Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Some French Guy posted:

As I have no idea who to root for, since I recently got into watching the NFL, I'm gonna ask you guys. I kinda like the patriots, I thought Gronkowski was a beast last year. That's pretty much the only non QB name I can remember.

It's the Ravens. You're gonna want to like the Ravens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Brannock posted:

Packers-Seahawks is going to be the game of the loving month

I don't even care if the Packers lose it's gonna be fantastic to watch

What if it's a lovely blowout of the Packers

oh wait that would absolutely rule, nevermind

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

MonsterWalk posted:

"rah-rah we're the workingman" thing the Packers do

it's more like "wah-wah why doesn't everybody else love us and declare us the best" thing the Packers do

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

No one wants to call Bengals/Ravens :roflolmao:

Yeah but

Why

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Faltese Malkin posted:

This is from a few pages back, but you triggered my love of revisionist draft history.

From the 2011 draft, these are the players taken in the first 14 picks

Cam Newton
And the 3 QB's taken? Jake Locker (8), Blaine Gabbert (10), and Christian Ponder (12).

I know Cam's black and all but he's still a QB

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Source: Welker took Molly at the Kentucky Derby. It had been cut with amphetamines. Same situation as Orlando Scandrick.

Wes Welker is officially my favorite player

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

swickles posted:

Think about the day that Wes Welker had:

1.) Popped molly and went to the derby
2.) Won a poo poo ton of money betting on horses
3.) Was accidentally overpaid $14,000 on said bets
4.) Walked around making it rain $100 bills

Can you think of anyone who wouldn't trade a four game suspension for that day?

Seriously, it was absolutely worth it

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

make his pupils completely dilated

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Sour Diesel posted:

i also think it's cool when my team's coach says good things about his players. in fact, john harbaugh recently complimented terrell suggs, afc north quarterbacks are doomed

Andy Dalton is gonna get sacked 8 times because John Harbaugh likes his guys

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

"I wouldn't have any idea where to get a Molly or what a Molly is. That's a joke."

They didn't add what he said after "That's a joke" which was "I freakin love Molly, it's awesome"

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

NC-17 posted:

I'm not emotionally invested in Wes Welker's innocence or anything, and obviously he did use something, but the only place reporting MDMA usage is PFT "per a league source", which is basically Mike Florio's way of spouting any unsubstantiated rumor he gets emailed.

I am extremely invested in Wes Welker popping mdma and having a loving awesome time

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

He set Wes up!!!

The narrative I am going with now is Brady gave it to him at the Derby with a wink and a nod

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Go to http://www.baltimoreravens.com/

Do it. The Ray Lewis statue is up and it.. is.. AWFUL!

I would assume it was Lewis frozen in carbonite if he weren't screeching self congratulations just to the right.

god i hate the city of Baltimore and anyone who thinks that thing deserves to exist

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Volkerball posted:

I don't think it's anything especially terrible. No worse than any hall of fame busts. Statues just look like poo poo when you really look at them, except for ones made out of rock. It'll probably be pretty cool if you were just walking by it to the gate.

The very concept of a statue devoted to a football player is offensive to me

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

John Brown posted:

Chiming in from a page ago, but every Cowboy fan knows this. I remember we best the undefeated Saints and Colts in the same year, and then lost to a lovely Vikings team.
When was this

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

football fuckerman posted:

You should put enough said at the beginning of your posts

That's the most Dirty Rob joke I've made in a long time

That's a name I haven't heard in many moons

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Substandard posted:

I am not a huge Alex Smith fan (although I am a huge Chiefs fan which makes me biased), but I'd take him in a second over Cutler, Flacco, Foles since his sample size is crap, and possibly Romo (in any game where he is under some pressure to perform) on your list of "good QBs". He's brutally efficient these days, even if he's boring. In the last 3 seasons he's thrown for 53 TDs and 17 ints.

Alex Smith isn't better than any of those QBs

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Lardarius Webb is out for the Ravens so watch as the Ravens thin as hell secondary gets burned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Kalli posted:

Janay Rice says she deeply regrets the role that she played the night of the incident.

oh my loving god

gently caress off ray rice

• Locked thread