Lord And Saviour Bortles but its taking like 15 minutes to process :sigh:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 4, 2014

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Jaguars were the only team to score a rushing TD in Seattle last year :unsmith:. Sadly that means Bortles will have to wait 3 more years to beat the Seahawks because of how the scheduling works.

Unless they meet in the Superbowl, of course.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shath Hole posted:

There is some weirdness with the map. There is no way Arizona is 100% Cardinal fans...

In the map's defense, it is based off of people liking the homepage of the NFL team in question, so it is bound to be horribly wrong in some places. I have no friends so I do not use facebook, and thus have not clicked the like button for the Jaguar's homepage.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RumbleFish posted:

I'm surprised there's not any Washington representation in NC/SC. Totally unsurprised by the Steelers presence, though -- seemingly everyone from Pittsburgh flees to the Carolinas. At least they're usually former locals and not bandwagoners, I guess.

I'm surprised there is not more Steeler representation in NC...because everyone from Pittsburgh/Western PA does indeed flee to the Carolinas. I see more Steelers fans in Raleigh when I am out at bars than I do Panthers fans, though that may because Steelers fans can be overly proud of their team so they tend to wear more gear. I also know more people from Western PA than I do people native to NC, which is pretty silly. Obviously this is just my experience and not a comprehensive survey, so take it at face value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Franks Happy Place posted:

I don't think the legendary Cowboys pass rush is a fair test of a guy's NFL-ness.

So you're saying it will be a game to get his confidence up before the real season starts?

• Locked thread