Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

That's right, there's only T - 21 days until the official start of autumn, so this month's theme is fall! Warm color palettes! Mushrooms! Hoodie weather! Nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in everything!

The subject of this sketch is very summery but I used a fall palette for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Posting these again here since the old thread is closed.
Starting a design for a new shirt.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

Work in progress. Based on a moleskine drawing I might post later.
The moleskine drawing was based on another piece I made a couple of years ago that I'm no longer happy with.
Colour pencils in birch wood panel. I'll later paint it over with oils.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Trying to figure out how cartoony I want my style to be. I prefer it moreso because your expressions and body types become less restrictive.
Then I got bored and drew dumb things.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Das Boo posted:

Trying to figure out how cartoony I want my style to be. I prefer it moreso because your expressions and body types become less restrictive.
Then I got bored and drew dumb things.

I agree with you on the cartoony style, it does restrict a little less and feels more fun to me too, but you take that back about your adorable little cartoon cats! :v:

Sorcery
Jul 3, 2012
Self-portrait!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
JamietheD and Exploding Squid - Don't get an inkling, they're shite - I got one when it first came out, and yeah, it looks amazing. The main problem is that your hand can block the signal to the receiver, so you'll shift position while you're drawing, and only realise it wasn't 'recording' when you go to upload it. Added to that, I didn't bother spending too much time, but the line quality was bad. I don't know if that's solvable, but the thing's basically an expensive toy.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

JamieTheD posted:

I agree with you on the cartoony style, it does restrict a little less and feels more fun to me too, but you take that back about your adorable little cartoon cats! :v:

THEY GOT TINY LEGS! :holy:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I thought this month was school themed so i drew the noob chair _/

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics

Drawn on Wii U Art Academy Sketchpad.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

petrol blue posted:

JamietheD and Exploding Squid - Don't get an inkling, they're shite - I got one when it first came out, and yeah, it looks amazing. The main problem is that your hand can block the signal to the receiver, so you'll shift position while you're drawing, and only realise it wasn't 'recording' when you go to upload it. Added to that, I didn't bother spending too much time, but the line quality was bad. I don't know if that's solvable, but the thing's basically an expensive toy.

Ahhh drat! Thanks for letting me know man!

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
I finally finished this guy today.

He's a baaaa-rd.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I tried one of the new Wacoms at PAX and now I want one so bad :negative:

Oh well. Painting instead! I think I did a better job w/r/t contrast and color balance in this one.

Reene fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Sep 3, 2014

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

ToastFaceKillah posted:

He's a baaaa-rd.

I hope he is named Bart. Bart the Goat.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ToastFaceKillah posted:

He's a baaaa-rd.

Do you have a site with a step - by - step of some of your pieces?
Your stuff is unreal.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Inzombiac posted:

Do you have a site with a step - by - step of some of your pieces?
Your stuff is unreal.

I have stuff in various stages on being finished on instagram (@taraquinntattoos), but they're all heavily tilted, since people seem to think instagram is a one stop shop for all their tattoo image needs.

scrub lover
Apr 22, 2005

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Here's the full size of the pic that became my avatar.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
just some faces

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Did a drawing of Emma Watson:

Mostly because I liked the expression she's making in this photo. Did this in Manga Studio 5. The linework I did using the pencil tool, the shading the oil paint tool.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Burqa King posted:

:frogout:

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 4, 2014

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

ToastFaceKillah posted:

I have stuff in various stages on being finished on instagram (@taraquinntattoos), but they're all heavily tilted, since people seem to think instagram is a one stop shop for all their tattoo image needs.

Eh, you mean you take pictures at an angle so they cannot go to another tattoo shop? But what if they run into this forum?

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Keetron posted:

Eh, you mean you take pictures at an angle so they cannot go to another tattoo shop? But what if they run into this forum?

I actually did think about that, but there's a lot less lovely ripoff artists on here, and people looking for their next tattoo design. I have only had a handful of things ripped off since I started tilting them on instagram, and every single one has been tilted, so I know they're still taking them off there. Which is hilarious and sad at the same time. This and one other place are the only places I still post untilted work.

That said, here's a badger druid in progress.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Burqa King posted:

It's okay to be a 'lil nublet but please scan or at least take a well lit photo of your drawings. Also if you keep trolling I'm going to give you a month off :)

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Can I ask who I'm supposed to be trolling so I can apologise

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
I finished the badger druid today.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Woo, I haven't given myself RSI! :woop: (Just buggered the elbow in my nerve, similar symptoms but it'll heal faster.) Let's celebrate with a robot nun!

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
Drew a friend of mine. I'm not as happy with it as I wish I was, but it's my first drawing in weeks. Just gotta get over this cyclical phobia of the pencil that hits me once every two weeks.

EDIT: If fall colors are the theme, you'll be pleased to know she's a redhead.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

Given I was pretty much incapable of drawing a face at the start of the year, I'm feeling pretty :smug: right now. The rest of it is a bit meh, after a while I just worked on the face. About 1h from photo.

mjau
Aug 8, 2008

chalk

FEXO
Oct 25, 2001
After years of neglect I've decided to start drawing again this week. I drew these ladies to try and knock the rust off my mind grapes.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
A really unfair comparison:

One was 30m on my (A6) wacom + photoshop, one was 60m on my tablet + clover paint. Regardless, I think I'm improving most in 'how I approach a drawing' - it's not that I can draw lines better, but I'm learning more and more what lines to draw.

Come December, I'm going to enjoy pulling out a drawing from before I started this and re-doing it. I feel kind of like vertigo at how much I've improved, and we're only 2/3 through the year!

e: Also, how obvious is it that I've been readin Loomis lately?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Page of sketches. Nothing too fancy here, but I've been doing something each day this week, however brief, so that's good.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I've been doing something each day this week, however brief, so that's good.

I can't overstate how good it is - I've been drawing (almost) daily this year, and I've improved more than I can describe. I understand now what people mean when they say it's like a muscle - use it every day and it gets bigger and better, sit on your rear end and it slowly withers.

Were you drawing from life or photos for these?

Arbor
Jun 9, 2010

Some painting practice. The subject of the original sketching bit the heck out of my nephew, as geese do.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Been attending figure drawing sessions for about a month.

For about every one that I like, there's 10+ that look like poo :mad:

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Trying to speed up my painting, so this is a speed paint of my character in Mount & Blade: warband.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I know it is warm and the sun is too sunny,
and you'll probably tell lots of jokes that aren't funny.

(Still playin' with them tiny legs.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

petrol blue posted:

I can't overstate how good it is - I've been drawing (almost) daily this year, and I've improved more than I can describe. I understand now what people mean when they say it's like a muscle - use it every day and it gets bigger and better, sit on your rear end and it slowly withers.

Were you drawing from life or photos for these?

Just photos, using the pixelovely figure drawing tool mainly. You aren't wrong about it being like a muscle - you can feel yourself loosening up the more you draw at any one time.

My main obstacle is procrastination - I mostly get stuff done on the weekend because I can take a good run up to drawing and on weekdays I usually sit down right when I should be going to bed, so I'm usually too tired to do anything except stare blankly at a sheet of paper, so my goal this week is to sit down and start drawing nice and early.

• Locked thread